Why is Woodbury a bad sequel to Northpark?

<p>Ck,</p>

<p>I appreciate your feedback. I am trying to provide an accurate observation. For those who lives in Northpark will understand my analysis. One has to experience both communities inorder to draw the right conclusions. I am not saying other communities have flaws and there are many other factors to be considered. My comparisons of my post addressed several communities. Eventhough I mentioned other destination neighborhood but I am not endorsing them as good design. </p>

I like Woodbury, but I'm a renter. It's nice to have all the perks. Why they would allow renters to use all the stuff the HOA pays for I will never know.

<p>Retail mall get sued a lot for having slippery surfaces. Criminals deliberately stage their fall to sue the owner. Many occasions criminal ran out in front of vehicles at known blind corners at the parking drive aisles. Many camera are secretly mounted to record all suspicious activities. One case was a woman waited at the corner for 10 minutes and dashed out in front of a slow moving vehicle to fake her accident. South Coast Plaza has recently replaced its 25 years old floor. Criminal will take this opportunity along with their dishonest lawyers to make a lot of money. Crime prevention is a very demanding field right now.</p>

<p>EvaL,</p>

<p>I would imagine zovall saw your comment about adding an architectural category but I will make that he gets it. He is the grand master of the forums. That and I might end up messing things up. </p>

<p>I like the idea because I know I have missed a few of professor bkshopr's classes. He should assign required reading and field trips to get so that we can get an honorary IHB degree. </p>

<p>bkshopr,</p>

<p>Great analysis. You are good. In fact, I have not seen any neighborhood, like the Northpark neighborhood, where people upgrade and downgrade in within.</p>

<p>bk - Thanks again for the informative post. I, personally find this information more educational than some of the others. I mostly agree with you about Woodbury. Among many other issues, I too, never "felt right" when there. I can't say, however, the same about Portola Springs. To me, it has a entirely diferent feel. Could you elaborate a little more about "death chi", and what effect the 241 has on Feng Shui?</p>

bkshopr,

I understand the issues about Feng Shue and Woodbury, but lets look at it a different way. I think Woodbury is one of the densest suburbs in terms of number of homes per area in all of Irvine--to the point that it almost has a "city feel" rather than a suburb. Paris is a great city (according to the majority of the people in the world). Can't you say that Woodbury is the "Paris" of Irvine? Minus the cute cafes below the homes, and the incredible variety of shops/museums/landmarks.

<p>TRock,</p>

<p>Personally, I actually like Woodbury a lot better than Northpark. And it does have a "small city feel" especially when the ele. school is open this coming Oct, and the middle school opens in two years (they are moving dirt right now for the middle school across the street). </p>

<p>BKSHOPR is right about the open trail, and potential safety issues. One way to get around it is not to buy the homes close to the trail and close to the shopping center./apartments. One good thing I believe Irvine company didnot screw up was to group the apartments in woodbury all together to serve as a "buffer" between the single family homes and the shopping center. Once you are 1/4 miles away from the apartments, and trail, there is no differece between woodbury and quail hills which has apartments too, and also closer to freeway.</p>

<p>If you think "woodbury" is the Paris of irvine, then it can't be good for woodbury! </p>

Are those trails really that dangerous? Not in theory, but in reality? I spend a lot of time on the Irvine bike trails network and I've never seen a reason to fear any of the users.

Burglay incidents are much higher along perimeter edges. Homes in Fountain Valley along the perimeter of the neighborhood got rob the most. There are even 6' high wall there ! Burglaries occured mostly during the daytime when people are at work. Irvine is the safest city in felony crime but relatively high in residential burglaries and auto thefts. Why do you think Ebay is so successful? It is the modern day pawn shop unloading stolen goods. Landscape crews who knows your routine have been busted previously for petty theft.

irvine123,

What's with the Paris bashing? It's a great place, though I wish I could understand French. It's a great place to walk around. You are can gawk at and stare down people without getting into a fist fight. It's true that it is not a violent place at least in the city proper. There is a low crime rate relatively speaking. There are a lot of little parks/fountains to hang out at and everything is in walking distance. I'm just saying that Paris does not have great Feng Shui and does not have the architecture conducive safety, but many people would love to live there.

Yes, the lousy landscapers. One actually went into my front courtyard and connected his gardening hose. I ended up getting a pad lock for the courtyard gate.

TRock,

LOL...just my opinion....IF woodbury were become Paris, then this is what is going to happen,

on the upside:

a. I would be able to find excellent wine at the town center.

b. I would be able to find excellent french food at the town center without paying the "french 75" price.

c. I would would be able to find nice coffee shop in the town center, and avoid the bad coffee by Starbucks ( I am waiting for the "starbucks bashing comment! ---- by the way do you guys know the difference between a starbucks grande cappuccino and venti cappuccino? extra milk...yes...extra milk...they don't give you an extra shot! what a scam!!!)

d. instead of working 60 to 80 hours a week, i can now work 35 hours a week, and take one month off during Aug.

on the downside:

a. 75% of us will be very rude to each other

b. 90% of us won't be taking a shower everyday..and smells...

c. you can see people smoking throughout the park, sports, and pool areas.

ahahaha

Regarding the Jeffrey trail in front of Woodbury.Is there public parking? The reason I ask is b/c I drove by today and can't seem to find any place to park.

<p>reason,</p>

<p>As far as I know there are no places you can park along the perimeter of Woodbury. You'll have to park in one of the residential streets inside Woodbury. Try along Longmeadow once you go past the four way intersection.</p>

Back