Who is waiting for Orchard Hills?

Is Orchard Hills affecting your buying decision?

• Yes, I am waiting to buy in Orchard Hills

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Maybe, I want to see what they are priced at and then decide

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • No, I am buying in another new TIC build (ie Stonegate, Cypress Village, PS)

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • No, I am buying in a 5 Points new build (Pavilion Park)

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • No, I am buying resale near Orchard Hills because of the Halo Effect

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • No, I am buying resale somewhere else in Irvine (if the inventory gets better)

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Irvine is the lame... Baker Ranch rocks!

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Other

Votes: 10 13.0%

• Total voters
OpenSky said:
Irvinecommuter said:
jmoney74 said:
Be interested to see how these all look.  It should be a nice neighborhood.

I am curious to see how it is going to look after built out.  Right now, I am pretty used to seeing nothing there.  It will be a little weird seeing rows and rows of houses on the hills.

I'm not seeing anything in the design of the community that is appealing or different.

What does OH offer? Some view lots. Is it integrated with the trail system? No. Density level? Medium->High. Does it have an abundance of amenities? No - just a few pools that you have to drive to. What is the character? "Nestled in a working orchard..." Ummm? I hear that and think pesticides and day laborers, not rustic beauty as they'd have you believe.

I think the 'halo effect' will be folks realizing PP or NP or QH or __ are a better buy / more appealing than OH.

Ah, spoken like a true Northpark owner!  ;D

aquabliss said:
Capella is probably the best bang for your buck, small lots and all.  I'm in the same boat as Bones - we were waiting for OH, then sold pretty quick, and ended up buying in PP due to location, open space, and lot size. 

We were aiming for Strada plan 3 but glad we went with PP instead since those will probably be $1.1M+

is it fair to say that Pavillion Park is the best community to be sold in irvine since the normal size lots were last sold in woodbury? actually, i forgot about lambert ranch. LR and PP are the best communities since Woodbury?

jmoney74 said:
Location is not ideal... but it's all about status.  Hopefully they build some really nice estate homes up there.  Not sure if it would be worth it to buy a motor court home there.  GO BIG OR GO HOME..

location isn't bad.. it's about 14 minutes from the Woodbury Town Center.

qwerty said:
aquabliss said:
Capella is probably the best bang for your buck, small lots and all.  I'm in the same boat as Bones - we were waiting for OH, then sold pretty quick, and ended up buying in PP due to location, open space, and lot size. 

We were aiming for Strada plan 3 but glad we went with PP instead since those will probably be $1.1M+

is it fair to say that Pavillion Park is the best community to be sold in irvine since the normal size lots were last sold in woodbury? actually, i forgot about lambert ranch. LR and PP are the best communities since Woodbury?

If the qualifier is normal size lots then yes.  I still prefer SG over PP as a community but the lot sizes are definitely smaller.

I don't even think Capella matches up to Sagewood or Rosemist in PP.

I'm trying to find something in OH that comes close to those two tracts because those are the ones I like most in PP and you have to go up to La Vita (which still doesn't have a dedicated flex space on the 1st floor) or Messina and both of those are hundreds of thousands more than SW or RM.

Infrastructure-wise, OH has an edge over PP (schools very near) but price and lot size goes to The Bones Park.

Irvinecommuter said:
qwerty said:
aquabliss said:

If the qualifier is normal size lots then yes.  I still prefer SG over PP as a community but the lot sizes are definitely smaller.

referring to just a normal neighborhood, or what most people would consider a normal neighborhood. no motorcourts, 5 ft deep back yards, etc.

bones said:
qwerty said:
aquabliss said:

Why ask obvious questions?

your right. my bad.

qwerty said:
Irvinecommuter said:
qwerty said:
aquabliss said:

referring to just a normal neighborhood, or what most people would consider a normal neighborhood. no motorcourts, 5 ft deep back yards, etc.

I guess that's a definition...40 years ago.  All the houses were SFRs...then SFRs with dupluxes, then SFRs, attached condos, and detached condos.  Woodbury also has motorcourts and small back yards.

qwerty said:
aquabliss said:

Lambert Ranch's lot are pretty small too, I don't think its bigger than the OH's.  One of the sales form the LR told me that the OH's lot for Amelia are actually bigger than the LR's.  Beside been gated, its pretty much the same as PS.

Irvinecommuter said:
qwerty said:
Irvinecommuter said:
qwerty said:
aquabliss said:

I guess that's a definition...40 years ago.  All the houses were SFRs...then SFRs with dupluxes, then SFRs, attached condos, and detached condos.  Woodbury also has motorcourts and small back yards.

I don't see why people hate small lots.  This is the future for new master planned communities.  I think there are significant benefits of having smaller lots and higher density communities, which I prefer and like about Irvine.  Irvine master plan tries to integrate convenient shopping/businesses that is close to nearby residential units along with open natural corridors that connect villages. 

This can be only achieved with higher density as certain # of homes can support each market, restaurant, school, etc.  New Irvine is based on the theme of convenient shopping, close to business, natural connectivity (JOST) among villages = Need higher density (like SF, NYC, etc.) to achieve this.

You can't have these convenient amenities if all the houses have large lots.  Everything has to be spread apart like homes in Midwest with 5 acre lots and out in the boon dog where you have to drive 30 minutes to get to nearest market.  If you don't have density then less shopping, schools, and parks nearby.

I support these small lots and higher density if I can get my amenities/culture/parks in return nearby.  Its mix of urban/suburb lifestyle.   

Homie said:
I have never heard of anyone loving the high density communities.  Which flavor koolaid did you drink bud?

I am certainly loving the higher density.  I used to live in a house with 10,000+sqft lot. where all my neighbor had huge lots.  I had to drive all day to get to places (shopping, school, work, restaurants).

I rather have high density 1,000 homes within a mile radius where I can walk to school and shopping and drive 5 minutes to work, instead of living in a low density where 100 homes are within a 10 mile radius where I have to drive 15 minutes to school, drive 45 minutes to work and 30 minutes to shopping.

For example = 1 market can be supported by 1,000 homes.  If 1,000 homes are spread apart within 30 miles.  I am going to have to drive 30 minutes to get to my market.

If 1,000 homes density within 1 mile, I can walk.  I will rather do that.  If I want 2 acre lot, I will go live somewhere else.

I like Irvine because school (for my kid), work, restaurants, market, concert hall, parks, and freeways are all within my reach (15 minutes).  Only higher density can support this lifestyle and I am all for it.

Back