Who is waiting for Orchard Hills?

Is Orchard Hills affecting your buying decision?

• Yes, I am waiting to buy in Orchard Hills

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Maybe, I want to see what they are priced at and then decide

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • No, I am buying in another new TIC build (ie Stonegate, Cypress Village, PS)

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • No, I am buying in a 5 Points new build (Pavilion Park)

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • No, I am buying resale near Orchard Hills because of the Halo Effect

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • No, I am buying resale somewhere else in Irvine (if the inventory gets better)

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Irvine is the lame... Baker Ranch rocks!

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Other

Votes: 10 13.0%

• Total voters
thatOSguy said:
AA said:
irvinehomeowner said:
AA said:
I believe the non-gated side can be easily converted to being guard gated
If it's not gated now, it won't be gated later.

I'm pretty sure non-Grove homes are out of luck when the zombies attack.

If the majority of the HOA members vote for gates, then it can be done.  The Hawks Pointe development in Fullerton did exactly this.  If members of the HOA believe the values of their home will increase significantly if gates were installed there would be no reason not to do it.  Laguna altura and Lamber Ranch are good examples of how home values appreciate with guard gates.

Has as much of a chance of happening as TUSD building another high school and bifurcating Beckman.

Why would you say it has little to no chance of happening?  If the value of my home increases by $100K or more because of the guard gates, I would seriously vote in favor of installing it. 

thatOSguy said:
Has as much of a chance of happening as TUSD building another high school and bifurcating Beckman.

O, what's that in the middle?  TUSD High School #4

Development+Update+2013.jpg

One can't gate a community later because of traffic engineering. Public vs private street affects law enforcement and fire truck turning radius. Public streets must meet street surveying criteria and speed calibration regularly so cops could issue traffic citations. Public streets do not fall into HOA liability where private streets will raise HOA fee due to slip and fall liabilities.

AA said:
irvinehomeowner said:
AA said:

If the majority of the HOA members vote for gates, then it can be done.  The Hawks Pointe development in Fullerton did exactly this.  If members of the HOA believe the values of their home will increase significantly if gates were installed there would be no reason not to do it.  Laguna altura and Lamber Ranch are good examples of how home values appreciate with guard gates. 

thatOSguy said:
AA said:
thatOSguy said:
AA said:
irvinehomeowner said:
AA said:

Why would you say it has little to no chance of happening?  If the value of my home increases by $100K or more because of the guard gates, I would seriously vote in favor of installing it.

And if HOA fees go up by $10, your neighbor won't.

Not following you.  I would put the gates in all day long if my HOA fees only goes up by $10/month.

@AA: RE: AfterGate:

With the number of homes you are looking at, I think it will be hard to get a majority vote, something with the economic impact of guarded gates will be a large bump to the HOA fees (you have to include cost to build) so majority might be defined as 80-90% which would be very tough to obtain.

Additionally, you have to get city sign off and the other things that IHS mentioned.

This is Irvine, not Fullerton, stuff isn't that easy.

irvinehomeowner said:
@AA: RE: AfterGate:

With the number of homes you are looking at, I think it will be hard to get a majority vote, something with the economic impact of guarded gates will be a large bump to the HOA fees (you have to include cost to build) so majority might be defined as 80-90% which would be very tough to obtain.

Additionally, you have to get city sign off and the other things that IHS mentioned.

This is Irvine, not Fullerton, stuff isn't that easy.

Montecito Vista in Irvine did just that in Irvine.  >:D

Master Plan Modification to add vehicular gates to the Montecito Vista project at 4000 El Camino Real in PA 4.

4000 El Camino Real
PA: 4
File #: 00570521-PMP
Schedule: 06/14/2013
Approval Body: Staff
Planner: Justin Equina

Back