Where is the good pizza in Irvine ?

NanoWest_IHB

I am sitting here in my man chair having some DiGorno pizza and Merlot.....what I really want is some tasty pizza at a local pizza parlor in Irvine.....seems to be only chains here?

Places I've tried...

www.paulspizzaworld.com

Any suggestions?

Red Brick Pizza in Quail Hill mall. Sit outside the store by the fountain for maximum atmosphere - you're just outside Bacchus wine cellar as well, sometimes there is live music to go with your pizza.

<p>Only suggestions I have are: Don't order from Pizza Hut off of Culver/Walnut. That goes for Papa Johns on Jeffrey near Irvine Center Drive, also.</p>

<p>Unfriendly employees.</p>

I've heard people say that Ray's pizza across from UCI is good, but expensive. Z-pizza, also in that center, has good crust but I hate the sauce. Lampost Pizza on Culver/Walnut is more of a pizza parlor place.

<p>Hey Nano:</p>

<p>I agree w/ ABC. Z's pizza is great. High-end pizza but its really good. BJ's is not bad, thick crusted stuff, but its great as well...</p>

<p>Ray's Pizza (university town center) - he's expensive though, but tasty.

I like the 80's feel in that place. Terminator arcade games, purple neon lights, and tube tv. </p>

<p>Are there Irvine foodies out there?

Here's a place for: Irvine + Food dishes. Literally 1,000 listings of dishes from Irvine. Uploaded by ACTUAL users w/ real comments (so they're not professional food photos)

<a href="http://biggestmenu.com/?c=Irvine">http://biggestmenu.com/?c=Irvine</a> </p>

<p>Think of it as Redfin for food in Irvine.. haha. </p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

I, too, am a fan of both Ray's and Z Pizza. I frequented those locations as a student and a little bit after college, and I kinda miss them now.

i second reason's comments on the bad service at papa johns. its a shame because i love papa johns and was so excited to have one open nearby.

ginas pizza (albertsons plaza on campus near uci) is my favorite pizza in the area. nice thick crunchy crust if thats your thing.

first class pizza (woodbury and other locations)

stonefire grill (stonecreek plaza on barranca)

go to stonefire and try getting a family meal for yourself. get a woodfired pizza, rotisserie chicken, and mesquite smoked tri-tip, with a couple of sides. eat them in one sitting and congratulate your manliness.

<p>I have to say that after living in OC for some 12 years now. Peppino`s is my choice. The one thats closest for us Irvine natives would be on Rockfield off Lake Forest. Right next to the Irvine Auto Mall. So technically just outside Irvine by a few feet. Great thin crust and good sauces. The father of the owner Carlo has a special that is great with a few friends and a bottle of wine. Not the cheapest choice out there. But consistancy and you can sit in the bar and watch sports while having a great pizza. </p>

<p> </p>

the smokehouse special at round table is fearsome. the night before i did a half marathon earlier this year i ordered 2 of them for my girlfriend and myself. it was awesome.

We had a gift certificate for "First Class Pizza" over by Irvine Ctr Dr and Sand Canyon. Tried it and it was suprisingly good! It looks like they also have locations on Harvard, and one on Jamboree. It's my favorite pizza place now.

Back