Where are you men hiding?

4walls4me_IHB

<p>Hey, just out of curiosity, where do all you nice, financially level-headed men hang out (i.e. men that realize I don't care what you drive, esp. if it was HELOC'ed?)</p>

<p>This board seems full of real/normal guys, lacking in the SoCal Cultural Pathology. Where do you hide?</p>

<p>I can't be the only girl out there wondering...</p>

<p>4Walls - </p>

<p>Try the Spectrum Club in the mornings. I read that a gym is a good place for single women to meet men - and that a lot of well-to-do guys work out in the morning (?). </p>

<p>I told some of my single girl friends that ... will let you know if they have any good results.</p>

There's a match site for every niche on the planet, but I've never seen one for the fiscally prudent. Maybe somebody should start one that performs financial checks on members (a la Prosper.com). I'd pay money to be presented with potential matches who aren't swimming in debt.

I joke about finding a girl with 20% down, sourced and seasoned. The reality is that finding one who simply lives within her means would be worth the price of admission.

<p>Laing-Lies,</p>

<p>Not well-to-do men, <strong>normal</strong> guys. With sense! The ones NOT driving the fancy cars. </p>

<p>Oh well. It was a silly question. I'm just sick of all the fake crap round here. I've got those midwestern values/priorities and the OC is just sooo different. </p>

<p>Single is good. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>efferheimer,</p>

<p>Try finding a man like that. Trust me, it has to be harder. </p>

<p>Are there no men that live simply, within their means and are actually happy with themselves round here. I don't get it. </p>

<p>I'm financially conservative and am never going to change. I drive a Toyota and rent. I save at least 1K a month and wouldn't have it any other way (unless it was for something really, really special). To fit in, I guess I should be using the extra money for plastic surgery and $2000 shoes. Single it is.</p>

<p>no, go for those shoes that are guarded by cobras!</p>

<p>but seriously, no ideas from me - all my female friends are single and looking, themselves.</p>

<p> </p>

4w, focus on men who aren't from around here. It seems to be primarily the locals who are going nuts, though I do know of some major exceptions.

<p><em>"where do all you nice, financially level-headed men hang out"</em></p>

<p>At home with wifey and three daughters?</p>

<p>Oh well. Since I rent in Irvine I can afford to have a nice car. No debt and own a business. Just got done with a GF who managed to get every dollar out of her house and told me I should buy. She is in the Mortgage business. Or was. I too am conservative with my money. But you cant die with it. Its to be enjoyed. The trick is no debt and good investments , positive cash flow. Single and enjoying it too. Baccus Wine Cellar is a great spot. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>I enjoy the occasional blues musicians at Baccus. I'm still waiting for ESPN or SpeedTV behind the bar, though.</p>

<p>What... Wrong place?</p>

Back