Villages of Columbus - Columbus Square - Camden Place

Seriously. I swear some of our neighbors act like they never received the huge binder from the Association with all the rules. This is particularly true with the whole landscaping issue. So many people in our area are planting plants that do not go with the elevation and putting really tacky mulch, rocks etc down in their beds which is hard to get away from. I don't understand why those people who put up the chicken wire in your area couldn't have used something that is unseen like a thin plexiglass on the inside of their balcony if they are going to disobey the rules instead of trashing the neighborhood.

[quote author="lilybart" date=1244416685]I agree as well. I was told that the new Board members don't believe in enforcing the rules, rather to let homeowners do what they want. I don't understand why we have rules if they are not enforced.

I completely agree. Some guy has been stalking the neighborhood saying his ex-wife in ?their home? has been harassed by the association and he is going to sue because they won?t let her keep her cat enclosure.

Perspective - 07 April 2009 09:17 AM

I know of two pet cages on balconies in our section. One person has a cat cage attached to the window that allows the cat to go outside. Another has ?chicken wire? around the balcony fence to keep a tiny dog from slipping through.

I really don?t understand why people buy homes in restrictive areas (with serious CC&Rs;) and then proceed to violate the rules. If you want the freedom, move to a neighborhood that allows it. If you want conformity, as I do, come to Camden Place. You?re free to unleash your creative side on the interior.

Homeless Newbie</blockquote>

I have also woken up on many thursday morning trash days to throw out additional trash (I used to leave my garbage can out overnight). However, about three weeks in a row I found that one of the neighbors had throw all of their trash into my can, right up to the rim of the trash can. Three weeks in a row.

I'm pretty particular about my trash can. Careful to throw in things that aren't completely sealed in a bag, in order to prevent a dirty or smelly trash can. So far I think i've done a pretty good job, but when I have neighbors throwing in who knows what, I get pretty ticked.

I was thinking of leaving a sign on the trash lid saying that I'm onto them, however lately I have just been resorting to bringing out the can in the morning on trash day.

I used to live in Westpark, and the neighbors in Columbus Square so far have been much, much worse.

[quote author="Shooby" date=1244763048]I have also woken up on many thursday morning trash days to throw out additional trash (I used to leave my garbage can out overnight). However, about three weeks in a row I found that one of the neighbors had throw all of their trash into my can, right up to the rim of the trash can. Three weeks in a row.

I'm pretty particular about my trash can. Careful to throw in things that aren't completely sealed in a bag, in order to prevent a dirty or smelly trash can. So far I think i've done a pretty good job, but when I have neighbors throwing in who knows what, I get pretty ticked.

I was thinking of leaving a sign on the trash lid saying that I'm onto them, however lately I have just been resorting to bringing out the can in the morning on trash day.

I used to live in Westpark, and the neighbors in Columbus Square so far have been much, much worse.</blockquote>

I believe that is against the law and you can complain it to your HOA. I had a neighbor that has too much free time... he distributes the trash evenly to all the neighbor's trash can. For example: If House A has over filled trash can... he will distribute to house B and C so just the trash's lid can close... weird. I think somebody saw him do that and report him to the HOA. The next HOA billing cycle, we received a memo that said you cannot put your trash to somebody else' trash can... it is a violation!

[quote author="Shooby" date=1244763048]I have also woken up on many thursday morning trash days to throw out additional trash (I used to leave my garbage can out overnight). However, about three weeks in a row I found that one of the neighbors had throw all of their trash into my can, right up to the rim of the trash can. Three weeks in a row.

I used to live in Westpark, and the neighbors in Columbus Square so far have been much, much worse.</blockquote>

Sound like you need professional help. For as low as $3, these guys will get your trash cans sparkling clean and smelling like a rose:

<a href="http://binbusters.reachlocal.com/coupon/?scid=1049455&cid=270545&tc=09061110103258124&kw=5415584:25613&dynamic_proxy=1&primary_serv=binbusters1.reachlocal.net&se_refer=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=trash+can+washing+service+orange+county&aq=f&oq=&aqi=">OC Curbside trash can cleaning service</a>

just curious... are these problems only in camden place or the entire columbus square? I havent heard or any other people complaining over in cambridge lane or meriwerther ??? or is just camden people more vocal ???

I hope my question doesn't offend anyone .....

I have a friend that lives in Meriweather and dislikes Columbus Square just as much. The parking situation is pretty much the same across the community, besides the detached homes since they have their own driveways.

I also have a friend that lives in Cambridge, and the parking over there is getting the same. Neighbors that don't take in their trash cans after trash day, loud neighbors, I think it's a pretty common problem.

IMO, the HOA and the board are doing a crappy job of enforcing the rules around here. The outside of the homes have begun to crack, the black paint on the metal gates are fading and no longer black. But instead they are busy planning other useless things in the community. I think the parking problem really needs to be addressed....and soon.

OK, I'm done ranting for the day... =)

From my understanding, an HOA will usually get hopping if they receive a letter threatening legal action unless something is fixed. I would have to take a look at the remedies available under the contract and make sure that someone has exhausted those first. If none are available, the resident with the cracked wall should give that a try.

Aside from that, to answer "hehegrl," I think this forum has just attracted some vocal, free-speaking individuals who live in the same place. I know gripes about HOA and neighbors are nothing new, no matter where you live. Its nice to be able to vent with sympathizers.

Shooby-

At least they didn't steal your can. That happened to us one time. I was flipping out!

I totally don't think Shooby is crazy. We do the same thing. We are very careful about sealing our bags so that our trash doesn't smell.

[quote author="High Gravity" date=1244765638][quote author="Shooby" date=1244763048]I have also woken up on many thursday morning trash days to throw out additional trash (I used to leave my garbage can out overnight). However, about three weeks in a row I found that one of the neighbors had throw all of their trash into my can, right up to the rim of the trash can. Three weeks in a row.

Sound like you need professional help. For as low as $3, these guys will get your trash cans sparkling clean and smelling like a rose:

<a href="http://binbusters.reachlocal.com/coupon/?scid=1049455&cid=270545&tc=09061110103258124&kw=5415584:25613&dynamic_proxy=1&primary_serv=binbusters1.reachlocal.net&se_refer=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=trash+can+washing+service+orange+county&aq=f&oq;=&aqi;=">OC Curbside trash can cleaning service</a></blockquote>

I think alot of the problems are throughout columbus square. But maybe those of us that live in Camden are more vocal about it.

[quote author="hehegrl" date=1244767217]just curious... are these problems only in camden place or the entire columbus square? I havent heard or any other people complaining over in cambridge lane or meriwerther ??? or is just camden people more vocal ???

I hope my question doesn't offend anyone .....</blockquote>

[quote author="Polarbecca" date=1245228305]I totally don't think Shooby is crazy. We do the same thing. We are very careful about sealing our bags so that our trash doesn't smell.

[quote author="High Gravity" date=1244765638][quote author="Shooby" date=1244763048]I have also woken up on many thursday morning trash days to throw out additional trash (I used to leave my garbage can out overnight). However, about three weeks in a row I found that one of the neighbors had throw all of their trash into my can, right up to the rim of the trash can. Three weeks in a row.

<a href="http://binbusters.reachlocal.com/coupon/?scid=1049455&cid=270545&tc=09061110103258124&kw=5415584:25613&dynamic_proxy=1&primary_serv=binbusters1.reachlocal.net&se_refer=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=trash+can+washing+service+orange+county&aq=f&oq;=&aqi;=">OC Curbside trash can cleaning service</a></blockquote></blockquote>

Haha, I think he was referring to professional help from an OC trash cleaning service, not a psychiatrist.

Besides, who would want smelly cans?

Overall, I think Camden is fine, just the parking situation is getting worse by the day. Your garage is meant for storing vehicles, use it!!

Totally agree with Shooby. I live in Cambridge Lane and I see this lady who lives in Camden Place parks her car at our visitor parking all the time. You Camden people are invasing our parking...

Thank for the insight, for all of you that live at VOC CS... that place sounds terrible; I can't believe there was a time when my wife and I wanted to live there so badly... this always just goes to show how important buying is and how permanent the decision is...

[quote author="Polarbecca" date=1244270292]I completely agree. Some guy has been stalking the neighborhood saying his ex-wife in "their home" has been harassed by the association and he is going to sue because they won't let her keep her cat enclosure.

[quote author="Perspective" date=1239149828]I know of two pet cages on balconies in our section. One person has a cat cage attached to the window that allows the cat to go outside. Another has "chicken wire" around the balcony fence to keep a tiny dog from slipping through.

I really don't understand why people buy homes in restrictive areas (with serious CC&Rs;) and then proceed to violate the rules. If you want the freedom, move to a neighborhood that allows it. If you want conformity, as I do, come to Camden Place. You're free to unleash your creative side on the interior.</blockquote></blockquote>

This is too funny!

</blockquote>

That neighbor is probably one the affordable housing unit residents. Camden has many of those.

Back