Varenna by Tri Pointe Homes at Orchard Hills

Went and saw Varenna today.  I actually liked all of the upstairs configurations, they were well done with the lofts being the center gathering area, good privacy / entry for master bedroom.  However the downstairs area on all the homes felt really cramped.  I can't imagine throwing a party in this house without everyone stepping all over each other. 

I mentioned this to the sales lady on my way out and she said "oh yes thank you I will pass that along" (ya, sure). 

My favorite part was the Plan 2 kitchen that had the backsplash mixed with different sized tile above.  Looked like it was done in error but I'm sure it was an intelligent design decision. 

8w9v6p.jpg

I think it is a good price in the current market! And I love the floorplans!! I think Varenna is better than Eastwood. TUSD is not an issue. They are all great schools.

I think Varenna is probably a better investment than Eastwood but for those that have seen the models don't all the great rooms downstairs seem really tiny.  I think with more than 5 people gathering it will really feel cramped. 

I guess what do you want for $1.25M anymore.

Goriot said:
After seeing Varenna, this Capella at $422/sqft looks like a steal compared to Varenna's pricing of $470 to $480/sqft.  One of the last Capella.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/141-Long-Fence-92602/home/100383209/bdx-1167135

Yah, I agree, I think Capella is definitely a better product. You could argue views for Varenna, but only a very few of the lots will actually have views. The downstairs on Capella is much much better.  Strade is more similarly sized to Varenna and I think also better designed on the first floor.

aquabliss said:
Went and saw Varenna today.  I actually liked all of the upstairs configurations, they were well done with the lofts being the center gathering area, good privacy / entry for master bedroom.  However the downstairs area on all the homes felt really cramped.  I can't imagine throwing a party in this house without everyone stepping all over each other. 

I mentioned this to the sales lady on my way out and she said "oh yes thank you I will pass that along" (ya, sure). 

My favorite part was the Plan 2 kitchen that had the backsplash mixed with different sized tile above.  Looked like it was done in error but I'm sure it was an intelligent design decision. 

8w9v6p.jpg

Ahh man, don't get me started on these sales ladies and how they appear to have an automatic NOD and fake positive responses to anything you say. I am still upset at mine who not only refused to give me $2500 off that she initially promised but also LIED about how THIN the space is b/w the shared walls, so now when your kid cries in your condo, neighbor rings a bell and asks for the kid to stop crying...lol...its insanely pathetic ...wish i had the extra money lying somewhere to throw a lawsuit at the builder+agent+construction crew but these guys know very well how to fool around and open a new LLC for every new project so that they can cheat-lie and steal.

Goriot said:
After seeing Varenna, this Capella at $422/sqft looks like a steal compared to Varenna's pricing of $470 to $480/sqft.  One of the last Capella.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/141-Long-Fence-92602/home/100383209/bdx-1167135

I went out to see Varenna today. When I asked the sales lady which lots have views she gave me a blank look saying any views would be temporary since there are many other builds planned in future over there. And the only homes with no neighbor behind will be the ones backing directly to the toll.

Aqua I completely agree. The downstairs is quite small ESP compared to our Capellas. But the upstairs and lofts are definitely nicer. And the small backyards are done very nicely so it doesn't feel so cramped.

With that said you do get more space for your money at capella. We paid $430/ sqft and that was WITH $100k in upgrades from the builder. So that one capella for sale looks like a good deal compared to Varenna.

Paris said:
I went out to see Varenna today. When I asked the sales lady which lots have views she gave me a blank look saying any views would be temporary since there are many other builds planned in future over there. And the only homes with no neighbor behind will be the ones backing directly to the toll.

i agree on the view thing, not sure where people are getting these views.  all the homes are at the same elevation, so there are no homes which will be able to see above other ones.  also the ones backing the toll roads will look southwest over the toll road.  perhaps you can see things now, when there are only three homes built on the entire plot of land, but after buildout i can't imagine any varenna home having a view of anything other than their backyard neighbor's bedroom.

Sales told me six homes were sold before opening day and currently, 20 homes are sold.  I guess when homes are priced well, they sell.  Not like Capella which started too high and didn't even sell that much (excluding the model homes) in the later phases.

lovingit said:
Sales told me six homes were sold before opening day and currently, 20 homes are sold.  I guess when homes are priced well, they sell.  Not like Capella which started too high and didn't even sell that much (excluding the model homes) in the later phases.

20 homes sold?  Whaat?? When we went for preview they only had 6 homes in first phase and told me that sales will begin this coming  Saturday.  I thought in comparison to Varenna, Capella was a better buy but then again I also thought  LaVita wouldn't do well either

Irvine Dream said:
lovingit said:

DP

lovingit said:

Capella first phases started at $1.28 for a home over 3000 sqft. That was the builder price for our home without the extra options we added. How is that overpriced compared to Varenna? And that's for a relative "view lot" of orchards and at least no home behind. Varenna has homes behind every house except for the ones backing directly to the toll. And their first phase pricing is $1.262 for 2600sqft

lovingit said:

20 sold already?  Wow, That's pretty hot at this market and at that price point. 

How many houses did they sell in pre release sales , there was only six houses in the first phase . Will they raise the prices for the next phase ?

lovingit said:
Sales told me six homes were sold before opening day and currently, 20 homes are sold.

20? Whoa...are they on phase 4 after one week? I thought it was 6 per phase.

Back