Tragic shooting in San Bernardino

eyephone said:
nosuchreality said:
While I think the discussion around what to do with foreign nationals while we haven't formally declared war on a Stateless entity is interesting, I'll remind people that the principal antagonist was born in Chicago to a naturalized citizen and grew up and went to high school in the SB area.

That said, President Carter did what Trump proposed to People from Iran.

You forgot to mention he went to Cal State Fullerton.

This is an Irvine board and I didn't want it to seem like I was intentionally trying to bias the reader pool by calling out that he didn't make it into the Ivies, or least the UC's as a fall back.

Happiness said:
qwerty said:
I'm for the following:

Sending Asians back to their countries, blacks back to Africa and whites back to Europe. That way is Mexicans stay behind and California and reclaim what is rightfully ours.

Viva Mexico! Viva la raza! :)
Your ancestors were Bering Sea pedestrians.  They walked over from Asia the last time sea levels were low enough to do it.  Mexicans would have to go back to Siberia.

Let's not get crazy. Just go back to Europe/Asia and give us California and Texas back.

morekaos said:
iacrenter said:
morekaos said:
Some of those camps have existed for decades.  The newer camps in eastern Europe will probably be there for a long time. Technical internment without calling it that, pure semantics.

Internment camps and refugee camps are both bad places to live and you are forced to be there. I get it. Beyond that I think there is big difference when your own government sanctions racial discrimination against their own citizens and imprisons them against their will.

Again I think we are having a discussion  over the minutia of the terms.  Clearly these camps are cordoned off areas to house, corral or "intern" a specific group of people.  All sanctioned by the government and in fact administered by them.  These "non citizens" are not allowed to just go anywhere they want unchecked. Its about as close to true interment you can get without outright calling it that.

I'm calling BS; you are just making stuff up now. In the case of Germany, there is no restriction of movement in these camps. They are set up (often by charities) so that refugees have shelter while their paperwork is being processed. They go there voluntarily since it beats sleeping in a park or in an alley.

peppy said:
morekaos said:
iacrenter said:
morekaos said:
Some of those camps have existed for decades.  The newer camps in eastern Europe will probably be there for a long time. Technical internment without calling it that, pure semantics.

Internment camps and refugee camps are both bad places to live and you are forced to be there. I get it. Beyond that I think there is big difference when your own government sanctions racial discrimination against their own citizens and imprisons them against their will.

Again I think we are having a discussion  over the minutia of the terms.  Clearly these camps are cordoned off areas to house, corral or "intern" a specific group of people.  All sanctioned by the government and in fact administered by them.  These "non citizens" are not allowed to just go anywhere they want unchecked. Its about as close to true interment you can get without outright calling it that.

I'm calling BS; you are just making stuff up now. In the case of Germany, there is no restriction of movement in these camps. They are set up (often by charities) so that refugees have shelter while their paperwork is being processed. They go there voluntarily since it beats sleeping in a park or in an alley.

This has not been in the headlines for awhile but it turns out that "yes" there are indeed "camps" that these people are housed in.

Revealed: The giant German refugee camp where Syrian refugee 'bomb plotter' hid for a YEAR under noses of police (and claimed ?333 a month)
Syrian Jaber Albakr was detained by anti-terror police in Germany
He was suspected of plotting bomb attack on an airport in Germany
German media are claiming that refugee had links with ISIS extremists
Three men have been arrested in connection with the planned terror plot
Police found stash of explosives during apartment raid in city of Chemnitz

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3832108/The-giant-German-refugee-camp-Syrian-refugee-bomb-plotter-hid-YEAR-noses-police-claimed-333-month.html

France buses 1,600 migrants out of notorious ?Jungle? camp in Calais

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/french-move-to-dismantle-notorious-jungle-refugee-camp/2016/10/24/2acd2ed6-99ae-11e6-9980-50913d68eacb_story.html

Ironically Sweden has turned into a reverse interment camp where the refugees run the place and the police are kept out

Sweden on the brink? Police force pushed to breaking point by violence amid migrant influx

But police have now admitted the force has reached breaching point as more p 50 areas in the country have now been placed on a ?no-go zone? list.

In February a report from Sweden's National Criminal Investigation Service announced there were 52 areas where officers would not cope with the levels of crime being committed.

Sex assaults, drug dealing and children carrying weapons were just some of the incidents mentioned in the report.

https://cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.express.co.uk/news/world/727574/Sweden-chaos-Police-pushed-breaking-point-unprecedented-violence-crime/amp

Back