Tragic shooting in San Bernardino

Here is NYC barricades are everywhere. Siren sound is occurring 24/7. The entire NYPD is out full force and on overtime. Guards wearing military uniform armed with weapons are positioned at all mass transit facilities. San Bernardino of all places supposed to be an unlikely target of mass shootings.

Not sure if it has been reported.. but odd that they haven't stated the ethnicity of the suspects.. has to be middle eastern right?

jmoney74 said:
Not sure if it has been reported.. but odd that they haven't stated the ethnicity of the suspects.. has to be middle eastern right?

Most likely not known.  I suspect in the end it'll be identified as just three home grown nutjobs.  Targeted a Department of Public Health holiday banquet, that smells of home grown anti-government nuts, IMHO.

Note: LA Times reports banquet was for a healthcare provider that rented the space.  Radio saying Dept of Public Health.  LA Times also reporting possible argument in the banquet with a person leaving and returning with the two others.

Just watched the press conference of one of the suspects relative. Not that much information given regarding the suspect.

nosuchreality said:
jmoney74 said:

Most likely not known.  I suspect in the end it'll be identified as just three home grown nutjobs.  Targeted a Department of Public Health holiday banquet, that smells of home grown anti-government nuts, IMHO.

Note: LA Times reports banquet was for a healthcare provider that rented the space.  Radio saying Dept of Public Health.  LA Times also reporting possible argument in the banquet with a person leaving and returning with the two others.

Confirmed. It was known the whole time. A friend of mine passed on the name to me in the afternoon. Oddly he got it from an mma message board as guys were listening in on police radio.

Crazy... Going to get worse for muslims.

going to be intersting to see if they conclude its just a disgruntled employee thing or it's a domestic terrorism thing, or a radicalized thing or a combo of all three.

So far the news has some strange information regarding their relationship status, meeting her online recently, but them having a six month old baby at the grandparents.

He's spent his adult life of not his whole life here, graduating local high school in 2003, so he's spent his whole adult life under the 9/11 shadow. 

All that said, based on how shoddy the overall reporting has been on basic issues of Inland Regional Center, Dept of Public Health and who's working were and which group is targeted,  can't really count on what's reported.

Sad for the affected families, sadder for us as if there is an overseas terrorism link, we'll take the easy blame out and not figure out why a local high school guy radicalized.

If it's a disgruntled employee, well how many of us have a mental list of coworkers or former coworkers that you want to be on vacation for a week if they get let go.

It's weird that the guy was attending the party but left after some type of quarrel.  Who knows, maybe someone commented about the war with ISIS or something related to their religion and it offended him?  Or, maybe they were having a heated discussion about dashcams and traffic incidents?  :p

But the thing is, I've been pissed off by many people before but I don't have battle fatigues and automatic rifles at home and a wife that'll come back with me, at a moments notice, guns blazing so something doesn't add up here.

Sounds like terrorism. Why would dude wife and friend come back with him.

irvinehusky said:
But the thing is, I've been pissed off by many people before but I don't have battle fatigues and automatic rifles at home and a wife that'll come back with me, at a moments notice, guns blazing so something doesn't add up here.

Yep, I was particularly struck by that when I read that they left their baby at home to go carry this out. Blood-thirsty individuals.

SoCal said:
irvinehusky said:

Yep, I was particularly struck by that when I read that they left their baby at home to go carry this out. Blood-thirsty individuals.

Something snapped with the couple...I was shocked at the 6 month baby thing as well.  I feel like there will be a combination of factor...like Boston Marathon bomber.  I don't feel like it's straight up terrorism because no terror groups have stepped up and claim responsibility. 

"Co-worker Patrick Baccari told the Los Angeles Times that Farook recently visited Saudi Arabia to meet a woman he met online. They returned as husband and wife."

>>> Well, that could possibly explain the wife and how he got influenced. 

"A bag believed to belong to the shooters was found inside the conference room. Inside, investigators found three rudimentary explosive devices packed with black powder and rigged to a remote controlled car. The remote for the car was found inside the SUV where Farook and Malik were later killed, a law enforcement official said.

The pair planned to use the remote to detonate the explosives from a distance, the official said. Either it didn't work because of distance or they didn't do it. Officials later rendered the explosive devices safe."

>>> Don't we all have a few of those, lying around in the house, just in case?

irvinehusky said:
  Or, maybe they were having a heated discussion about dashcams and traffic incidents?  :p
For god's sake, let's put that dashcam thread to an end.  :-[

Well, he police conference is on now.  Thousands of rounds of ammo on them.  Thousands more at home.  Pipe bomb at scene, more pipe bombs at home.  Bomb making tools and supplies at home.

Kind of rules out disgruntled employee workplace violence, IMHO.

And Mom has some answering to do, IMO.  Police reported all this weaponry and bombs are in Mom's house where they were living with Mom.

Edited: Police said there's no signs of GoPro camera footage or any uploads as some media outlets are reporting.

Back