Toyota moving to Texas

Not so, Joe, ask anybody who’s recently left, and I know many. All those tax dollars are running out the door because of high taxes, high cost of living, crappy business environment, and crime and a loony political environment. The chief executive has everything to do with those issues.
Income tax was near the bottom of the LONG list on why we left and I don't regret leaving for one second. I only wish my daughter who lives in San Diego had left too but I can't control that.

Heard on the radio that studios are moving back to California due to tax credits? Something like 7 shows have moved their filming to Cali... notable the new upcoming Citadel series on Amazon Prime.

Why doesn't morekaos link to that? :)

Why don’t you link to it…more stupid tax expenditures by the fools in charge to make it look like they are accomplishing something….$80 million dollars down the tubes for seven lousy shows….idiots blowing our money again on nothing…
🙄🤦🏽‍♂️😆😆😆

The latest tax credit application period was held March 6-20. A total of $80.4 million in tax credit allocation has been reserved for the seven projects selected.

Only the brilliant minds in Sacramento why they're handing out $80M to movie studios when the state is facing record budget deficits.

https://lao.ca.gov/Publications/Report/4687

"Governor’s Budget Likely Unaffordable in Future Years. Under the administration’s projections, the state faces operating deficits of $9 billion in 2024‑25, $9 billion in 2025‑26, and $4 billion in 2026‑27. Because of the state’s constitutional spending requirements, revenues would need to be higher by more than these amounts for the state to be able to afford the spending level currently proposed. For example, to eliminate the operating deficit in 2024‑25, revenues would need to be roughly $20 billion higher than the Governor’s budget projection. Our analysis suggests this level of revenue is quite unlikely—there is only a one‑in‑five chance the state can afford that spending level."

https://calmatters.org/commentary/2023/02/budget-deficit-may-be-larger/

"
Newsom crowed that “no other state in American history has ever experienced a surplus as large as this.”

Last month, Newsom had to eat those words because the immense – on paper – surplus had suddenly morphed into what he said was a $22.5 billion deficit due to sharp declines in tax revenues. He proposed a $297 billion budget for the 2023-24 fiscal year that clawed back some of the money than had not yet been spent.

The crunch will hit in May when Newsom releases a revised budget, one that likely to be starkly different from last May’s version which projected the much-vaunted but illusory $97.5 billion surplus."

Get your popcorn ready for the upcoming budget revision.

Why don’t you link to it
To the radio station? KFI News 97.1. :)

@someguy Are you going to morekaos me on every thread? He's complaining about Cali not doing enough to keep businesses here and now that we are, you are both complaining about how.

No win with you guys.

As I've said before.. give and take... or like morekaos likes to say... give and take gonna give and take.

Filling the pockets of a few of their cronies is not what I had in mind….cut taxes FOR EVERYONE. Drop stupid strangling regulation. Encourage fossil fuel production and refining. Do something that helps us all. That I would applaud.

To the radio station? KFI News 97.1. :)

@someguy Are you going to morekaos me on every thread? He's complaining about Cali not doing enough to keep businesses here and now that we are, you are both complaining about how.

No win with you guys.

As I've said before.. give and take... or like morekaos likes to say... give and take gonna give and take.
Come join the worldview where government is the problem, not the solution. One of us, one of us, one of us!

This level of incompetence is what we have in charge now….I don’t expect them to ever get anything right but hey…someone needs a toilet..

San Francisco Now Gets Two Public Toilets For Whopping $1.7 Million Price Tag

San Francisco supervisors approved to use $1.7 million on Tuesday to build two public toilets, instead of the agreed-upon one. The toilets are expected to take two years to complete.
In 2022, California granted $1.7 million in state funds to build a standard single public bathroom using the rate given by the San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department, the San Francisco Chronicle reported. After community outrage, Assembly Member Matt Haney sent the Recreation and Park Director a formal letter asking for details on costs.
https://dailycaller.com/2023/04/19/san-francisco-pays-million-for-toilets/

Come join the worldview where government is the problem, not the solution. One of us, one of us, one of us!

Sure... but any government... not just the one you or morekaos align with.

Here's the gist... morekaos complains that people/businesses are moving out of Cali. Then he puts all the blame on Newsom.

Then when I post stuff saying they are giving incentives to get businesses back into Cali, he (and you) complain about the costs.

But you both ignore the benefits of having these companies/people back in Cali (which was the original complaint).

Is this irony or hypocrisy? (Ted Lasso reference!)

The Boy Kings go to solution will be…raise taxes to plug the holes he made…it’s a never ending circle jerk…brilliant!

Gavin Newsom reveals California's budget deficit is $10 BILLION higher than he predicted as it soars to $32 billion - as Republicans slam him for 'dangerous... fiscal gimmicks'​

• Newsom on Friday said California's projected 2024 deficit had grown by $9.3B
  • Tax revenues from the wealthy are expected to shrink as economy slows
  • Newsome plans to cover the gap with cuts, borrowing, and delayed spending

…and as I have said again and again..we don’t just lose human capital when earners leave they take their tax dollar with them…the budget busting is only going to get worse….who benefits from the fools running our states?…Texas and Florida…Now who is left to pay?🤦🏽‍♂️😳🤬

California and New York lose $640M of tax revenue to migration, as conservative Florida and Texas see coffers boosted by $23.1BN

• Liberal states California and New York are posting losses of over $600 million in tax revenue due to migration
  • The figures published by the IRS highlight how blue states with steep taxes are losing citizens for places like Florida with lower taxes
  • As a result, California and New York are actively losing individuals with high income who are moving elsewhere, including some celebrities

The Great Wealth Migration: The Flow of High-Income Earners Across States

High-income earners are moving, and the data on where exactly they're going provides eye-opening insights into the current lifestyle trends of the wealthy. In this analysis, we dive into the intriguing dynamics of wealth migration within the United States, shedding light on the states attracting high-income earners and witnessing an outflow of such wealth.

We've ranked U.S. states based on their net income migration, a critical economic indicator reflecting the movement of high-income earners. This measure culminates several factors, including tax laws, economic prospects, and lifestyle offerings, that collectively sway where high-income earners reside.

https://myelisting.com/commercial-r...on-flow-of-high-income-earners-across-states/

Lower taxes, dump regulation, drill, drill drill I’ve have been clear and vocal about that solutions for ever…. it’s why those other states are thriving and we are dying.

If they can’t grasp the general concepts(they won’t) than they will never never be able to implement what needs to be done…until it collapses and they run out of other peoples money…like the fed is right now.🤷🏽‍♂️

Let's see:

Lower taxes: How and for who? Where do you make up the shortfall?
Dump regulation: That sounds safe.
Drill, drill, drill: That sounds safe too... and what does that solve?

There is a pie... in the sky.

Bye Bye young high end earners, Hope Texas and Florida puts your hard earned tax dollars to better use than we did…

Move over California and New York! Here’s where wealthy millennials earning over $200K are moving to in search of lower taxes

· New York and California lost the most amount of 26-35-year-olds earning over $200K, a new study shows

· But Florida and Texas gained the most - bolstered by the fact neither charges state income tax

A new study suggests 26-35-year-olds earning over $200,000 are fleeing the hotspots and heading south instead.

Analysis of IRS migration data from 2021 by personal finance company SmartAsset found that California and New York had lost the biggest share of high earners in this cohort.

But Florida and Texas had gained the most - bolstered in part by the fact neither state charges income tax.

The two states gained 3,391 and 4,048 high earners respectively - and lost 1,216 and 2,139.

The data confirms an ongoing trend that workers are fleeing New York and California state in their thousands thanks to high tax rates.

Separate figures released earlier this month showed the two states lost a combined $640 million in tax revenue. By comparison, Florida saw its tax revenue swell to $12 billion.

https://smartadvisormatch.com/data/where-young-rich-move-2023

I wonder how many tax cheats the Franchise Tax Board catches every year of people pretending to live in NV, TX, FL for the tax benefits but really live in CA. Is it 0%...because if it's easy to do I'll pretend to live in TX. Is Newsom gonna beef up the CA tax police?

I know of at least three guys who live in Newport Harbor and Huntington Harbor who work out of their Las Vegas offices and retain homeownership in Nevada but never moved out of their homes here. They skirt all the taxes. These guys do $3,000,000+ a year and have been doing it for years successfully. All native Californians by the way and all the kids went to school here.🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

Back