thoughts on a new irvine home stonegate orchard hills

jmoney74 said:
Irvinecommuter said:
thatOSguy said:
OCgasman said:
gaogi said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
I would rather drive a standard Lexus than a fully loaded Hyundai.

More like driving a Lexus vs. a Toyota.  At the end of the day, you're still driving a Toyota, you just paid more for the Lexus.
Lol, this is the better analogy.

Right. The Hyundai analogy would be like comparing to a really nice neighborhood in the inland empire.

I don't really see much difference between Hyundais, Toyotas, and Hondas any more...they're pretty much the same now IMO.

I would say yes in terms of look.  Seems like Honda's design has gone down in the past few years though.  Hyundai makes a better design IMO.

I drove a few Hyundais as rental cars.  Product still feels a bit cheapy inside and doesn't drive as well as the Toyotas and Hondas. 

I agree. Honda/Acura has lost their way when it comes to exterior design. I still enjoy their driving dynamics versus Toyota.

Hyundai has made tremendous gains over the last decade. They improved quality, market share, and design language, all while maintaining the value proposition. The 2nd generation Genesis sedan is a good example of how far Hyundai has come.

I leave for one day and the thread has deteriorated into a Hyundai/honda thread haha.

anyway, for the one who asked, the reason I compare the two is that they can both be had (prior to upgrades) for 1.35Mish.  Yes they are different communities.  Yes the floor plans are different.  That's why I asked everyone's thoughts on SG and OH, and whether OH really commands the 300k premium they are asking.  (Essentially identical quinterra are 1.05 in PS).  Big fish little pond or little fish, big pond I guess.

But as a matter of fact I found Avignon in brea yesterday and am in love.  Too bad it's 1.6M for the one I like.  Big fish, house poor.  Haha.

The California Court Company said:
Qwerty, the self-claimed biggest dick on Talk Irvine, bought a driveway less home on toxic soil in Tustin. Just look at the official disclaimer from my signature. I will not live in Augusta even it is free.

Are you gonna take that from him qwerty?

test said:
The California Court Company said:
Qwerty, the self-claimed biggest dick on Talk Irvine, bought a driveway less home on toxic soil in Tustin. Just look at the official disclaimer from my signature. I will not live in Augusta even it is free.

Are you gonna take that from him qwerty?

i was going to ignore the poor bastard, but since you brought it up, the california court is just a bitter little little man, little in more ways than one if you know what i mean. poor bastard can barely afford a motorcourt in the valuvlg aka Stonegate, perhaps one day he can afford to move up to Cypress Village. his life is bad enough as it is, no need to pour it on.

Seems like alot of Stonegate envy by the other bloggers. Here is a another perspective.

Orchard Hills has higher HOA and Tustin School District (for all homes behind the gate) so you are paying a lot for the cache of living in a gated community. Plus OH homes outside the gates by Irvine Pacific are an exact replica of Stonegate (from townhomes, condos, detached condos, to SFR).

Stonegate is next to the Jeffery Space Trail, best elementary school in all of OC,  lower HOA, convenience to Irvine Spectrum, and convenience to future Great Parks public facilities.

BuddyLeo said:
Seems like alot of Stonegate envy by the other bloggers. Here is a another perspective.

Orchard Hills has higher HOA and Tustin School District (for all homes behind the gate) so you are paying a lot for the cache of living in a gated community. Plus OH homes outside the gates by Irvine Pacific are an exact replica of Stonegate (from townhomes, condos, detached condos, to SFR).

Stonegate is next to the Jeffery Space Trail, best elementary school in all of OC,  lower HOA, convenience to Irvine Spectrum, and convenience to future Great Parks public facilities.

Spoken like a true Stonegate nut hugger.  :p

#FARM said:
BuddyLeo said:

Spoken like a true Stonegate nut hugger.  :p

I don't think anyone would argue that OH is better for appreciation and investment purposes but I prefer Stonegate to live in especially if you have young children. 

#FARM said:
Irvinecommuter said:
#FARM said:
I do!! I have Stonegate envy.. well, I actually have Irvine envy :(

What?  You have friends that have super expensive sports cars and you have Irvine envy?

I live in JC... I envy everyone else :(

I don't understand...I was informed that JC was paradise on Earth at 1/3rd of the price of this hellhole called Irvine.

Irvinecommuter said:
#FARM said:
Irvinecommuter said:
#FARM said:
I do!! I have Stonegate envy.. well, I actually have Irvine envy :(

What?  You have friends that have super expensive sports cars and you have Irvine envy?

I live in JC... I envy everyone else :(

I don't understand...I was informed that JC was paradise on Earth at 1/3rd of the price of this hellhole called Irvine.

I was duped by a black and white teddy bear!

thelandofnoland said:
dethman said:
But as a matter of fact I found Avignon in brea yesterday and am in love.  Too bad it's 1.6M for the one I like.  Big fish, house poor.  Haha.

Not anymore... Just visited and had a sticker shock.

Homesite 11  Plan 3  $1,826,900
Homesite 44  Plan 1  $1,811,900
Homesite 45  Plan 3  $1,951,900
Homesite 46  Plan 2  $2,125,900
Homesite 47  Plan 2  $2,200,900
Homesite 69  Plan 2  $1,876,900
Homesite 74  Plan 2  $1,826,900

Homesites 11 and 69 have no views. Some are only on 7000 square foot lots. But yes, I agree that I would love to see these homes being built in Irvine. Someday ... (and the prices will be worse, unfortunately).

They have few move in ready ones starting - $1.67 million that includes upgraded flooring and other options. http://www.standardpacifichomes.com...gnon-at-blackstone/Specs/815-n-landa-way.aspx

$1.73 million -http://www.standardpacifichomes.com...gnon-at-blackstone/Specs/829-n-landa-way.aspx

Back