thoughts on a new irvine home stonegate orchard hills

WTTCMN said:
GH said:
Irvinecommuter said:
GH said:
I'm not very familiar with the pricing of OH but which community in the gated OH side is comparable to SG ?  Aside from Sausalito and maybe Arcadia, I don't think there is a similar price point community between SG and gated side OH ??

You can't really compare SG and OH price point.  SG was priced low during the recession and then prices shot up during the mini-boom.  Saratoga was selling for about mid $800K when they finished the phase.  OH has basically the same floor plan (plus a few improvements) on the non-gated side for about $100K more.

that's what I thought to.. that's why I was curious why the few previous post were comparing them on which community/tract is better (Of course the more expensive one would be better in general).

Well to be fair, the OP is the one who's asking the question (Capella versus Sausalito) thus comparing OH versus SG.  Personally, if I was in the market for Capella, then I wouldn't even seriously consider Sausalito b/c they really are completely different villages.

I just find it odd to compare Sausalito to Capella as both I think caters to different market in general.  The biggest Capella plan is way smaller than the smallest Sausalito plan and still more expensive at that.  thus looks like both really have nothing comparable. 

I think if you build out the Plan 1 Capella with the sitting area and the conservatory and whatever other options, the square footage does compare to the smallest Sausalito plan.  But more importantly, the price compares.  This is what I think the OP is struggling with.  Get more bang for your buck at Sausalito with the walkable schools & IUSD or go for the gates & higher potential appreciation.
[/quote]

Right on point! Let's stay on this topic.  Better bang for your buck at Sausalito with the convenience to school (for his one year old) and parks vs. luxury and appreciation potential of Capella at Grove OH instead of side tracking to Value Village trashing and racist comments ;)

irvinehomeshopper said:
I would rather drive a standard Lexus than a fully loaded Hyundai.

Goriot said:
I think if you build out the Plan 1 Capella with the sitting area and the conservatory and whatever other options, the square footage does compare to the smallest Sausalito plan.  But more importantly, the price compares.  This is what I think the OP is struggling with.  Get more bang for your buck at Sausalito with the walkable schools & IUSD or go for the gates & higher potential appreciation.

Right on point! Let's stay on this topic.  Better bang for your buck at Sausalito with the convenience to school (for his one year old) and parks vs. luxury and appreciation potential of Capella at Grove OH instead of side tracking to Value Village trashing and racist comments ;)

I agree with IHS, these are very different villages. It all comes down to location, location, location. SG has nothing special to differentiate itself. OH Groves have the gates, elevation, and cache of orchard living.

eyephone said:
I would never drive a Hyundai.

New Hyundai Genesis is pretty nice though :) This one for $40k or $55k for E class or BMW 5 series.  Smart value shopper or Brand conscious show-off?

Review for 2015 Genesis.  the Genesis?s luxury car bona fides are now absolutely on par with Lexus, BMW and Mercedes-Benz.  I don't agree with this, but they are getting close in the same class for more bang for the buck.
http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/latest-reviews/2015-hyundai-genesis-time-serious-article-1.1753611

Attachments

• Genesis.jpg
    Genesis.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 79
irvinehomeshopper said:

More like driving a Lexus vs. a Toyota.  At the end of the day, you're still driving a Toyota, you just paid more for the Lexus.

gaogi said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

More like driving a Lexus vs. a Toyota.  At the end of the day, you're still driving a Toyota, you just paid more for the Lexus.
Lol, this is the better analogy.

thatOSguy said:
OCgasman said:
gaogi said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

Right. The Hyundai analogy would be like comparing to a really nice neighborhood in the inland empire.

I don't really see much difference between Hyundais, Toyotas, and Hondas any more...they're pretty much the same now IMO.

#FARM said:
irvinehomeowner said:
#FARM said:
I care about schools, appreciation, costs, weather and prestige.. this is why we bought in JC. 
3 out of 5 isn't bad in JC.

If Panda lives there then that alone makes it prestigious.  The weather is awesome here!! Way better than Irvine for sure!!

Clearly...I would however stay indoors between 9-11 p.m.

Br-VE7dIQAAfdZ5.jpg

Irvinecommuter said:
thatOSguy said:
OCgasman said:
gaogi said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

Right. The Hyundai analogy would be like comparing to a really nice neighborhood in the inland empire.

I don't really see much difference between Hyundais, Toyotas, and Hondas any more...they're pretty much the same now IMO.

I would say yes in terms of look.  Seems like Honda's design has gone down in the past few years though.  Hyundai makes a better design IMO.

I drove a few Hyundais as rental cars.  Product still feels a bit cheapy inside and doesn't drive as well as the Toyotas and Hondas. 

Back