The Meadows, Lake Forest by Toll Brothers

CalBears96 said:
capboba said:
edit: just asked wife, models are next year May/June so uh yeah...
Wow, that late?  I was told by TB sales consultant that models would be ready by first quarter next year, so I thought Feb/March time frame.

capboba (or his wife, I should say) is correct.  Expect model homes around May, if not later (into Summer 2022).

I probably won't get a call until Phase 8 or 9 anyway...if even. I was very late to party signing up for the priority list.

Our preference is Bluffs at Portola Springs, or Highland plan 1, so I'm OK with later releases...unless I get priced out.

CalBears96 said:
I probably won't get a call until Phase 8 or 9 anyway...if even. I was very late to party signing up for the priority list.

Our preference is Bluffs at Portola Springs, or Highland plan 1, so I'm OK with later releases...unless I get priced out.

It?s definitely a tough market. The fact that you?re this far into your search means you?ll get there eventually.  Good luck on the house hunt!

cupcakezzz said:
Since there?s not much info for Cira, is the market in that area better than LF? Looks like the houses in Tustin and LF are slowly catching up to Irvine. Any chance it?ll go for less than the Meadows?  ;D Just wanted to know what the thoughts are regarding Cira from the more experienced people. Any and all feedback would be appreciated!

Looks like Cira is all zero lot line.

test said:
cupcakezzz said:
Since there?s not much info for Cira, is the market in that area better than LF? Looks like the houses in Tustin and LF are slowly catching up to Irvine. Any chance it?ll go for less than the Meadows?  ;D Just wanted to know what the thoughts are regarding Cira from the more experienced people. Any and all feedback would be appreciated!

Looks like Cira is all zero lot line.
Cira will also have MR costing around 1.5%. And the location is convenient, but not sure how people feel with the huge dome(s) as a back drop in the area.

I recently heard from the sales team...they said that they have 3,000+ applications and they are giving priority to cash buyers only right now. All open reservations thus far have been reserved. They will likely not be able to guarantee an order as of now and although you will have a chance to do a site tour when they contact you, there will be no models until first quarter next year nor homes under construction in production to see for about 1 year. They will be providing detailed pricing, location of home on site, options, floor plans, etc. They said pricing will likely go up once construction begins and model homes are ready.

YLgirl said:
I recently heard from the sales team...they said that they have 3,000+ applications and they are giving priority to cash buyers only right now. All open reservations thus far have been reserved. They will likely not be able to guarantee an order as of now and although you will have a chance to do a site tour when they contact you, there will be no models until first quarter next year nor homes under construction in production to see for about 1 year. They will be providing detailed pricing, location of home on site, options, floor plans, etc. They said pricing will likely go up once construction begins and model homes are ready.

That's exactly what happened when they built Baker Ranch homes, they sold a bunch of homes before the models were built and then after the models were open they increased the prices.

YLgirl said:
That's like an automated message they send to everyone. I got the exact same message. :p

The message said models would probably be ready by first quarter, but apparently someone said May/June.

At this point why even build the models - sounds like they could sell 'em all sight unseen and just start building.

aquabliss said:
At this point why even build the models - sounds like they could sell 'em all sight unseen and just start building.

Sound like Evergrande, have this business model.

Well, we have demands here. Evergrande built ghost city.

I got a call from The Oaks sale consultant last Saturday. We talked a bit about their priority list criteria. Obviously, cash buyers get highest priority, but if they were investors, then they get pushed down in the priority list. Also, buyers with no agent also get a bump up in the priority list. Since I get a loan and also have an agent, I get pushed down. But she did say those that are ready to buy right away do get consideration. And she also mentioned that since the interest in the homes is quite high, it's possible that all the communities would be sold out before the models are even ready.

So we decided to do gather as much information as we could to see if we could pull the trigger without seeing the models. My wife went to look at all the YT videos of real estate agents talking about TB homes just to get an idea of what TB homes look like, since we now only have floor plans to go on. And we also decided to take a look at the area surrounding The Meadows. I must say that we were quite disappointing in seeing The Meadows being in the middle of a commercial area. And we drove up to Baker Ranch to check out similar homes, since The Oaks will have motor courts. After seeing what they look like in Baker Ranch, I would have to say that I don't like it at all. The plan that we want to go with will be sitting on the inside, but it looks like it's pretty difficult to pull out from the driveway.

After seeing all that, we've decided to drop TB and just keep waiting for Bluffs and Highland. My wife really loves the IP homes sitting on a little hill. The Meadows homes are really low in comparison. Some real estate agent mentioned that there will be 700+ future homes in Portola Springs, 500+ of which are IP homes, which she likes. I'm not sure if the other 200+ are CalPac homes or if they're not part of the 700+ future homes since CalPac already made their announcements.

CalBears96 said:
I got a call from The Oaks sale consultant last Saturday. We talked a bit about their priority list criteria. Obviously, cash buyers get highest priority, but if they were investors, then they get pushed down in the priority list. Also, buyers with no agent also get a bump up in the priority list. Since I get a loan and also have an agent, I get pushed down. But she did say those that are ready to buy right away do get consideration. And she also mentioned that since the interest in the homes is quite high, it's possible that all the communities would be sold out before the models are even ready.

So we decided to do gather as much information as we could to see if we could pull the trigger without seeing the models. My wife went to look at all the YT videos of real estate agents talking about TB homes just to get an idea of what TB homes look like, since we now only have floor plans to go on. And we also decided to take a look at the area surrounding The Meadows. I must say that we were quite disappointing in seeing The Meadows being in the middle of a commercial area. And we drove up to Baker Ranch to check out similar homes, since The Oaks will have motor courts. After seeing what they look like in Baker Ranch, I would have to say that I don't like it at all. The plan that we want to go with will be sitting on the inside, but it looks like it's pretty difficult to pull out from the driveway.

After seeing all that, we've decided to drop TB and just keep waiting for Bluffs and Highland. My wife really loves the IP homes sitting on a little hill. The Meadows homes are really low in comparison. Some real estate agent mentioned that there will be 700+ future homes in Portola Springs, 500+ of which are IP homes, which she likes. I'm not sure if the other 200+ are CalPac homes or if they're not part of the 700+ future homes since CalPac already made their announcements.

All very fair points.  At the moment there isn't much to the area that the Meadows is located, but very soon..Great Park will be built out and will be an area where parents are taking their kids on a routine basis.  A lot of sporting events already funnel towards Great Park, so the location will be beneficial within a few short years. 

The motor courts are kinda weird, kinda have a townhouse vibe, but the amenities are going to be stellar so there's a lot of pros and cons to the area. 

CalBears96 said:

Yeah, the lots aren't great for Willows & Oaks in the Meadows. It's backing Bake Pkway as well. And with motorcourts existing, it doesn't get the SFH vibe.

callmehere said:
All very fair points.  At the moment there isn't much to the area that the Meadows is located, but very soon..Great Park will be built out and will be an area where parents are taking their kids on a routine basis.  A lot of sporting events already funnel towards Great Park, so the location will be beneficial within a few short years. 

The motor courts are kinda weird, kinda have a townhouse vibe, but the amenities are going to be stellar so there's a lot of pros and cons to the area.

What I meant is that we prefer our neighborhood to be in a residential area. Basically, The Meadows is surrounded by commercial buildings on all four sides. There's even a hotel next to it, which my wife dislikes.

Amenities are nice, but it's not very important to us to be extremely close to shops. Our kid is going off to college next year, so Great Park isn't really very beneficial to us either. What we prefer is a nice and quiet neighborhood, relaxing to drive through on our way home.

Back