The Meadows, Lake Forest by Toll Brothers

USCTrojanCPA said:
callmehere said:
Looks like the price increase is due to options already built into the cost of the home.  They are including $15k in electrical upgrades, $45k in home options and another $40k in other upgrades.  Looks like they are requiring the purchase of a fireplace and fridge...which is over $24k for both options already

Where are you seeing this pricing?
looks like they removed the pricing. seems like they are planning to release soon though. the site maps for each community show 10 lots for willows/oaks that will be up for sale.

sleepy5136 said:
Don't forget that depending on the amount of upgrades you add to the home, you're paying more in property taxes. So if base price is 1.2m and you add 160k of upgrades, that means you're paying $1760 extra in property taxes. Granted it's a one time premium.

I'm assuming you mean that would be yearly, that 1760 not just one time unless im missing something.

justcurious said:
Pricing is out on the website. Phase 1 is sold out in the larger communities like Evergreens, Magnolias and Redwoods.
Did anyone here actually get an invite to place a deposit on any of the homes? I did the pre-pre-qualification worksheet several days ago for the willows but have yet to hear back since then.

Nope, I did my prequal a couple weeks back. I got an email follow up to my prequal but nothing else. We've been trying to schedule an appointment to talk and get more information.

justcurious said:
Pricing is out on the website. Phase 1 is sold out in the larger communities like Evergreens, Magnolias and Redwoods.

Typically in the past, when a new community release, phase 1 is a sure money maker. The builder reserved these slots to friends and family even before the model get built. You will see that these will often be sold 2 years after and booked their gains. Insider benefits.

TB is being pretty shady about phase 1 pricing. The pricing isn't officially out to the public. I don't know if builders generally do this for the first phase.

WTF, my dad who is a cash buyer filled out the online app Friday and got nothing back yet.  I have called and emailed them today and yesterday and nothing but dead air.  I feel like driving over to their temp sales office.

Problem is...they have over 2000 applicants lined up already.  If your dad just filled out the application on Friday, he might not be next in line.  The signings started on Saturday I believe, I hope the interest remains high, would love to see the first phases appreciate before they are even built. 

callmehere said:
Problem is...they have over 2000 applicants lined up already.  If your dad just filled out the application on Friday, he might not be next in line.  The signings started on Saturday I believe, I hope the interest remains high, would love to see the first phases appreciate before they are even built.

And this is >2000 applications just for a single community alone (not including all 6).  I would venture a guess that the total # of applications exceeds >10,000.  The secret is out  ;).

Plus a lot of buyers getting frustrated losing bidding wars and thinking maybe new construction is more realistic

I'm not sure about the other communities, but Willows and Oaks doesn't really seem worth it. They are all backing Bake Pkway. But I guess in this market, no one cares anymore. They simply want a home. FOMO at its finest.

callmehere said:

We shall see.  I know that Toll Bros likes cash buyers from my previous dealings with them so we'll see how it plays out.

anyone has the roughly lot size of the meadows? for example, everygreens parkland?
i couldnt find any info here on their website.

Quasi backyard. If you get anything more than 10 feet, it will deem as wasted space and wasted water for plants. No need for plants or trees in the backyard, just shut the shutters and you good. ha ha

Well it's been forever since I logged into TI (looks like last post was 2018) but it's time again for another move due to life situation so here I am on another thread.

We previously lived in Pavilion Park and owned another property in Beacon, then we eventually moved over to Orchard Hill for a bigger home. Unfortunately we need a bit more space and decided to go private for the kiddos, so here we are again.

Wife and I declined a phase 1 lot in Meadows but we'll likely put down the $ for another lot soon in phase 2.

As others have said, the wait list is insane and TB has increased pricing as more upgrades are baked in (and I'm sure there are premiums due to demand and current pricing as well). They want to avoid investors flipping these homes with bare minimum - lacking built in fridge etc and looking very ghetto etc. (When you see these listings they stand out quite a bit).

I am personally not wild about the location of the neighborhood though it's convenient enough. It'll be a semi downgrade imo in terms of lot and spacing. We have one of the more premium lots in Orchard Hill - corner lot, in a cul de sac with only 8 homes so traffic is very light and there are nice views/wind given high elevation.

The Meadows will definitely be lower elevation vs BR etc and I do worry years down the line it'll be even hotter given geography and climate change. I'm not too wild about the Home Depot plaza nearby but at least it's convenient to all those shopping area in Foothill Ranch. You can basically walk to Target (though I'm not sure if you'll want to).

The community amenities seem nice enough and everything will be densely packed just like Irvine lol... It's interesting that TB mentions more than 500 homes on the website (plan seems to be 600 something) and I wouldn't be surprised if they just end up building more with the unused lot "assigned" to the mythical elementary school.

For Evergreen, the biggest lots are 7,800 SQ ft and there are only two of them. We're currently in a 5,300 SQ ft corner lot in Orchard Hills with basically only two neighbors "downgrading" to a smaller lot surrounded by more homes, but we're obviously getting more house SQ ft as well.

We're hoping built quality will be decent as some of the non-Baker Ranch TB development in Lake Forest seems pretty so-so vs TB in Irvine but maybe it's just because a lot of these buyers went cheap on the options and never bother to upgrade after taking delivery. (Parkside felt like this).

Attached is the lot size for Evergreen. From what I gleamed most of the corner lot will probably be plan 1 Beechwood - given how that particular floor plan (entrance at corner of home) and elevation work. But I wouldn't be surprised if they put some of the bigger floor plans in the bigger corner lots as well.

Attachments

• mmexport1632460316197~3.jpg
    mmexport1632460316197~3.jpg
    698.1 KB · Views: 242
Back