The Meadows, Lake Forest by Toll Brothers

It would be a convenient location for the many families in Baker Ranch, Serrano Summit, and The Meadows. Last I heard SVUSD was still evaluating enrollment numbers to determine whether or not to proceed with the new school. Does anyone have an update from a reliable source?
Not only convenient but a walking distance K-8 school for Baker Ranch and The Meadows would be huge for home values.

Too much of the district’s current school infrastructure is tied up in other aging areas like Laguna Hills and Mission Viejo. It would require one school to close in exchange for a new school to open, which would upset areas that currently have a school. At this time, the district is more concerned about increasing its $88,000,0000 reserve than improving learning options to include local schools and smaller class sizes.
+1 for Trader Joe’s

I drove by this development the other night and I swear it looked like they were *Installing* new above ground power poles and lines on Bake right next to the new houses that back up to Bake. At first I thought they were just working on the lines but there were like 3 crews there and the poles looked new and different (not in a nice way). I couldn’t recall though if there were power lines there on Bake before. Anyone know?

I drove by this development the other night and I swear it looked like they were *Installing* new above ground power poles and lines on Bake right next to the new houses that back up to Bake. At first I thought they were just working on the lines but there were like 3 crews there and the poles looked new and different (not in a nice way). I couldn’t recall though if there were power lines there on Bake before. Anyone know?

The power lines have been there for awhile. The photo with the nursery in it is from 2011. It looks like they are replacing the wooden poles with steel. The old wooden poles definitely blended in better.

2011.png2022.png

Oh wow, I guess I never noticed it before. Suppose if they’re replacing them, they have no plans to go below ground anytime soon. Not nice that those new homeowners have to stare at power lines right out their back yard.

Oh wow, I guess I never noticed it before. Suppose if they’re replacing them, they have no plans to go below ground anytime soon. Not nice that those new homeowners have to stare at power lines right out their back yard.
30 pros and cons. So it is not that bad..some notable pros: more privacy, minimum power supply cuts, quick electricity repairs, and perfect hunting grounds??

I saw some sizable price drops in this community only to find out they’re mostly for the three story floorplans with the kitchen on the second floor. Wonder if their market research shows interest in these types of floorplans or did they build them for other reasons.

The power lines have been there for awhile. The photo with the nursery in it is from 2011. It looks like they are replacing the wooden poles with steel. The old wooden poles definitely blended in better.

View attachment 8875View attachment 8876
They recently took down these wood towers along this section of Bake Parkway & buried/rerouted the power lines. They're gone starting at the metal towers at Bake and Lopala and show up again at the metal towers next to the gas station at Bake and Rancho Parkway.

I saw some sizable price drops in this community only to find out they’re mostly for the three story floorplans with the kitchen on the second floor. Wonder if their market research shows interest in these types of floorplans or did they build them for other reasons.

3 story homes are somewhat common in places like San Francisco. But around here your money is better spent on something else.

I used to own 3 story condo in Irvine. As a rental property you'll have a smaller pool of potential tenants.

Seems like TB gives $75k incentives for certain The Meadows homes. The email I got shows only The Redwoods, but that could be because I chose The Redwoods as my #1 choice back when we were looking at The Meadows.

so if they do go ahead with a new school, how would that be funded? If it requires a vote for MR, I am pretty darn sure it will be voted down. People in LF are in LF for a reason, keep the MR in Irvine.

Seems like TB gives $75k incentives for certain The Meadows homes. The email I got shows only The Redwoods, but that could be because I chose The Redwoods as my #1 choice back when we were looking at The Meadows.
It's been $75K incentives (design credit or basically straight off the price) for all homes at The Meadows (Redwoods, Magnolia, Oaks, etc.) for a little while now. In addition to the $75K, their agent commission was up to $55k at one point. Hence they have been able to sell quite a few homes in the last few months. Their Willows community has about 14 homes left if you don't count the models.

It's been $75K incentives (design credit or basically straight off the price) for all homes at The Meadows (Redwoods, Magnolia, Oaks, etc.) for a little while now. In addition to the $75K, their agent commission was up to $55k at one point. Hence they have been able to sell quite a few homes in the last few months. Their Willows community has about 14 homes left if you don't count the models.
I wouldn't want to live in Willows/Oaks. Not to mention one side is facing Bake. So many of them were purchased by investors and are trying to be rented out. The community will have a weird vibe of half tenants and half owners...

I wouldn't want to live in Willows/Oaks. Not to mention one side is facing Bake. So many of them were purchased by investors and are trying to be rented out. The community will have a weird vibe of half tenants and half owners...
Sort of like Altair. I feel like half the community is rentals

Back