The Meadows, Lake Forest by Toll Brothers

Who did I piss off?

LL, a known ignorant troll? Or some new member who was too sensitive for my PERSONAL observation about The Meadows and started calling me a troll? Who never showed up again? So probably another troll? Or moretroll?

So, basically, I haven't pissed off any real member on this forum. Left and right on this forum, my ass.

As for CFD, it's not whether I speak for everyone or not. It's about understanding what it actually means. You see, when FivePoint planned the new communities in GP, they already planned out all the facilities to be built in this area. So they decided to built some stupid parks. But they also built Portola High School, along with fire stations and police stations. So they took out a mortgage to build those things. Now, anyone who buys at GP is going to pay for it. This is spelled out. If someone is going to buy a GP property and doesn't understand this, it's on them. DON'T expect FivePoint to build anything else not on their plans just because you are now a GP homeowner. If you don't like the facilities being build there, DON'T buy at GP. It's really simple as that.

I bought at PS knowing this, but I still decided it was worth it. So no, I didn't get sensitive about the tax being paid. I've understood what Mello-Roos is. I've paid a crap load of it for my Lake Elsinore and Eastvale homes. The MR paid at my Lake Elsinore home is even more useless than GP, trust me. At least, GP residents can send their kids to a good high school.
haha, i gotta say, something about being labeled a troll really set you off. I "disappeared" because I really don't see any gain from going back and forth with anyone on this forum, especially when they start going off on profanity laden tirades about blah blah blah. You say people are sensitive, yet you can't control your temper when people remark how a lot of your comments are only meant to elevate the position of your nose. So funny...

Here's something to consider just to end any conversation between us...the owners of any Meadows home right now were 1st phase buyers. You do know how they became first phase buyers right? If you know, you know... I'd say most are not even buying as a primary home...get the hint? Nothing to be "sensitive" about on my end, can't say you exhibit the same mental state. So weird that you moved from Eastvale to Portola Springs and you feel like you own the place...SMH

Last edited:
haha, i gotta say, something about being labeled a troll really set you off. I "disappeared" because I really don't see any gain from going back and forth with anyone on this forum, especially when they start going off on profanity laden tirades about blah blah blah. You say people are sensitive, yet you can't control your temper when people remark how a lot of your comments are only meant to elevate the position of your nose. So funny...

Here's something to consider just to end any conversation between us...the owners of any Meadows home right now were 1st phase buyers. You do know how they became first phase buyers right? If you know, you know... I'd say most are not even buying as a primary home...get the hint? Nothing to be "sensitive" about on my end, can't say you exhibit the same mental state. So weird that you moved from Eastvale to Portola Springs and you feel like you own the place...SMH
So basically you came here to troll. Got it. Thanks.

Not only are they most not primary residence buyers but most are cash buyers if that tells you anything.

So any opinion different from your own becomes invalidated and therefore is no longer “real”… Got it. Thanks.

You might want to check out:
Are you a troll or are you not aware of what moretroll and Liar are all about? Just ask anyone on this forum on how valid their "opinions" are. Both are using misinformation and disinformation for their "opinions".

And for your information, callmehere called me a troll because he didn't like my sole observation about The Meadows, which is that it's lower than the surrounding. And then you came in here posting a bunch of shit about me being emotional standpoint instead of being objective, like you didn't even read my post, claiming EXCESSIVE POSTS berating The Meadows, even though I only made ONE observation.

So again, I wonder, are you a troll?

Last edited:
Without a doubt, the new developments in Great Park & Baker Ranch / LF will attract small and big businesses alike. The Irvine Company seems vested in building out this region; it's just a matter of time. Trader Joe's would be wise to open a location here 🤭 (it'll probably happen in the next 5 years or so).

Reference: https://www.cityofirvine.org/great-park/planning-future-development#:~:text=Great Park spans approximately 1,300,metropolitan parks around the world
Just a heads up, TIC isn't involved in the development of The Great Park Neighborhoods. I still think a TJ's needs to be put down closer to BR though.

Wow, you’re right. Forgot all those exist. And yet, IIRC, no new groceries have opened on that side of town since BR opened. It’s too bad bc that Ralph’s is pretty much unshoppable (personal opinion).
The Ralph's in Foothill Ranch is pretty bad. I guess it's fine for getting some veggies and lunchmeat but their meat selection is awful, no good cheese, often sold out of random things etc.

I prefer to go further down Lake Forest to the other...Ralphs. Really, the fact that Costco is so convenient just off Alton is what saves us. I think a small Whole Foods or even an Amazon Fresh store might be nice in FR.

Just a heads up, TIC isn't involved in the development of The Great Park Neighborhoods. I still think a TJ's needs to be put down closer to BR though.
Thank you for the clarification.

The story of Irvine’s development is intriguing; it’s one of the few cities that have its own well-to-do real estate company. That comes with its upsides as well as its downsides. Much of the city reflects their ethos and design language already. I’d imagine it’ll be more of the same for their future developments.

Last edited:
That would be FivePoint, which is owned by Lennar.

Five Point is its own publicly listed company (a poor performing stock at that heh). Not owned by Lennar. Though they are heavily related as Five Point basically spin-off from Lennar and I'm sure Lennar still owns a large stake in the company. Five Point's current CEO was a previous C-suite at Lennar.

Anyways as someone who has/had property in GPN, Five Point has been talking about building commercial spaces for almost a decade now but still nada. Pretty lame imo.

We're moving in to Meadows later this week (Sagewood). Pretty funny that two other phase 1 ppl are already flipping but that's how it works I guess. I always thought it was strange that these specific units had master retreat options while other lots in phase 1 didnt have these. With the current market climate I'd be surprised if they can find buyers for these units.

Unfortunately these phase 1 buyers are not going to enjoy the gains that they think they can get. Market is declining, interest rates are ~6%+ for jumbos and climbing, competing against TB for unsold homes, landscaping not done, and capital gains tax. Their 1.7m is base pricing and with all the upgrades it can be 2m at most. Homes have no views really. TBH these homes are probably not more than 2m WITH landscape done. And if you don't upgrade the interior, good luck selling it. Teresina is already having difficulties selling with a better location and some homes are upgraded as well.

Yep. Looking at pictures for 131 Evergreen they did a lot via developer route. Waterfall countertop which Toll was asking 10-20K for, master retreat added another 50-70k as well (but you do get more square footage). Bathroom upgrades alone probably cost them another 30-50k in overpriced design studio cost. I'm pretty sure they opt for the nicer cabinet options too along with nicer backsplashes + countertop.

Conversely, 111 Evergreen is hilariously with very little upgrades. The standard cabinets are terrible but at least they went with bigger tiles downstairs? And frameless shower doors I guess.

The city of Lake Forest recently approved plans for an affordable senior housing unit called The Meadows Senior Affordable Apartments in this development. It is located in the corner where a school was originally planned to be a built. As of now, there are no plans to build any new schools in LF. For more information on this affordable housing development you can go to the city website http://www.lakeforestca.gov/en/departments/community-development/housing/affordable-housing

The city of Lake Forest recently approved plans for an affordable senior housing unit called The Meadows Senior Affordable Apartments in this development. It is located in the corner where a school was originally planned to be a built. As of now, there are no plans to build any new schools in LF. For more information on this affordable housing development you can go to the city website http://www.lakeforestca.gov/en/departments/community-development/housing/affordable-housing
My understanding is the same, except that the senior affordably housing is not where the school site is.

Per your link: "The project site is located on an approximately 2.6-acre lot in the Nakase Planned Community located on the southeast corner of the intersection of Rancho Parkway and Bake Parkway."

You can view the exact location of the senior affordable housing, along with the rest of the (tentative) tract map, here: https://www.lakeforestca.gov/sites/default/files/lake-forest/departments/Approved VTTM 18142.pdf

So The Meadows are starting to drop their prices now:

Willows home site 45 drops from $1,657,944 to $1,562,888 -> $95k drop

Redwoods home site 61 drops from $1,780,267 to $1,688,000 -> $92k drop

I know zero people care about schools here at The Meadows but I was talking to a bunch of LF people and they are all under the impression that a K-8 school will be built here to service this community. What will come first? A K-8 school or a Trader Joe's?

It would be a convenient location for the many families in Baker Ranch, Serrano Summit, and The Meadows. Last I heard SVUSD was still evaluating enrollment numbers to determine whether or not to proceed with the new school. Does anyone have an update from a reliable source?

Back