The Meadows, Lake Forest by Toll Brothers

School are always the responsibility of the school district. The question is always where does the money come from to build and operate it. Toll already provided the land. You would think all of incremental property tax dollars would suffice from all of the new builds in the are but I?m not familiar with how property taxes make their way to schools.

qwerty said:
School are always the responsibility of the school district. The question is always where does the money come from to build and operate it. Toll already provided the land. You would think all of incremental property tax dollars would suffice from all of the new builds in the are but I?m not familiar with how property taxes make their way to schools.

Thanks for your reply. Saw in LF city website, Baker Ranch builders did pay fees to SVUSD. I guess SVUSD used the money "somewhere else".

How much have the developers of the Baker Ranch project paid in fees to the Saddleback Valley Unified School District to support the additional elementary school students who will be attending Foothill Ranch Elementary School?
The Shea-Baker Ranch Development Agreement includes a School Mitigation Agreement between the District and the developer, requiring the developer to pay an impact fee to the school district totaling $8,540 per housing unit prior to pulling any building permits. The City does not collect or administer the use of these funds.

Areas collect fees in different ways. While newer IUSD schools appear to be funded by MR, SVUSD has chosen for the developers to pay one time fees based upon square footage and zoning. The benefit to the homeowners is not having decades of MR to budget, but this does require homeowners to hold the local school board accountable for allocating these funds to the local area. SVUSD is closing an elementary school in Mission Viejo, but there will be tremendous overcrowding at the elementary schools serving Baker Ranch.

In the end, the community members need to share their concerns if they want a school in this area.

ryan3398 said:
any guess on the starting price?

A lot more than it was slated to be a month ago.  I?m sure Toll Brothers are licking their chops with all the frothiness in the market right now.

I actually passed by this area over the weekend.

Just like Baker Ranch, this area strange with the mix of industrial, commercial and "to be built" space. It's nice that it's near that huge Lake Forest sports park and gym but it's just a location I wouldn't be too keen to buy in being right on Lake Forest.

And like Foothill Ranch, this area is so far from major freeways. There is quite a bit of retail and restaurants in the area but if you're not working remote or for a company that close to this place... that drive would bother me. You could take the toll road but that doesn't connect to the 5/405 that easily.

The fence banners says "Luxury" but I think that really only refers to the price.

irvinehomeowner said:
I actually passed by this area over the weekend.

Just like Baker Ranch, this area strange with the mix of industrial, commercial and "to be built" space. It's nice that it's near that huge Lake Forest sports park and gym but it's just a location I wouldn't be too keen to buy in being right on Lake Forest.

And like Foothill Ranch, this area is so far from major freeways. There is quite a bit of retail and restaurants in the area but if you're not working remote or for a company that close to this place... that drive would bother me. You could take the toll road but that doesn't connect to the 5/405 that easily.

The fence banners says "Luxury" but I think that really only refers to the price.

The Greak Parks and Altair aren't near the freeway at all either, arguably even more inconvenient to get to the freeway from Altair.  In off hours it takes me about 8 minutes to get to the 5/405 interchange from Baker Ranch if I take Alton.

Yes... but that's also why I didn't buy out in Portola Springs.

But GP is closer to the 5 than Meadows is.

In off hours it's faster to everything... but having traveled Bake/Lake Forest during busy hours... it's a lot longer than 8 minutes.

It's about 5-6 miles from the 405 to Baker Ranch on surface streets. 8 minutes to drive from freeway to doorstop isn't a big chore. Even at 10-15 minutes it's still 30ish MPH on average.

I'd consider it a tough sell if I had school aged kids. Overcrowding is inevitable and private school options are very limited. Also, there is a reason the property was formerly a very large nursery - it's located in a valley with limited wind impact so the heat there can be stifling. Great for plants, but.... The property used to have a few powered windmills just to keep airflow going in Summer, and keep the property warmer during Winter chills.

My .02c

I have heard multiple versions on Presale date & starting Price.  some agent said presale start on June and start from 900k,  105k, 120k, don't know where they get those information. 

ryan3398 said:
Some agent said presale start on June and start from 900k,  105k, 120k, don't know where they get those information.

105k and 120k are damn good prices. Is there a limit on how many a single party can buy?

ryan3398 said:
I have heard multiple versions on Presale date & starting Price.  some agent said presale start on June and start from 900k,  105k, 120k, don't know where they get those information. 

Those agents know nothing.  They don't even have the models under construction and add to that the cost of materials is rising.  Too many unknowns for pricing to come out now.

when do you think the prices will come out for these? the wife wants to wait for toll brother but I feel like it would be priced way higher than our budget and we waste a few month of looking time. If it really would be June I think I can wait but if its September/October its too much of a wait.

Which side is more likely do you guys think?

Kick53rv3 said:
when do you think the prices will come out for these? the wife wants to wait for toll brother but I feel like it would be priced way higher than our budget and we waste a few month of looking time. If it really would be June I think I can wait but if its September/October its too much of a wait.

I doubt that pricing will come out anytime soon or even by the end of the summer given that they won't start selling homes until around the end of the year.  I'd recommend keeping all options open.

Kick53rv3 said:

I live not too far from it and they just finished flattening out the dirt land. Construction hasn't even started yet on these properties so I'd be shocked if they will release pricing this early.

irvinehomeowner said:
Yes... but that's also why I didn't buy out in Portola Springs.

But GP is closer to the 5 than Meadows is.

In off hours it's faster to everything... but having traveled Bake/Lake Forest during busy hours... it's a lot longer than 8 minutes.

Another Baker Ranch resident here. I commute to Irvine (Jamboree/405 area) and it take me 20-25 minutes each direction. Really not an issue at all. Sometimes I'd actually prefer more time to myself in the car!

Kick53rv3 said:

I think it's way better to buy an existing Toll Brothers house in Baker Ranch.  Inventory is becoming more plentiful and you don't have to worry about all the extra crap like landscaping and upgrades.  Remember, Toll Brothers isn't Lennar, if you see a model you like, add 200k to the sticker price :D

ThirtySomethingWEquity said:
Kick53rv3 said:

I think it's way better to buy an existing Toll Brothers house in Baker Ranch.  Inventory is becoming more plentiful and you don't have to worry about all the extra crap like landscaping and upgrades.  Remember, Toll Brothers isn't Lennar, if you see a model you like, add 200k to the sticker price :D

Agree. The Meadows location is lower than what?s surrounding it. And that elementary school won?t be built. Only plus is new home smell.

I visited the other day and I must say: I personally like the area and found it to be comfortably close to Irvine and the GP amenities (~5-10 minute drive). 

Talk about benefitting from MR without paying for MR 😂

Here's the updated site plan that Toll just emailed out.  Doesn't look like the elementary school is part of the plan.

Attachments

• The Meadows Site Plan.jpg
    The Meadows Site Plan.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 367
Back