The Meadows, Lake Forest by Toll Brothers

School would be adjacent to Lassen and Bake if the District takes possession of the land. This is the difference between developer fees paid up front and MR. If the community wants a school, then they need to share their desires with the Board.

Are you referring to the SVUSD board?
I found a facebook page that oppose building more homes at Nakase site due to overcrowding but nobody talks about building another school.https://www.facebook.com/groups/notonakasetoll/

I wonder if BR residents are already doing something to get school built? Any idea?

Kangen.Irvine said:
School would be adjacent to Lassen and Bake if the District takes possession of the land. This is the difference between developer fees paid up front and MR. If the community wants a school, then they need to share their desires with the Board.

@IHO,

The Hazelnut property is close to all of the LF schools, including El Toro High. Nothing like a 3CG. Once you have one, you'll never look at anything less. Plenty of spare SF for solar! The home however backs to Trabuco and has terrific views of the Catholic Cemetary across the street......  :eek:  Probably close at $2m given the present frenzy. Hope that BBQ rig stays with the home!

Soylent Green Is People said:
@IHO,

The Hazelnut property is close to all of the LF schools, including El Toro High. Nothing like a 3CG. Once you have one, you'll never look at anything less. Plenty of spare SF for solar! The home however backs to Trabuco and has terrific views of the Catholic Cemetary across the street......  :eek:  Probably close at $2m given the present frenzy. Hope that BBQ rig stays with the home!

Yeah... I was referring more to the macro location. I wouldn't want to back a busy street (I'm not sure how busy Trabuco gets) and I know some people are ghost averse.

It also isn't very pretty from the front but the inside is upgraded quite nicely.

I guess I'm a sucker for the 3CWG.

Trabuco becomes Irvine Blvd at Bake Parkway and as we know traffic is very busy along that route. It appears Irvine Blvd eventually becomes 4th Street in Santa Ana terminating at Ross Street - if anyone wondered...

Forgot about 3CWG. Just saw a single story 4CWG house  on a half acre lot in a cul de sac, that is less than 10 year old. Talking about a unicorn among unicorns.

irvinehomeowner said:
@IHO,

Yeah... I was referring more to the macro location. I wouldn't want to back a busy street (I'm not sure how busy Trabuco gets) and I know some people are ghost averse.

It also isn't very pretty from the front but the inside is upgraded quite nicely.

akula1488 said:
Forgot about 3CWG. Just saw a single story 4CWG house  on a half acre lot in a cul de sac, that is less than 10 year old. Talking about a unicorn among unicorns.

irvinehomeowner said:
@IHO,

To tell more about this unicorn...

Wish the developer would have priced in a school for the area. Since Mello Roos is not in the area, the likelihood is low without passing a bond. The developer school fees will now be spent to support other educational needs in the area.

I am looking to upgrade my home, this forum has provided me valuable information while weighing my options (thank you all). I am getting priced out in Irvine but looks like Lake Forest prices are catching up as well.

Kanasai said:
I am looking to upgrade my home, this forum has provided me valuable information while weighing my options (thank you all). I am getting priced out in Irvine but looks like Lake Forest prices are catching up as well.

Go for the least expensive model of ?The Oaks? and try to get it in Phase 1, thank me later :)

aquabliss said:
Kanasai said:

Go for the least expensive model of ?The Oaks? and try to get it in Phase 1, thank me later :)

I?m actually thinking of doing just that. Although the thought of being a landlord always prevents me from buying real estate. Although I probably should just pull the trigger on something

Schools are a big concern here. Most of Lake Forest is ageing out of school eligible kids, but Baker Ranch, FR, and Portola Hills have new families, new kids, and limited school capacity in some cases.

Saddleback Unified should have built at least 1-2 new campuses to handle the new student inflow but decided to spend the developer fees in another manner. Too bad IMHO.

My .02c

Kanasai said:

I moved from Irvine to Lake Forest, I have a Terraces home in Baker Ranch.  We really love it, my wife was initially concerned about being 'far from things' but it turns out it's about 8-10 minutes down to the Spectrum or Costco. 

There's also the nearby shopping center in Foothill Ranch, not exactly a great fine dining destination but lots of good takeout and casual dining options for the family.

We really appreciate the nice pools and parks Baker Ranch has, and if The Meadows is Baker Ranch 2.0 (if not a as big) I think it'll be quite nice for a family.  The downside is the 'new house tax' of them nickle and diming for all the upgrades, but maybe it's not so bad if you think about things in a 10 year timeframe. 

If you're singular focus is % appreciation, I'm thinking a detached condo in Irvine is the best bet.  But if you factor in having more space and neighborhood, I think the Meadows or Baker ranch is a great option.

Back