The Landing Tustin Legacy (Brookfield Residential)

Yep all the homes this release are reserved since Thursday/Friday awaiting agreements within 7 days of selection, so they should become sold end of next week. Currently Brookfield's rate is around 5.625% as of last week. Bankrate shows 4.625-5.25%.

Has Brookfield offered anyone concessions for the current market drops after already signing contracts? Like lower purchase price, covering appraisal gaps, closing costs, buying down points, additional upgrades, etc? The next phase seems to still be increasing in price, but i wonder if people are starting to walk away. A Cira 1 became available shortly after being picked in the last phase.

Brookfield doesn't care for market price drop as they have 1500 potential non contingent buyer. In fact they are increasing price each phase. I jokingly asked one of sales rep, what will be the price for CIRA 3 in last phase. He replied 2.5 M - 3M easily (he was serious) as we have a lot of cash buyer who is ready to pay.
Each phase Cira 1 becomes available for some time , may be it is least favorite among Cira.

Haha yeah I figured as much. My guess is we'll start seeing some worried buyers showing up in a few months when their loans are near closing, rates have risen, and there might some more downward pricing going on. But like you said, many cash buyers out there, so might not yet be a big deal. Just looking at current comps, we are indeed looking at $2M for the 3000 SF mark and roughly $1.28M for the 2250 SF mark (without MRs of course, so CFDs adjusted is about $250k lower, so we can assume maybe $1.05-1.1M range with CFDs at The Landing). Well, I guess we'll see if we go from an aviation theme to an aquatic one later.

Does anyone know when the public will be allowed to go in there? If you drive in right now, it's like a border check in point. THe guard was not very helpful or kind either.

CIRA Phase 5 pricing has been out and it is not increased as much we were expecting. Looks like landing is slowing down as well.

irviniteeee said:
Does anyone know when the public will be allowed to go in there? If you drive in right now, it's like a border check in point. THe guard was not very helpful or kind either.

I was going to ask the same, are there no models?  People are buying these without seeing them?

chamki222 said:
CIRA Phase 5 pricing has been out and it is not increased as much we were expecting. Looks like landing is slowing down as well.

Same thing happened during the last housing bubble here with the Villages of Columbus.  Opened with sky high prices then halfway through they started panic slashing prices, up to 30% off.

USCTrojanCPA said:
qwerty said:
For 30% off I would buy a Cira plan 3. It was a good floor plan.

Without the 3 car garage?

I would not live there. Location is not ideal (too close to barranca) and no 3 car garage. I would buy it and rent it out. I think a lot of people would like that floor plan.

I don?t think I can ever do a 2 car garage again after having a 3 car garage.

qwerty said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
qwerty said:
For 30% off I would buy a Cira plan 3. It was a good floor plan.

Without the 3 car garage?

I would not live there. Location is not ideal (too close to barranca) and no 3 car garage. I would buy it and rent it out. I think a lot of people would like that floor plan.

I don?t think I can ever do a 2 car garage again after having a 3 car garage.

You would get used to it. We had 3CWG garage and driveway big enough to park 7 cars for more than 15 years. Let's see if I regret moving to a 2 car garage condo with no driveway. lol

#3CWG4Life

Although when we eventually downsize.. may need to give that up... can't all be ballers like USC with that nice single story 3CWGer.

irvinehomeowner said:
#3CWG4Life

Although when we eventually downsize.. may need to give that up... can't all be ballers like USC with that nice single story 3CWGer.

Well, we're at the downsize stage, so... :p

FYI I was the 38th call during yesterday?s sales release. Cira plans 3/3Y were gone by caller 9 and plan 2 homes were gone by caller 17. When they got to me there were a couple plan 1?s left. I signed up last September, BTW.

RealDadsOfSanDiego said:
FYI I was the 38th call during yesterday?s sales release. Cira plans 3/3Y were gone by caller 9 and plan 2 homes were gone by caller 17. When they got to me there were a couple plan 1?s left. I signed up last September, BTW.

One of my clients wanted a Plan 3 but they only had Plan 2s so he picked up one of those.

Back