The Investigation

Liar Loan said:
fortune11 said:
No one forced Giuliani to go on Hannity to generate the news cycle he did yesterday

Oh no?  You apparently don't know 10-dimensional chess when you see it.

Huh, does this even mean anything ? What do you want me to say

Maybe you are you trying  to be all clever and funny here -- but I am not that sophisticated - I don't package mortgage bonds for a living  :)

Eyephone

Yes, the story keeps changing. I still don't care. This is much ado about nothing. The Russian Collusion story has collapsed in upon itself, and the Left cannot find anything other than a 10 year old possible affair with a stripper who cannot abide by her NDA as a reason for impeachment? Good luck with that.

But... But.. CONVICTIONS.. and GUILTY PLEAS... for things that have zero to do with the election. It's all so much signal to noise ratios for me. At present no one can hear anything of substance because of all of the noise this stuff makes. I will grant the obvious - the Tang Menace needs to vet who he chums around with a bit more carefully. Impeachable offense yet? Not really.

I'm more concerned about a fractured immigration system, Green Beret's in Saudi Arabia (https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/03/us/politics/green-berets-saudi-yemen-border-houthi.html) A ginned up Syria operation, and the feds fiscal policy being driven over a cliff.

while again, some wish to flog the bishop over a decade old possible affair, and the hush money all people of means - male or female - pay all the time to keep this kind of stuff from blossoming out of control. zzzzzzzzzzz

Yes, it's time to move on past this present Cohen / Daniels and deal with real issues.

My .02c

Hypothetical:
If the ?Mueller Investgation? goes to grand jury - he will testify in front of 23 jurors with none of his lawyers in the room.

(Let?s go the grand jury route!)

For discussion purposes, why would this go to a Grand Jury?

This is a civil matter between two parties about an NDA - unless I'm missing something. There may be a question of how $130k got from Point A to Point B. As seen in earlier FEC action only minor fines relative to the amount of funds at question were ever charged to the defendant.

So it goes to a GJ - sure, beyond mere entertainment value, what's the end result? What is expected in the best case scenario for those interested in this? From all that's known and whispered about at present, that POTUS.... what?

Frankly speaking, I'm more amazed at anyone who is actually surprised that POTUS's do things that are unbecoming of a President.  Doesn't make it right. I'm not saying that. I'm saying only these things do not rise to the level of impeachment, and that there are significantly more important things to expend energy on than this.

My .02c

Im talking about the Mueller investigation.

Soylent Green Is People said:
For discussion purposes, why would this go to a Grand Jury?

This is a civil matter between two parties about an NDA - unless I'm missing something. There may be a question of how $130k got from Point A to Point B. As seen in earlier FEC action only minor fines relative to the amount of funds at question were ever charged to the defendant.

So it goes to a GJ - sure, beyond mere entertainment value, what's the end result? What is expected in the best case scenario for those interested in this? From all that's known and whispered about at present, that POTUS.... what?

Frankly speaking, I'm more amazed at anyone who is actually surprised that POTUS's do things that are unbecoming of a President.  Doesn't make it right. I'm not saying that. I'm saying only these things do not rise to the level of impeachment, and that there are significantly more important things to expend energy on than this.

My .02c

eyephone said:
Hypothetical:
If the ?Mueller Investgation? goes to grand jury - he will testify in front of 23 jurors with none of his lawyers in the room.

It's fun to dream, isn't it?

OK... but what is Muller investigating -

That Cohen is not a good lawyer? Is that impeachable? Not really.

That the Rabid Orangutan paid $130k as a "retainer" - is that impeachable? Still no.

That the POTUS has not associated with "the best people" - eh...still not impeachable.

I know some will say "Bill and Hill were pursued by a Special Counsel about Whitewater, but all they ended up with was a blue stained dress". True, but merely 1/2 of it. The Clintons ran out the clock on the Special Counsel, having all the notes and documents magically appear, complete with HRC's fingerprints, in the White House after all interest was lost. The Blue Dress was "contemporary" - within the years the SC was operating. This Daniels thing is a decade old.  Two very different situations when you also consider that Ken Starr's investigation was expanded by a 3 judge panel to include Lewinsky, while Muller is ricocheting in every direction without such controls in place.

The one commonality that may play out? Clinton pardoned one of the Whitewater Special Counsel convicts, as I suspect Trump will do as well once this is all over and done with.

So if this did go to a Grand Jury, for what cause or reason?

Liar Loan said:
eyephone said:
Hypothetical:

This is actually more realistic than you believing that Kanye West has magically  converted the black community into rabid trump supporters

fortune11 said:
Liar Loan said:
eyephone said:
Hypothetical:

This is actually more realistic than you believing that Kanye West has magically  converted the black community into rabid trump supporters

Kanye didn't convert the black community into rabid Trump supporters.  They already were.

trump-minority-collage-african-american.jpg

Liar Loan said:
fortune11 said:
Liar Loan said:
eyephone said:
Hypothetical:

Kanye didn't convert the black community into rabid Trump supporters.  They already were.

trump-minority-collage-african-american.jpg

?that?s one giant bond bubble you living in brothuh ... ?

? Stringer Bell , 2002

DGhdoJbVwAAvEZf

Donald Trump Retweeted a Reportedly Fake Twitter Account

On August 5, President Donald Trump was accused of communicating online with a bot, who he thanked via Twitter, linking to the now-suspended account of what some are calling a fake user.
As Heavy reported, the now-suspended account, @ProTrump45, was advertised as that of "Nicole Mincey," whose bio described her as a "black conservative" from New Jersey and an entrepeneur in charge of a pro-Trump merchandise store.

"Trump working hard for the American people...thanks," read the original tweet, which included an image of the president and a heart emoji, according to Newsweek.

Trump relied to say thank you, and Twitter users were quick to point out that the photo used for "Mincey's" profile picture actually was a stock photo taken of a model posing for Placeit, a company that specializes in customized apparel and technology.

The original account was reportedly created using the name of a New Jersey college student, who told Heavy that her identity had been stolen to support the creation of "Nicole Mincey."

The account was reportedly linked to a pro-Trump apparel website whose front page mainly features images of women of color wearing Trump-branded clothes. One image even shows a woman wearing a shirt that reads: "Deplorable lives matter."

Newsweek reported in May that at the time, nearly half of President Trump's 30 million Twitter followers were either fake accounts or bots.
https://www.teenvogue.com/story/donald-trump-retweeted-a-reportedly-fake-twitter-account

Loco_local said:
DGhdoJbVwAAvEZf

Donald Trump Retweeted a Reportedly Fake Twitter Account

On August 5, President Donald Trump was accused of communicating online with a bot, who he thanked via Twitter, linking to the now-suspended account of what some are calling a fake user.
As Heavy reported, the now-suspended account, @ProTrump45, was advertised as that of "Nicole Mincey," whose bio described her as a "black conservative" from New Jersey and an entrepeneur in charge of a pro-Trump merchandise store.

"Trump working hard for the American people...thanks," read the original tweet, which included an image of the president and a heart emoji, according to Newsweek.

Trump relied to say thank you, and Twitter users were quick to point out that the photo used for "Mincey's" profile picture actually was a stock photo taken of a model posing for Placeit, a company that specializes in customized apparel and technology.

The original account was reportedly created using the name of a New Jersey college student, who told Heavy that her identity had been stolen to support the creation of "Nicole Mincey."

The account was reportedly linked to a pro-Trump apparel website whose front page mainly features images of women of color wearing Trump-branded clothes. One image even shows a woman wearing a shirt that reads: "Deplorable lives matter."

Newsweek reported in May that at the time, nearly half of President Trump's 30 million Twitter followers were either fake accounts or bots.
https://www.teenvogue.com/story/donald-trump-retweeted-a-reportedly-fake-twitter-account

russia (bot) collusion confirmed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymd4cLDgAF8

the sequence of any trump event (and supporters)

1. totally false, didn't happen

2. ok, but we weren't aware of it

3. so we did know .  but it was a joke ?

4. ok maybe it happened - but it is not illegal

5.  ok maybe its a crime.  but cant you see I (president) is busy w china / north korea / iran .  time to " move on "

6.  .... gifs and videos (this only applies to TI posters, not the president)

some people go straight from 1 to 6    : )

russia (bot) collusion confirmed

The point wasn't that she was a Russian bot. She's real but many of the pro-Trump social media accounts are fake and just a way to scam money from True Believers. They must have learned something at Trump University.

fortune11 said:

One of the hallmarks of a bubble is that retail investors, like yourself, are true believers and don't believe a bubble exists.  The small number of contrarians that point out bubble conditions tend to get heavy criticism because they are predicting something that is unpopular, and they tend to get called names.

So your actions are actually great confirmation for what is going on.

Liar Loan said:
fortune11 said:

One of the hallmarks of a bubble is that retail investors, like yourself, are true believers and don't believe a bubble exists.  The small number of contrarians that point out bubble conditions tend to get heavy criticism because they are predicting something that is unpopular, and they tend to get called names.

One of the hallmarks of people who want to sound smart without actually knowing anything is to lean negative, especially in finance and fixed income.  As that's generally mistaken as a sign for sophistication.

Generally throwing a few sound bytes about expensive valuations and how there is nothing left to do in investing  has become the equivalent of " small talk " in finance -- like talking about the weather . 

Looks like you didn't get the reference to "Wire" ?  I was trying to cheer you up a bit :)

fortune11 said:
Liar Loan said:
fortune11 said:

One of the hallmarks of people who want to sound smart without actually knowing anything is to lean negative, especially in finance and fixed income.  As that's generally mistaken as a sign for sophistication.

Generally throwing a few sound bytes about expensive valuations and how there is nothing left to do in investing  has become the equivalent of " small talk " in finance -- like talking about the weather .

I haven't said there is nothing left to do in investing.  My returns these past 12 months have been insane.  But they didn't happen by investing in bonds.

Generally, I don't lean negative either.  I simply call it like I see it.  I received similar push back on the housing blogs when I told everybody in June 2009 to buy real estate and stocks like crazy.  Most people were extremely pessimistic back then, and just like now, I received lots of insults.

Liar Loan said:
fortune11 said:
Liar Loan said:
fortune11 said:

I haven't said there is nothing left to do in investing.  My returns these past 12 months have been insane.  But they didn't happen by investing in bonds.

Generally, I don't lean negative either.  I simply call it like I see it.  I received similar push back on the housing blogs when I told everybody in June 2009 to buy real estate and stocks like crazy.  Most people were extremely pessimistic back then, and just like now, I received lots of insults.

Ok so looks like your portfolio is definitely earning more than Starman

No one makes a killing in bonds (compared to equities) - since upside is limited -- "fixed " part of fixed income

So what would you invest in right now where there is not a bubble  - 100% stocks ?  Irvine Housing  ? Commercial real estate ? 

Back