The Investigation

OK, time to take bets on how long this impeachment takes to acquit and finish out...I say two weeks from the start on Tuesday.  Over/under should be around that.

morekaos said:
OK, time to take bets on how long this impeachment takes to acquit and finish out...I say two weeks from the start on Tuesday.  Over/under should be around that.

i'll put 10 trump bucks on the under!

eyephone said:
They want no witness. It?s not a trial.
Even the GAO says it?s illegal.
Letlevspeak lol

I'm not arguing the merits of his acquittal, just how long it will take....how much?

'Huge mistake': Senators in both parties rip impeachment press access

Sen. John Kennedy of Louisiana, known for his folksy style and colorful quotes, complained that the restrictions send the ?wrong message."

?It?s a huge mistake,? Kennedy said. ?U.S. senators are grown women and grown men. If they don?t want to make a comment, they know how to say ?no comment.? ... We aren?t children.?

?I don?t think you guys should ever be restricted,? said Sen. Mike Braun (R-Ind.). He added that while he has no issues talking to the press, the new rules are ?kind of a way to give some certainty to the individuals that maybe don?t want to interact.?
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/15/senators-press-restriction-impeachment-099378

My comment: It looks like there are a few Republican Senators defending press access. This is one of the biggest event in US history and the press access will be limited.
Right there it feels like a sham. How about no cameras allowed of the trial? How about no press coverage at all? This is not the America I know.

morekaos said:
eyephone said:
Letlevspeak lol

I'm not arguing the merits of his acquittal, just how long it will take....how much?

We all know it?s going to be rigged. Trump doesn?t want witnesses.
To give you perspective during the Andrew Jackson and Bill Clinton Impeachment trial there were witnesses.
(For those who don?t know they were previous US President)

morekaos said:
eyephone said:
Letlevspeak lol

Fake statement. How do we know if he did nothing wrong? When there will be no witnessessesss.

eyephone said:
morekaos said:
eyephone said:
Letlevspeak lol

Fake statement. How do we know if he did nothing wrong? When there will be no witnessessesss.

I totally support witnesses.  Witness reciprocity will be hilarious.  Dems will call current and past staff, Trump will invoke executive privilege.  Repubs will call Hunter Biden, Joe Biden and Adam Schiff and they will have to testify or take the fifth....will be fun watching then squirm but in the end they will vote no..end of story...#winning!!!

morekaos said:
eyephone said:
morekaos said:
eyephone said:
Letlevspeak lol

I totally support witnesses.  Witness reciprocity will be hilarious.  Dems will call current and past staff, Trump will invoke executive privilege.  Repubs will call Hunter Biden, Joe Biden and Adam Schiff and they will have to testify or take the fifth....will be fun watching then squirm but in the end they will vote no..end of story...#winning!!!

Fake trial with barely press access. Sounds about right. The Trump administration recently mentioned they do not want witnesses.

I don't care...the end results will be the same.  The markets see the truth,  this whole thing was a waste of time and will only push Trump into a second term...done deal.

morekaos said:
I don't care...the end results will be the same.  The markets see the truth,  this whole thing was a waste of time and will only push Trump into a second term...done deal.

Exactly. Fake American response.
People predict that there will be GOP Senators votes out of office because of the potential fake trial.

eyephone said:
morekaos said:

People predict that there will be GOP Senators votes out of office.

I'll take that bet...after this farce I think the Repubs might pick up seats in the Senate...they will definitly pick some up in the House.

morekaos said:
eyephone said:
morekaos said:

People predict that there will be GOP Senators votes out of office.

I'll take that bet...after this farce I think the Repubs might pick up seats in the Senate...they will definitly pick some up in the House.

I?m not betting. The writing is on the wall.

America has gotten worse not great. You don?t even know what to believe. The administration sends mixed messages. I think you can?t even keep up such as trial witnesses or no witnesses. (Not blaming you)

Also with Iran, they keep on changing the story. (I just laughed when I heard Senators Paul and Lee when they came out of the briefing with the Whitehouse regarding Iran) I respect them more after their statement.

morekaos said:

this whole impeachment fiasco is putting trump center stage 24/7 wall-to-wall.  nobody even knows who's left running for the dems.  i think it's a bunch of old white people  ::) so diverse!

eyephone said:
morekaos said:
America has always been great...it is just getting Greater!!!

Great with a drug problem and gun problem?

They have always been there in one form or another. If its not fentanyl, its heroin or crack or coke or shrooms or barbiturates or ice or bath salts or ciggeretes or vapors or alcohol (which kills the most people) blah blah blah...we are an addictive, weak species, there is no fixing that.

Back