The graves in Irvine

This string has established that there are aboriginal native graves all over Irvine, some sites preserved and very near high density homes. The Jaunenos still live in OC, so these are not long forgotten graves, they are a revered part of our current OC community. (And all the remains are covered by NAGPRA.)   

Thanks to irvinehomeshopper, we have a map.    ;)

And we have established that none of you are willing or able to face the hard fact that you are living in a big cemetery.  That?s your cultural issue, we citizens don?t care.

You have all gone dark. Like you did when the mayor called for a meeting and nobody went. You don?t want to lose face, so you avoid and deflect. (burgers, minimum wage, etc., are exactly perfect examples, thank you all for your contributions.) Except that we know this strategy for exactly what it is. You are afraid.    :-\

So ??. perhaps we?ve been told lies about feng shei? We?ve been told, and have read, that feng shei says don?t live within five miles of a cemetery (there are two in Lake Forest, less than five miles away). Will you now knowingly live in and on a graveyard?

Is feng shei a use it when needed, ignore it when inconvenient  practice? Put up a few mirrors and all is OK? Why do you bring Taoist fears here and expect that the citizens respect it, if you new arrivals don?t?

Now that you know, do you lie to yourselves by rationalizing your home purchase?Denial is a burden you must bear. It is all about your money, after all jmoney.. Sell out your faith for a profit? You say you ?bought rights? when you paid cash for your residence, you got thousands of burials as part of the deal.

Now that you know, do you realtors and developers ?fess up and tell the buyers, or not? If not you lie by omitting the scary truth. You conceal critical information from your trusting customers who may not understand documents in English. Actually, you?ll be breaking the law regarding disclosure.

Yaliu, Rakefire, Chen, Ding, et al, it sure looks like your faux feng shei is plainly blatant hypocrisy to cover your newbie-NIMBYism.  You are naked.

8)

Five guys is ok, but not worth $7 for a burger.  For that price, places like the Counter offer much more options and variety.  Best taste is still Habit and In-n-out.

Where was that document for the Indian burial site, links no worky,..

In n out is always good, my fav, out of towners always scratch their head on the small patties and how we rave about the place

Counter is good too, but somewhat pricey after adding up all the stuff

jmoney74 said:
Anyone recommend any good burger spots?

Chinese dog meat festival !

At the Yaliu dog meat festival in southwest China, 10,000 dogs are butchered to provide meat ?  Participants in the festivities eat lychees and dog meat ? prepared in many different ways, including being barbecued, boiled or even stir-fried, and is paired with a local grain alcohol for good measure ?. turning the loyal, noble best friend of the human race into a stir fry ?    :p

Story fromhttp://www.ocregister.com/articles/meat-669122-dog-dogs.html

Our Gang said:
jmoney74 said:

At the Yaliu dog meat festival in southwest China, 10,000 dogs are butchered to provide meat ?  Participants in the festivities eat lychees and dog meat ? prepared in many different ways, including being barbecued, boiled or even stir-fried, and is paired with a local grain alcohol for good measure ?. turning the loyal, noble best friend of the human race into a stir fry ?    :p

why do you link every chinese story w/ me?

FYI, we already have a topic athttp://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,13200.0.html

Free burritos at Miguel's Jr.'s three Orange County locations until July 5

#threadderail #burgernonsequitur

Miguel?s Jr. is so confident in the quality of its burritos, it?s going to give them away so Orange County customers can compare them to the competition.

From June 29 to July 5, the Corona-based Mexican chain will give away free Famous Burritos to each customer who presents a receipt from any other fast food Mexican restaurant at its Orange, Costa Mesa and Tustin locations.

Miguel?s Jr., which has 11 Inland Empire locations and 3 locations in Orange County, is rolling out the promotion as part of its ?Eat Better? campaign of promoting ?real food? using ?traditional family recipes.?

Miguel?s Jr. was founded in 1975 as a spinoff of the Miguel?s casual restaurant in Corona. It touts its never-frozen ingredients and no-filler recipes from the founding Vasquez family as hallmarks of the brand.

?We?re not afraid of the competition--let?s see whose burrito is best,? said Steve Rezner, Miguel?s director of marketing. ?I like our chances.?
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/miguel-668928-locations-orange.html

yaliu07 said:
Our Gang said:
jmoney74 said:

July 22, 2014,  If I knew there will be any cemetery (including Veterans), I will NEVER purchase the house.  If you dont mind Veterans cemetery, I will gladly sell my house to you.

Our Gang said:
yaliu07 said:
Our Gang said:
jmoney74 said:

July 22, 2014,  If I knew there will be any cemetery (including Veterans), I will NEVER purchase the house.  If you dont mind Veterans cemetery, I will gladly sell my house to you.

??? what does this have to do with yulin festival?  why do you link yulin festival w/ me?

March 26, 2015  144 most likely will attract less buyer because of feng shu. it seems alot of people prefer cemetery because they dont LIVE in Irvine. alot of people wants to relocate cemetery because they are close by resident. my reasons to relocate the cemetery
1. feng shui
2. ghost
3. house resale value
4. gun shot salute

so far, no one gave us a reason why cemetery can NOT relocate to less residential area or less asian area.

You already live in a giant and ancient native American cemetery. You must relocate.

Is your home for sale? Are you moving? Perhaps to Alhambra? Arcadia? Poway?

July 28, 2014  We, Asian, are afraid of ghost and Irvine is 40~50% Asian.  Why can't the veteran cemetery in the Non-Asian community?

Denial now (a form of lying to self)?

Just read back in this string, yu don't need a worky link.

Going back over the thread, no concrete information on the site, if this was true, why did the city remove the link?
There's a pin on Google maps but anyone can post a picture of a pin on a map.
There are street names, but that's not convincing either, since OH may have similar names, LA has Italian street names, does it mean Italians were buried there?
Other thread mentions there were remains of many animals including humans, so that could mean they died of natural causes or some animals are humans and died there or they were spreading ashes or throwing bones, who knows...

July 31, 2014  .... If I want certain race in my backyard, I will buy home in Santa Ana.

May 31, 2015    there is a town hall meeting with Mayor Choi and Council Woman Lynn Schott ...  it is to discussion of relocating the veteran cemetery to another location.

June 02, 2015  any thoughts are welcome.  (except white folks thoughts, as it turned out) i use a lot of "i think" or "i dont think" because i am just a messenger (for who?)  i will look for the MexiCAN with a big/huge bat. someone just stopped by house and passed me a Chinese Flyer on town hall meeting

You folks could attend a Jauneno town hall meeting to learn about the history of this area. I suspect they are far less racist and exclusionary than the Irvine Chinese.

Our Gang said:
July 31, 2014  .... If I want certain race in my backyard, I will buy home in Santa Ana.

May 31, 2015    there is a town hall meeting with Mayor Choi and Council Woman Lynn Schott ...  it is to discussion of relocating the veteran cemetery to another location.

June 02, 2015  any thoughts are welcome.  (except white folks thoughts, as it turned out) i use a lot of "i think" or "i dont think" because i am just a messenger (for who?)  i will look for the MexiCAN with a big/huge bat. someone just stopped by house and passed me a Chinese Flyer on town hall meeting

You folks could attend a Jauneno town hall meeting to learn about the history of this area. I suspect they are far less racist and exclusionary than the Irvine Chinese.

Where will the vets be buriend in the landfills?

July 28, 2014  We, Asian, are afraid of ghost and Irvine is 40~50% Asian.  Why can't the veteran cemetery in the Non-Asian community?

July 28, 2014  We, Asian, dont like cemetery because we believe in ghost.  Why can't the cemetery build in a non-Asian community.  Top 5 names of homebuyers in Irvine in 2013 were Chen, Lee, Wang, Liu and Kim.  How more Asian do you still need? 

March 26, 2015  i am concern that less chinese  ? more "ghetto" people will move in

My previous statement was wrong.  After looking at the Town Hall event photo the racist Irvine Chinese excluded an African, a Mexican, a non-Chinese Asian, and a few whites. One senior lady was forcibly ejected from the meeting.

June 08, 2015  according to the organizer, there WILL be communication with veterans.  we did took pictures during the meeting and we have proof.    (Save those pictures they will soon be required as evidence.)

To communicate with veterans, hold your next town hall meeting at Cook?s Corner. Any weekend, just find a table and put up a sign ?Chinese want veteran cemetery moved from El Toro?.  You will soon have dialog with veterans. Please send out flyers.

LOL

Dude.. there aren't many Chinese peeps that go on TI who went to that "town Hall Meeting".. You keep spewing your case over here and maybe communicating to less than 5 people who were there.  I suggest you go on the chinese forums or something.  The Vets don't want to talk to the chinese homeowners here and visa versa.  Neither side will come to an understanding.  The vets will use the same cards they always use.. and the Chinese homeowners just don't want a cemetery anywhere near the neighborhood.  It's just that simple.. but yet you are still here..

We're more interested in burger talk here. 

Back