The Branches - New homes in Woodbridge (Alderwood) by William Lyon

ps99472 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Thanks for the link to the document Irvinitee!

And for those who don't want to comb through the PDF... here are some of the salient points:

Sitemap:

Here's the current setup:

got from this
http://www.irvinequickrecords.com/s...hbza0dn1bxp3r2qi/126536330204201207500579.PDF

good read, has a section on Irvine schools

Anyone know if Alderwood got thru the annexation process?  Or gonna be like Vista Verde?
Likely to be delayed due to William Lyon bankruptcy

Lyon's bankruptcy was a method not to pay back creditors. Lyon still has plenty of money under another entity to move this project forward. Try Lyon Communities, Lyon Homes, Lyon Investments and numerous other names.

older Plan 1 - 3br/2.5ba 2085sft: (thanks IHO, using your pics)
m9vgup.jpg

Updated Plan 1 3br/2.5ba 2209 sq ft
03c06482.jpg

older Plan 2 - 4br/2.75ba 2263sft
vy78k5.jpg

Updated Plan 2 4br/2.75ba 2394 sq ft
98e5ad1c.jpg

older Plan 3 - 5br/2.75ba 2396sft
34g9csy.jpg

Updated Plan 3 5br/2.75ba 2542 sq ft
7e66401a.jpg

Looks like William Lyon enlarged all three floorplans for the upcoming Alderwood.  I still prefer plan 3, probably go with 3 bedrooms with den and loft.  All three plans now have a dedicated "flat screen" wall in the Great Room.  I guess they listened to my complaint earlier in this thread.  How bout some cathedral/vaulted ceilings now? :)

With the plan 3 bumped up to 2500 sq ft, I would think the price would be in the low $900s.  Maricopa plan 2 is around high $880s but has MR, Alderwood would not have MR and also the $82 woodbridge HOA.  Can't wait to get me a slice of the plume.

Again, so refreshing to see interesting floor plans; TIC really needs to stop recycling and come up with something different than their stale layouts.

All 3 plans offer something interesting and unique, and I'll definitely be a lookey-loo and check these out.

The other difference is they added a downstairs den to Plan 1.

Too bad they eliminated the double master closets in Plan 2... but they did enlarge the counter space in the laundry.

Did they change the plans for Vista Verde in University Park too?

ps9 said:
Looks like William Lyon enlarged all three floorplans for the upcoming Alderwood.  I still prefer plan 3, probably go with 3 bedrooms with den and loft.  All three plans now have a dedicated "flat screen" wall in the Great Room.  I guess they listened to my complaint earlier in this thread.  How bout some cathedral/vaulted ceilings now? :)

With the plan 3 bumped up to 2500 sq ft, I would think the price would be in the low $900s.  Maricopa plan 2 is around high $880s but has MR, Alderwood would not have MR and also the $82 woodbridge HOA.  Can't wait to get me a slice of the plume.

I guess I can only afford Plan 1.  :mad:
Where do I sign?

Irvine_Dreamer said:
ps9 said:

I guess I can only afford Plan 1.  :mad:
Where do I sign?
On a positive note, there shouldn't be any Mello Roos.....BUT....my guess that WL will try to maximize the price they can charge because of that fact.

Dibs on a corner lot!

Actually... I don't like North Lake as much as South Lake (and no... not because of the plume). North Lake is older than South Lake and I find the South Lake area more walkable.

But... North Lake is farther away from the 405 for those who don't care about plumes but are worried about traffic smog.

The University Park Vista Verde homes look interesting to me too... but no flakes over there... I guess the pro is it's zoned to Uni... but I think for my kids' sanity... I prefer Woodbridge High.

I would prefer Alderwood over Vista Verde as well... but in the end I would pick whichever can get me the biggest lot...  I wonder if William Lyon would sell both projects at the same time.. saves money since they are the same floorplans but they would also compete with themselves since there would not be any similar projects  being developed in inner, central Irvine. 

So would this be a IHO + ps9 + Homer view lot? :)

Not really competing against themselves, as both are relatively small projects (AW + VV have similar number of homes as Maricopa).

The buyers have to choose
TCE poisoning and high voltage lines in AW vs. 405 freeway pollution in VV

Lake amenities in AW vs. University HS. in VV

Larger lot in AW vs. smaller lot in VV (??)

At the end I think VV will win out because the difference between University and Woodbridge is about $150k in equity, err I mean house price.

ps9 said:
I would prefer Alderwood over Vista Verde as well... but in the end I would pick whichever can get me the biggest lot...  I wonder if William Lyon would sell both projects at the same time.. saves money since they are the same floorplans but they would also compete with themselves since there would not be any similar projects  being developed in inner, central Irvine. 

So would this be a IHO + ps9 + Homer view lot? :)

from the low $900s for a 2,200 sq ft house. seems kind of steep. i dont track woodbridge so not familiar with the pricing there so not sure if these are fair prices or not, but it does have a driveway and what appear to be decent lots.  there is no mello roos but they sure increased the price to account for the lack of mello roos.

Back