The Branches - New homes in Woodbridge (Alderwood) by William Lyon

test said:
irvinehomeowner said:
"all of Woodbridge"

Larry Agran:  "The contamination is under the entire central part of Irvine"
http://www.eltoronow.com/MP3/El Toro Contamination Presentation Audio,1108.mp3
You're using audio evidence? Show me a map that proves it. Last one I saw doesn't show "ALL OF WOODBRIDGE" like you claim.

And I notice you still haven't addressed the disclosures you have to sign at Villages of Columbus regarding land toxicity. If they did "clean up their land BEFOREHAND"... why all the paperwork? Just trying to protect potential buyers from danger?

irvinehomeowner, you think they're going to show the public a map of the real contamination?  Really?  And I don't what this has anything to do with VoC or why you keep bringing it up.  Like jumpcut you have no argument so you try to divert attention by going off topic, typical of liberals.

test said:
irvinehomeowner, you think they're going to show the public a map of the real contamination?  Really?  And I don't what this has anything to do with VoC or why you keep bringing it up.  Like jumpcut you have no argument so you try to divert attention by going off topic, typical of liberals.
1. "Entire central part of Irvine" does not equal "all of Woodbridge". The plume that you and other detractors refer to is also under parts of Deerfield and Westpark... but not ALL of Woodbridge. In addition, there is a remediation plan in place from what I remember that is supposedly extracting those cooties you fear.

2. You say the toxicity is a bad thing, in order to help educate and warn people... so because you are a big backer of VOC properties, it's only fair to mention that there are disclosures you have to sign in order to buy there due to the proximity to the former Air Force Base... and possible toxicity.

And let me remind you that the homes in central Irvine were not built ON marine base land... so the requirement to "clean up beforehand" did not exist at the time. The plume has migrated over time... after the homes were built. And there are also reports that also say that the levels of whatever it is your afraid of are safe.

I find it funny that you are labeling me a liberal... regardless of if I am or not... what does that have to do with anything?

EDIT: I had to remember to quote test... he/she had a tendency to delete posts.

irvinehomeowner said:
I find it funny that you are labeling me a liberal... regardless of if I am or not... what does that have to do with anything?

So you are not denying it.  Most realtards are.

LAtoOC said:
Seriously test and irvinehomeowner, take your battle to a separate thread.

lets take it to the basketball court. Free throw shooting contest.  Ill give the winner $20, but they have to promise to drop the topic. We are all going to die of cancer from some something (smog, microwaves, etc).

qwerty said:
LAtoOC said:
Seriously test and irvinehomeowner, take your battle to a separate thread.

lets take it to the basketball court. Free throw shooting contest.  Ill give the winner $20, but they have to promise to drop the topic. We are all going to die of cancer from some something (smog, microwaves, etc).
I'm pretty sure test can't handle my inside or outside game... my old age and bad knees have taught me the virtues of a reliable 3-point shot.

Apologies to LAtoOC (although it seems test has taken your advice in the wrong way and is "toxicating" the Laguna Altura thread).

Thanks for the update, pretty much forgot about this small development.  So maybe early 2012?  Should sell fast given it's location.  Wonder if there would be any mello roos? 

i only wish the houses were bigger.  nothing close to the 3000 sq ft houses in woodbury

I find it interesting in the revised plan that they cut off the access to the park and instead made them walk around through the entrance (at least they moved the entrance closer to the park).

I don't think there will be any MRs but I'm wondering what these will benchmark at.

So how bad is this TCE plume thing? Can residents of North Lake do an Erin Brokavich on the US Marines?

Will the new Alderwood homes have disclosures you have to sign ala Villages of Columbus regarding planting edible plants/trees?

Vista Verde is actually in University Park off of Michelson east of Yale where the old Vista Verde Elem was, there's a thread on it here:
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php?topic=1288

They both have the exact same models and are going through the whole HOA/City of Irvine approval process. One of the hurdles is they want to be added to the current HOAs nearby but there is probably some resistance so they may need to create their own HOA.

Found some discussions about Alderwood here (mostly woodbridge residents complaining about the proposal)
http://www.cityofirvine.org/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=17865

Also I was studying the floorplans again.. and I think plan 3 is a winner..  bed/den downstairs, kitchen can see into semi-formal dining and great room, loft and laundry upstairs.  iPac please build something like this...and not use up 3000 sq ft. 

alderwoodplan3.jpg

Some updates on william lyons site
http://www.lyonvistaverde.com/Alderwood/the-alderwood-look.html

Back