The Branches - New homes in Woodbridge (Alderwood) by William Lyon

I like Plan 2's master bed/bath better... if only it had a loft option:

vy78k5.jpg

I actually like Vista Verde area Univesity Park more than woodbridge area. Anyone know what high school vista verde will feed into? Also does anyone care to speculate on pricing in the area?

fishfinder333 said:
I actually like Vista Verde area Univesity Park more than woodbridge area. Anyone know what high school vista verde will feed into? Also does anyone care to speculate on pricing in the area?
University Park usually feeds into University High.

irvinehomeowner said:
fishfinder333 said:
University Park usually feeds into University High.

Thanks for the info.

Going to UNI high is probably going to increase the price of the homes by 100k  :(

From their website, Vista verde will be low density while Alderwood will be medium density?  I prefer the central location of Woodbridge, so the major hurdle is getting added to HOA?  Why not forget about that and make it a no HOA in Irvine (gasp).  If no HOA and no mello Roos I would price the plan 3 at $875k for Alderwood, and $20k more for vista verde for the uni factor (why stress ur kids out?)

ps99472 said:
From their website, Vista verde will be low density while Alderwood will be medium density?  I prefer the central location of Woodbridge, so the major hurdle is getting added to HOA?  Why not forget about that and make it a no HOA in Irvine (gasp).  If no HOA and no mello Roos I would price the plan 3 at $875k for Alderwood, and $20k more for vista verde for the uni factor (why stress ur kids out?)
They should just have the standard $82 Woodbridge HOA and that's it.  I sure hope they don't add an extra HOA.

I think there is a sub-HOA for those homes next to Alderwood that Lyon is trying to add their project to.

Even if they don't join that HOA, I'm pretty sure they will have to form their own in order to do common area maintenance and that's probably required by the Woodbridge master association.

The good news is that probably won't run more than $100 and there should be ZERO mello roos.

irvinehomeowner said:
I think there is a sub-HOA for those homes next to Alderwood that Lyon is trying to add their project to.

Even if they don't join that HOA, I'm pretty sure they will have to form their own in order to do common area maintenance and that's probably required by the Woodbridge master association.

The good news is that probably won't run more than $100 and there should be ZERO mello roos.
SHOULD BE are the key words....let's see if they hold up.

USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:

SHOULD BE are the key words....let's see if they hold up.

Where would the MR go towards if there is one?  Woodbridge is 30 years built out, there's no plans I can see on the preliminary maps about parks, maintenance can be taken care of with a HOA, maybe they'll use the MR to buy more ducks for the lakes.

I think that there is very little chance of MRs for these infills.

StanPac had built two small neighborhoods in both Woodbridge and University Park in the 90s and they have no Mello Roos.

test said:
MR is created by a public vote not by opinions of the internet peanut gallery.
Correction, it is created by greed developers/builers who are trying to pass off as much cost as possible to perspective buyers.

test said:

Yeah, usually when there is only one owner in that particular district (landowner/builder)

Starlight East said:
shadax said:
test said:

Yeah, usually when there is only one owner in that particular district (landowner/builder)

So is that still considered a public vote when only one is eligible to vote?

Well they still had "elections" in the USSR during that era...there was just one person for each position on the ballot :)  they had to bribe people with free drinks to come vote.

If they did that here maybe Hank Williams, Jr. could really become president.

Back