The 2020 Presidential Election

if you're still not convinced this is a winning move for trump, read on!  thank you jake, very cool!

House Democrats appeared unified in their votes this week but I've spent the day talking to a bunch of them and many are extremely frustrated.  All agree POTUS's tweets needed to be condemned; they spoke under condition of anonymity so they could be candid. (Thread)

2/ "The president won this one," said House Dem 1 of the Trump v Squad (AOC, Tlaib, Omar & Pressley) showdown. "What the president has done is politically brilliant. Pelosi was trying to marginalize these folks and the president has now identified the entire party with them."

3/ Another issue: what are Dems focused on? Is it what will help the class of 2018 (largely more moderate than the Squad) get reelected?

Dem Rep 2: "The president's words and actions speak for themselves. We need to focus on the issues that got them here: jobs, health care..."

4/ "...instead of the issues the president brings up deliberately. Anything that takes away from bread and butter issues is playing into his hands."

5/ Other House Democrats are conflicted about having to defend the Squad given things they've said and done. House Dems cited: talk of supporting challengers to incumbent Dems in primaries, AOC's use of the term "concentration camps," anti-Semitic comments by Tlaib & Omar.

6/ This perceived selective outrage rankled some Dems.

"Everybody was completely outraged by what the president said," said House Dem 3, "and everybody thought it was appropriate to criticize him...

7/  "...but this was the *first* time the House has taken action to criticize him in any way, We couldn't even bring ourselves to have a resolution exclusively condemning anti-Semitism uttered by one of those members" -- Omar -- "but we leapt to their defense here."

8/ A few House Dems noted that Omar and Tlaib just introduced a resolution affirming the right of Americans to boycott, perceived as an expression of support for the anti-Israel BDS (boycott, divest, and sanction) movement that most House Dems oppose.

9/ "So we'll hear a tirade of attacks on Israel from the same group," said House Dem 3. "Hopefully they won't be anti Semitic."

House Dem 4 also brought up that bill coming "from someone with a history of anti-Semitism" -- Omar -- "So yeah it?s challenging."

10/  House Dem 4 recalls that "less than 2 weeks ago when members of our caucus were trying to support funds for children at the border," the Squad was arguing that "we're pro-putting kids in cages, we're against human rights. So there?s frustration."

11/ Others noted that this week the House Democratic Caucus stood by a group that is not perceived as standing by them.

"I can't tell you the number of Members who are angry and annoyed about them criticizing us," said House Dem 3.

12/ AOC, in particular "gives her chief of staff license to get candidates to run against her colleagues and to go after them on social media. It makes people's skin crawl," said House Dem 3.

House Dem 4 summed it up: "We were there for them; they should stop attacking us."

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1151607134905389056

Libertarians here is your guy ?

Rand Paul , voting against aid package for 9/11 first responders, because of increase in national debt ??

But he had no problem voting for billions in tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations,

Can we have trump reimburse the 340 million we have spent on his golf vacations?

eyephone said:
morekaos said:
No, that was the alt right New York Times.

Bs it?s like a leaning right or something website the link that you gave.

@fortune take a look at that website he gave. One of the main banner is purple. I guess now we know.

Go and help make LB great again.

Eye, Thomas Freedman  has been a staff writer for the New York times for almost 38 years, he is a well known Trump hater which makes his admission so noteworthy. So sorry, I corrected the link to go directly to the New York Times website so you can read the whole article.

Thomas L. Friedman became the paper?s foreign affairs Op-Ed columnist in 1995. He joined the paper in 1981, after which he served as the Beirut bureau chief in 1982, Jerusalem bureau chief in 1984, and then in Washington as the diplomatic correspondent in 1989, and later the White House correspondent and economic correspondent.

Mr. Friedman was awarded the 1983 Pulitzer Prize for international reporting (from Lebanon) and the 1988 Pulitzer Prize for international reporting (from Israel). He also won the 2002 Pulitzer Prize for commentary.

Mr. Friedman is the author of ?From Beirut to Jerusalem,? which won the National Book Award in 1989. He has written several other books, including ?Hot, Flat and Crowded,? an international best seller.

Born in Minneapolis, Mr. Friedman received a B.A. degree in Mediterranean studies from Brandeis University in 1975. In 1978 he received a master?s in modern Middle East studies from Oxford. His column appears every Sunday and Wednesday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/16/opinion/trump-2020.html

What did I tell you guys ?  Fall in line, or else ...

Lindsay Graham on CNN --  " If you're a Somali refugee wearing a MAGA cap, [Trump] doesnt want to send you back ... it is about the criticism "

According to Wikipedia, you made another false statement. Come on Morekas, you are dealing with a genius.

Patrick Stack of Time magazine has described the site's commentary section as "right-leaning".[16] The site has been described as being run by conservatives, and containing "opinion pieces from multiple media sources".[17] In 2009 RealClearPolitics was described as a weblog "in the conservative pantheon" by Richard Davis.[18][19]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RealClearPolitics

morekaos said:
eyephone said:
morekaos said:

@fortune take a look at that website he gave. One of the main banner is purple. I guess now we know.

Eye, Thomas Freedman  has been a staff writer for the New York times for almost 38 years, he is a well known Trump hater which makes his admission so noteworthy. So sorry, I corrected the link to go directly to the New York Times website so you can read the whole article.

Thomas L. Friedman became the paper?s foreign affairs Op-Ed columnist in 1995. He joined the paper in 1981, after which he served as the Beirut bureau chief in 1982, Jerusalem bureau chief in 1984, and then in Washington as the diplomatic correspondent in 1989, and later the White House correspondent and economic correspondent.

Mr. Friedman was awarded the 1983 Pulitzer Prize for international reporting (from Lebanon) and the 1988 Pulitzer Prize for international reporting (from Israel). He also won the 2002 Pulitzer Prize for commentary.

Mr. Friedman is the author of ?From Beirut to Jerusalem,? which won the National Book Award in 1989. He has written several other books, including ?Hot, Flat and Crowded,? an international best seller.

Born in Minneapolis, Mr. Friedman received a B.A. degree in Mediterranean studies from Brandeis University in 1975. In 1978 he received a master?s in modern Middle East studies from Oxford. His column appears every Sunday and Wednesday.

eyephone said:
According to Wikipedia, you made another false statement. Come on Morekas, you are dealing with a genius.

Patrick Stack of Time magazine has described the site's commentary section as "right-leaning".[16] The site has been described as being run by conservatives, and containing "opinion pieces from multiple media sources".[17] In 2009 RealClearPolitics was described as a weblog "in the conservative pantheon" by Richard Davis.[18][19]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RealClearPolitics

morekaos said:
eyephone said:
morekaos said:

Then it shouldn't take a genius to see that the source article quoted is printed by the New York Times staff writer Thomas Freedman who i even referred to in my comment.  Who cares about the conglomerate website that was erroneously linked and corrected?  Has nothing to do with the article itself...from the New York Times!!

I was taking about the website. The fact is that you are copying crap over from that website. This guy thinks he?s slick. Step up your game.

#washedup
#2old2understand

eyephone said:
I was taking about the website. The fact is that you are copying crap over from that website. This guy thinks he?s slick. Step up your game.

#washedup
#2old2understand

don't tell him that , or he will up his game by increasing the already garish purple font size

oops , personally attacked the  resident sacred cow on this forum .  i better shush ... :)

fortune11 said:
eyephone said:

#washedup
#2old2understand

don't tell him that , or he will up his game by increasing the already garish purple font size

oops , personally attacked the  resident sacred cow on this forum .  i better shush ... :)

I disagree, your voice bring sanity to the insane environments from the Trumpsters and Trump himself.

Thats obvious but i was under the impression that i was dealing with a genius?  Didn't think i needed to point that out.  My mistake, and i even apologized for the oversight and corrected it but it reminded me of something I always told my kids...Never use the statement "I am not stupid", when arguing...it coveys just the opposite when you feel the need to state something about yourself to your opponent.  Let them come to that conclusion themselves.
https://youtu.be/STeVTzWelns

Just keep copying and pasting from a right wing website.

Don?t take your LB rage and take it on me. Don?t forget to take your meds or something.

morekaos said:
Thats obvious but i was under the impression that i was dealing with a genius?  Didn't think i needed to point that out.  My mistake, and i even apologized for the oversight and corrected it but it reminded me of something I always told my kids...Never use the statement "I am not stupid", when arguing...it coveys just the opposite when you feel the need to state something about yourself to your opponent.  Let them come to that conclusion themselves.

When someone calls him out where he gets his info. He tries to maneuver out of it.

Trust me your no financial guru.

For Personal and business financial I recommend to go with Fidelity they know what they are doing. (Sorry to say not with More)

Don?t forget about Robinhood.  ;)
Trades for freeeeee

I agree, most of you should go to Fidelity, But if your best defense is a conglomeration site that is routinely used by MSNBC and Huffpost is right wing because a guy from Time Magazine said so...ok. and if you think NYTimes is a alt right publication you really are Wile E Coyote...super genius. 

eyephone said:
When someone calls him out where he gets his info. He tries to maneuver out of it.

For Personal and business financial I recommend to go with Fidelity they know what they are doing. (Sorry to say not with More)

Trades for freeeeee

robinhood is great for you guys with 4 and 5 figure accounts....don't think morekaos or any financial advisor cares about you little fish anyway  ;)

Kings said:
eyephone said:

Trades for freeeeee

robinhood is great for you guys with 4 and 5 figure accounts....don't think morekaos or any financial advisor cares about you little fish anyway  ;)

Wait - just in the other thread you were rooting for the little guys who can buy cheaper homes because thanks to trumps genius , the FCBs have fled the market ?

What happened to the ? little family friendly kings ??

I guess you really are a jack anyways !

:)

fortune11 said:
Kings said:
eyephone said:

Trades for freeeeee

Wait - just in the other thread you were rooting for the little guys who can buy cheaper homes because thanks to trumps genius , the FCBs have fled the market ?

What happened to the ? little family friendly kings ??

I guess you really are a jack anyways !

:)
great comparison - morekaos should take on 4 and 5 figure accounts because of my post in the other thread! maybe you are the genius  ;)

aren't you on vacation?  are you being a little keyboard warrior down by the pool right now?  ;D

Seriously, I just got back from 3 weeks in Avalon, you may have noticed my traffic dropped off late June through the 4rth of July.  I tried to stay off the net as much as I could...have another Margarita for me and enjoy your time away!!!

morekaos said:
Seriously, I just got back from 3 weeks in Avalon, you may have noticed my traffic dropped off late June through the 4rth of July.  I tried to stay off the net as much as I could...have another Margarita for me and enjoy your time away!!!
Kick back. Big time in Catalina?

Back