Tesla Solar Panels Price Cut

What if Tesla is throwing this super awesome deal for solar at a loss or break even. Out of all new installs they do at this low prices, their mktg must have a number for attachment rate...say x% of new installs buy Tesla car because now with cheap solar energy they can justify EV.

If this strategy works for them, look for TSLA to hit higher than ever.

zubs said:
You're right.
$1.82 was the lowest last year.
$1.45 now from TESLA.

What a massive drop! Tesla is going to corner the solar market.

The sweet spot is their 8.16 kW system which is just under $1.50 after the rebate. I think I'm going to order it for my dad's house in Las Vegas since I just had a pool put in.

Tesla jumped way up this week to 1200+ dollars.  Elon has so much money now, he can give it away to make the world a less polluted hell hole.  Good for him.

USCTrojanCPA said:
zubs said:
You're right.
$1.45 now from TESLA.

The sweet spot is their 8.16 kW system which is just under $1.50 after the rebate. I think I'm going to order it for my dad's house in Las Vegas since I just had a pool put in.

You're talking about a purchase right?

I'm still considering the subscription.

irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
zubs said:
You're right.
$1.45 now from TESLA.

I signed up for the subscription last month. Still waiting to hear back on the permitting process.

best_potsticker_in_town said:
irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
zubs said:
You're right.
$1.45 now from TESLA.

I signed up for the subscription last month. Still waiting to hear back on the permitting process.

Permitting didn't take long for me in Irvine, but the HOA approval dragggggged, hopefully your HOA is good.  I'm 9 months in after PTO and I got approval of completion letter last week, and it stated another 6-8 weeks for my deposit.  I'm expecting I'll need to walk into their office to get my deposit back, needed to grab it myself with landscaping deposit too.

I question the need to get HOA approval. Are they really going to find out? Only if someone reports me. I highly doubt the management company does audits. That said, I was weak and still decided to go through the HOA approvals. Should come back early next week according to the management company.

irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
zubs said:
You're right.
$1.45 now from TESLA.

Yeah, a purchase since the pool is about to be completed so that will increase the power usage.

Ordered Tesla on 6/2 and got city approval today. Telsa's scheduling department is supposed to reach out finalize the installation timeframe. Looking for getting these installed and signed off on so I can start using the system. New EV + hot weather...need the solar generation ASAP!

Pretty quick turnaround from permit approvals to scheduling. My Tesla panel install is scheduled for tomorrow. They came today to do a site walk and got on the roof, popped a tile off to measure the weight rating, and siliconed it back on. I'll update after the install tomorrow.

irvinehomeowner said:
What size are you ordering?

Subscription, size "Small", $65/mo. It should meet our needs. With the AC running and also charging an EV, SCE bill is over $100/mo.

When I signed up the promo was first 2 months free - it looks like they removed that. I also got referred by a Tesla owner and will get $250 after install.

Let me know if you buy/subscribe. I can give you a referral for $250.

irvinehomeowner said:

Subscription, size "Small", $65/mo. It should meet our needs. With the AC running and also charging an EV, SCE bill is over $100/mo.

When I signed up the promo was first 2 months free - it looks like they removed that. I also got referred by a Tesla owner and will get $250 after install.

Shoot me a PM, I'm going to pull the trigger on purchasing solar for my Vegas home in a few weeks.

USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Shoot me a PM, I'm going to pull the trigger on purchasing solar for my Vegas home in a few weeks.

Just sent that over! Let me know if you have questions. They're at my house right now installing.

Tesla installed today as promised. They brought 4 guys, 1 box truck, and 1 van. Started at 8am and finished around 1:30pm. I'm pleased with their work. I was expecting some contractors to come do the install, but they are Tesla (formerly Solar City) employees. The install was streamlined and organized with solid communication throughout the time they were here. They left no trash and cleaned up.

City of Irvine needs to sign off on the install and I think they may be coming as soon as tomorrow. Then SCE would need to issue Permission to Operate and then off we go.

So did they have to upgrade your electrical panel? Or I think you're in a newer home.

Also, did you get Level 2 outlets with them for charging your Y?

Did they change the format of the forum? I used to be able to see the new posts since my last visit, now I can only see them on the right side of the page, but those are just the latest posts vs all the threads with new post since the last visit.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

qwerty said:
Did they change the format of the forum? I used to be able to see the new posts since my last visit, now I can only see them on the right side of the page, but those are just the latest posts vs all the threads with new post since the last visit.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

That's a symptom of Covid. :)

Kidding... everything looks the same to me.

irvinehomeowner said:
So did they have to upgrade your electrical panel? Or I think you're in a newer home.

Also, did you get Level 2 outlets with them for charging your Y?

No, they didn't need to upgrade it. They were able to get it to fit by moving some stuff around.

I hired an electrician to put in a NEMA 14-50 outlet in my garage about 2 weeks prior to my Tesla delivery. Cost $300. The Tesla comes with a mobile charger so I just use that. I get the same 32 AMP I would get from a Level 2.

Back