Tesla Solar Panels Price Cut

While I was asking for the amazon $100 gift card, I asked energy sage about the Panasonic rebate and they sent me this link.

https://info.energysage.com/panasonic-rebate

I hate rebates  I was taught they were used by companies to sell shit and hope that the person buying would forget about them....much like you have.  It is hidden for a reason.

Tesla updated their solar panel size increments and pricing (from May this year).  Now the sizes are in increments of 3.8kw instead of 4kw.  Cost now is $2.84/kwh instead of $3/kwh.

Solar panel rentals are also available now.  See other thread I started. 

I brought in Sunpower, Sunlux, and Telsa to get quotes for solar the past few weeks.  And since I need to get my roof repaired to get the solar installed, I can get a 30% credit for the roof repairs.  I'm going to be going with Sunlux since their pricing was the best and they are licensed roofers.  Pricing I got was $14k for a hair over 6,000KW or around $2.30/KW for 12 Panasonic solar panels. 

Happy to provide to refer anyone who is interested my Sunlux rep, just PM or email me.

My 9900kwh system was $26,235 ($2.65/watt)
My 9900kwh system will be $18,365 after the tax incentive. 30% is about a $7,870 tax credit.  ($1.85/watt)

I wonder if the $2.30 USC is getting is before or after tax incentive.
If it's before, then akkord, cares, and I got screwed pretty badly, so I think it's prob. after because I'd like to think we shopped around pretty well.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Pricing I got was $14k for a hair over 6,000KW or around $2.30/KW for 12 Panasonic solar panels. 

12 Panasonic panels does not equal a 6kW system.  12 Panasonic panels will most likely generate 6000kWh per year of electricity.  You should double-check your quote...

zubs said:
My 9900kwh system will be $18,365 after the tax incentive. 30% is about a $7,870 tax credit.  ($1.85/watt)

If it's before, then akkord, cares, and I got screwed pretty badly, so I think it's prob. after because I'd like to think we shopped around pretty well.

My pre-tax cost is $14,235 for 12 Panasonic panels that will generate 6,143kWh per year of electricity so my after tax cost is $1.62/KW.  In the past year I used about 5,500kWh but I'll be putting in a spa next year so figured I'll get a little more than what I need now.

I wouldn't say that paying $2.65/KW is getting royally screwed.  One of my clients went with Sunlux having researched a half dozen companies and he recommended that get a quote from them. 

My 9,900 array generates 15,000 kwh a year.

You should find out the size of your array, but I can kind of guess.
If you are generating 6,000 kwh, your array is probably around 3,960 kwh.
12 panasonic 330 watt panels = 3,960 array

Find out your array size, not what you will generate.  Then we can compare.

example: I have 30 panels at 330 = 9,900. Using enphase microinverters

If you want to compare electricity generation, then mine is 26,235/15,000 = $1.75 to your $2.30.

I'm sure the solar companies charge more for only 12 vs. 30 panels.  Funny thing is my price ain't the cheapest. 

You should just use energysage.com
They'll get 10 solar companies quoting you and you don't even have to give them your phone number.

Then you can also send them a message where you are telling them you need a new roof, and they'll quote that way as well.
Then you can apply for their rebates.

USCTrojanCPA said:
zubs said:

My pre-tax cost is $14,235 for 12 Panasonic panels that will generate 6,143kWh per year of electricity so my after tax cost is $1.62/KW.  In the past year I used about 5,500kWh but I'll be putting in a spa next year so figured I'll get a little more than what I need now.

I wouldn't say that paying $2.65/KW is getting royally screwed.  One of my clients went with Sunlux having researched a half dozen companies and he recommended that get a quote from them. 

Your cost is actually $3.59/kw.  People compare prices based on array size, not generation amount.  $3.59/kw is actually VERY high.  I hope this includes the roof repairs.

My first edison bill came today.  -$52.12. 
I have to pay $12.05 for edisons maintenance and taxes.

I have to correct a mistake I made earlier.  I thought I would not receive a check for the extra electricity I generated at the end of one year (what edison calls "relevant period")  The reality after my relevant period is, if I have -$100.00 electrical generation, then I can get a check from edison or apply it to the new years bills.

So extra electricity generated is paid for by edison.

However, with this revelation, I am gonna start shutting off my AC and opening the windows again.

zubs said:
My first edison bill came today.  -$52.12. 
I have to pay $12.05 for edisons maintenance and taxes.

I have to correct a mistake I made earlier.  I thought I would not receive a check for the extra electricity I generated at the end of one year (what edison calls "relevant period")  The reality after my relevant period is, if I have -$100.00 electrical generation, then I can get a check from edison or apply it to the new years bills.

So extra electricity generated is paid for by edison.

However, with this revelation, I am gonna start shutting off my AC and opening the windows again.

You don't get a choice, the will cash it out.  Last year I had a net charge after adding the EV.  Prior to that we had net generation credit.  If recall correctly the payout was pennies on the dollar our $250ish credit was cashed out for something like $58. For net metering, they calculate the credit it at consumer rate but for payout they buy it at adjusted wholesale producer market (non emergency).

Well that's good to know....so if I had $1,000 at the end of the year, they would only give me like $150...
It's back to running the AC 24/7

zubs said:
Well that's good to know....so if I had $1,000 at the end of the year, they would only give me like $150...
It's back to running the AC 24/7

But we can run a what if example:
Whatif I left my house for 12 months and didn't use any electricity at all?
Does this mean I will get a huge edison credit @ the true up bill?

So I generate 15,000 KwH of electricity @ and average cost of 0.25/kwh.
15,000 X 0.25 = $3,750/year
If I get $3750/year but they only pay me $1,000...perhaps solar farming is viable.
Would need batteries to up the money during the 4-9 period.

If you generate a net balance of 15,000 KwH and the end of your relevant period was September 2019, you would be paid $570.60.  Or $0.03804 per KwH.

The math by month is available on the SCE Net Surplus Compensation Rate websitehttps://www.sce.com/regulatory/tariff-books/rates-pricing-choices/net-surplus-compensation

That little law change a couple years back where they got to add the minimum monthly charge (That $12 bill you got) also installed this ankle grabbing fuckery.

Back