Tesla Model 3

irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:
sold half of my position

Wait a minute. You have TSLA stock and you hope Tesla fails?

Are you Bizarro YellowFever?

By the way IHO, you know I own Cali real estate and have lived here my whole life, but I think this state is a house of cards also (check the cali/texas or the minimum wage thread) ....I just call it like i see it.

morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:
sold half of my position

By the way IHO, you know I own Cali real estate and have lived here my whole life, but I think this state is a house of cards also (check the cali/texas or the minimum wage thread) ....I just call it like i see it.

Then move out already!!! :)

You're like the person in the bad relationship who complains about their partner but stays because they love them.

irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:
sold half of my position

You're like the person in the bad relationship who complains about their partner but stays because they love them.

hmmm.. more like a hot model that keeps spending your money.

irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:
sold half of my position

It's true. I still love my life. I point out the flaws in the hope it can be improved.  I chose not to ignore them...yah that is nagging and bitching but if it can bring about positive change we are all the better off. ;)

I'm not the only one that thinks Tesla is ahead of itself...

Elon Musk calls Tesla's stock overvalued; shares drop

Tesla CEO Elon Musk said the company's stock price "is higher than we have the right to deserve."
On Saturday Musk told Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval that shares of Tesla reflect a "lot of optimism."
Tesla hit an all-time high in late June, before sliding nearly 20 percent by July 6 on disappointing second-quarter delivery results.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/17/elon-musk-teslas-stock-price-is-higher-than-we-deserve-right-now.html

I've said it 100 times, this company cannot survive without government subsidies.  Now that Trump is going to choke them off, Looks like moon beam is going to supply it

It looks like the state of California is bailing out Tesla

The California state Assembly passed a $3-billion subsidy program for electric vehicles, dwarfing the existing program. The bill is now in the state Senate. If passed, it will head to Governor Jerry Brown, who has not yet indicated if he?d sign what is ostensibly an effort to put EV sales into high gear, but below the surface appears to be a Tesla bailout.

Tesla will soon hit the limit of the federal tax rebates, which are good for the first 200,000 EVs sold in the US per manufacturer beginning in December 2009 (IRS explanation). In the second quarter after the manufacturer hits the limit, the subsidy gets cut in half, from $7,500 to $3,750; two quarters later, it gets cut to $1,875. Two quarters later, it goes to zero.

http://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-stock-price-california-state-government-bailing-out-2017-7?IR=T

morekaos said:
I've said it 100 times, this company cannot survive without government subsidies.  Now that Trump is going to choke them off, Looks like moon beam is going to supply it

It looks like the state of California is bailing out Tesla

The California state Assembly passed a $3-billion subsidy program for electric vehicles, dwarfing the existing program. The bill is now in the state Senate. If passed, it will head to Governor Jerry Brown, who has not yet indicated if he?d sign what is ostensibly an effort to put EV sales into high gear, but below the surface appears to be a Tesla bailout.

Tesla will soon hit the limit of the federal tax rebates, which are good for the first 200,000 EVs sold in the US per manufacturer beginning in December 2009 (IRS explanation). In the second quarter after the manufacturer hits the limit, the subsidy gets cut in half, from $7,500 to $3,750; two quarters later, it gets cut to $1,875. Two quarters later, it goes to zero.

http://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-stock-price-california-state-government-bailing-out-2017-7?IR=T

Wow

The current Cali rebate wasn't very much... it only went as high as $2500 for EVs... and topped out at $1500 for plug-in hybrids.

Hopefully this new plan is more.

The Fed incentive is $7500 but it's a tax credit, so if you don't underpay your taxes by at least $7500, you miss out as they don't credit you for the remainder (and you don't realize the savings until April of the next year).

irvinehomeowner said:
Morekaos' worst nightmares combined, Cali becoming business friendly to help Tesla succeed. :)

My idea of "business friendly" is lower regulation, lower income taxes and maybe some tax incentives (for everyone)...not handing over billions in tax credits to one specific company just to pad its balance sheet.

220 miles for 35k
310 44k

Attachments

• IMG_3101.PNG
    IMG_3101.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 170
I don't care for the big tablet on the inside and lack of everything else.  It could be simply that it's so different than what I'm used to.  I possibly would learn to like it a lot if I had one. 

spootieho said:
I don't care for the big tablet on the inside and lack of everything else.  It could be simply that it's so different than what I'm used to.  I possibly would learn to like it a lot if I had one.

Gotta go see and drive it I suppose.

Reserve now and it'll be ready mid 2018, yikes

By the end of 2018, the factory should be spitting out a whole lot of teslas

The reviews sound more like Apple fanboys. Every lacking feature (i.e. instrument clusters, basic HVAC knobs etc...) is considered the peak of industrial design/minimalism. I call BS--pure cost cutting. If this minimalist design is so great why don't they remove the instrument cluster from the Model S?

Getting your future Model 3 in 2018 would probable be a blessing. I fear the first model year will be plagued with multiple quality issues. Tesla rushed development, testing, and has no experience with mass auto production on this scale. Their service/repair network will also be strained as they try accommodate all the new customers.

Back