Tell us about your Hobbies

<p>Troop,</p>

<p>He is in his 90's. There are signed copies of his books at Booksoup on Sunset. I was there Saturday. I will go check out the exhibit. Can you post a link. </p>

omg, Booksoup.....I patrol by there every day. One of my favorite report writing spots is very close to it, behind Mel's Diner ... I'll go check it out.

Link to Shulman: <a href="http://www.psmuseum.org/exhibitions/current_exhibition.php?id=10">Palm Springs Art Museum :: Exhibitions :: Current Exhibition</a><a href="http://www.modernismweek.com/Modernism_Week_Schedule,3,17/"></a>

Troop,

I have encountered the difficulty you refer to - I thought it would be a simple matter to compile the full collection on Amazon and Half.com - but it will be pricey.

Bix,

I have an M44 - LOVE it! it does whack you good though. Imagine that as your MBR in WWII - brutal! Took my new G21 to Firing Line last night. Absolute tack-driver. Glocks are amazing...

P226 for me. Glocks never felt right in the grip. As for hobbies, obviously reading this blog. I find as I age, hobbies have changed a little. Used to be working out all of the time and competing in adventure races, arguing about politics, etc. Now, I'm getting into wine, attempting to sleep-in, and the general family thing.

I don't like the Glock....the weapon is too light, the grip is too "thick" and I stovepipe casings all the time (because it's so light, my wrist can't compensate....guys seem to do better with it).

I'll take my old school Beretta 92F anyday.

CM_Dude....no kidding about pricey. Here's a current auction on eBay. Bet you don't have this one (I was never able to find it !) <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/EDWARD-GOREY-LHEURE-BLEUE-1975-SIGNED-1ST-EDITION_W0QQitemZ110235486240QQihZ001QQcategoryZ29223QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem">EDWARD GOREY - L'HEURE BLEUE - 1975 SIGNED 1ST EDITION - eBay (item 110235486240 end time Mar-23-08 16:00:00 PDT)</a>

Glocks are tricky due to the light frame - if you don't hold onto them, they stovepipe because the slide can't fully cycle. I do really like them, though, and have no problem with the recoil issue. They are ridiculously simple, virtually indestructible, feed anything, excellent carry pieces (slim with no extraneous nonsense) and are accurate out of the box. That said, my favorite natural shooters are my Sig P220 and P226 - accurate, smooth, easy to shoot, and seemingly built for my hand.

Always a fan of the 92F as well. Whenever I take a new shooter to the range, I start them on pistols with a S&W .22, then the 92F. Accurate and comfortable for just about everyone.

Troop - wow! Only 500 printed. Thanks for the link! Would love to own one of those.

English is my second language and reading these last few entries reconfirmed that I have such a long way to go. I'll trade your Glock for my Wilson T-2000 (just kidding and please don't get mad at my feeble attempt with humor). Have a good Easter Sunday everyone!

<p>Grewup/CMdude/Troop, </p>

<p> Have you ever tried the Sig P225? Accurate little guys and for dirt cheap! I used to have a Italian 92, but sold it (the military must have dome something right!).</p>

<p> While I think Glocks are great, they don't quite fit my hand well and I don't really shoot them that well. I seem to prefer single stacks (which makes my H&K USPc a bit of a challenge since its a double stack). </p>

<p>Troop, </p>

<p> Nice catch on the book, it looks pretty good. </p>

<p>Anyways take it easy guys</p>

<p>-bix</p>

Thanks for posting all the gun info. It's good to know I'm not the only one that has issues with the Glock's grip width. Anyone have an thoughts or practical experience with any Brownings? I like the Hi-Power MkIII 9mm for hand fit, but I was interested in the PRO-9/PRO-40 as well.

<p>Brownings are beautiful, my issue with them is their cost. Any other pistol and it would be 500-600, a single stack browning? 800-900....</p>

<p>I'd just probably get the Springfield EMP or a Rock Island 1911 set up to run 9mm (single stack). But the XD-9 is calling my name.... ooooohhh....</p>

<p>-bix</p>

<p>Bix</p>

<p>I have had a Hi-Power for about 10-12 years. It is my favorite for local competition, practice, and a carry peice with my CCW. I recently got a 15 round mag for it. We will see how long the spring lasts. It is very foolproof, comfortable, and very safe being a single action.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/HiPowerComments.html">Here is a good bit of information on them.</a></p>

<p>My other concealed carry is a Walther PPK (James Bond gun) with 2 FMjs and 5 hollow points. </p>

<p>If I want to make a "big bang" I drag out my Colt Anaconda .44 mag.</p>

<p>I am still trying to decide on either an AK or an AR-15. There is a shop having a "sale" on M1-Carbines for $995.00. What do you think of those WW2 .30 cal?</p>

<p>Regards</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

The discussion was getting limited to one topic. Thought I'd lighten it up a bit.

I forgot, the title of that comic is "Collecting Double Takes."

Back