Stonegate...hello broker co-ops

Just curious, with broker representation, how negotiable are the asking prices as listed on their price sheet? I took a stroll thru Stonegate this weekend and picked up pricing from all the different communities. Its a potential target of mine, but for some reason the temperatures in Stonegate felt a little hotter. Maybe its just me.

buylowsellhigh said:
Just curious, with broker representation, how negotiable are the asking prices as listed on their price sheet? I took a stroll thru Stonegate this weekend and picked up pricing from all the different communities. Its a potential target of mine, but for some reason the temperatures in Stonegate felt a little hotter. Maybe its just me.

Hotter than where exactly?  My feeling is WB, SG, and PS are all the same.

buylowsellhigh said:
Almost everything is negotiable.  That being said, the builders will tend not to want to negotiate the prices down on developments that are selling well because they'll feel comfortable that if you don't want to buy the home someone else will later on.  The builder may be open to giving up some incentives like a credit for closing costs if you go through their in-house lender or may offer up some design center credits.  It's when the home is already built will potential buyers have the most negotiating power over the builder as builders hate standing inventory (built but unsold homes).  However, my experience tells me that Irvine Pacific seems to be a very inflexible builder to negotiate with you...they seem to have a take it or leave it attitude while builders like S&S, Taylor Morrison, and The New Home Company seem to be more flexible. 

Keep in mind that the builders need to try to keep the valuable up as best as they can because closed comps will affect their future appraisal values (remember that incentives are not something appraisers can see when they are looking at closed comps).

Nous said:
buylowsellhigh said:

Hotter than where exactly?  My feeling is WB, SG, and PS are all the same.
Hotter than Quail Hill for sure.  Temps at WB, SG, and PS seem about the same to me.

USCTrojanCPA said:
buylowsellhigh said:
Almost everything is negotiable.  That being said, the builders will tend not to want to negotiate the prices down on developments that are selling well because they'll feel comfortable that if you don't want to buy the home someone else will later on.  The builder may be open to giving up some incentives like a credit for closing costs if you go through their in-house lender or may offer up some design center credits.  It's when the home is already built will potential buyers have the most negotiating power over the builder as builders hate standing inventory (built but unsold homes).  However, my experience tells me that Irvine Pacific seems to be a very inflexible builder to negotiate with you...they seem to have a take it or leave it attitude while builders like S&S, Taylor Morrison, and The New Home Company seem to be more flexible. 

Keep in mind that the builders need to try to keep the valuable up as best as they can because closed comps will affect their future appraisal values (remember that incentives are not something appraisers can see when they are looking at closed comps).

Yup, iPac will basically tell you to sod off if you want to deal.  But remember iPac > all, or at least that's what they'll tell you...

i've been to Maricopa several times, but never gave my real name.  i've never pre-registered.  problem is they recognize me because of my daughter.  i'm interested in buying, but i'm afraid if i go in w my broker, they will NO. 

akim997 said:
i've been to Maricopa several times, but never gave my real name.  i've never pre-registered.  problem is they recognize me because of my daughter.  i'm interested in buying, but i'm afraid if i go in w my broker, they will NO. 

Have your wife (without your daughter) go in with your broker and register OR register when there is a different sales person working.  Of course, unless you already know ALL of them!

akim997 said:
Honestly, it should be no problem.  Like Shokunin mentioned, have your wife go in with your agent or just go without your daughter (especially if you haven't been there for a while).  I registered a few buyers who went in there a few times before going to register with me and we had no problem getting them registered with me as their agent.

rkp said:
Or you can just say "I know we all look alike but no, I am not so and so."  They freak out thinking they just discriminated :)
Plus I don't think they'd bring giving up a broker co-op if it translated to a sale.

Back