Stonegate...hello broker co-ops

jsk, I have exactly same feeling as you and I have several friends in the same situation as you.

I know quite a few people in the pre-qualified list and we can organize together to show up in front of the sale person.
If they don't offer co-op for us, then we will not buy from them.  I can find at least 3 friends who are in the pre-qual list. If we can find enough people, they should know.

That's really unfair, I know when they lower the price for model 3, they gave credit back to the phase 1 buyers. Why can't they do the same thing?

jsk said:
Then TIC should make their policy clear upfront in BOLD CAPS by disclosing the fact that if you pre-register you cannot use a broker at a later date.  Don't punish someone for doing what they were suppose to do and reward the person who really didnt' show any interest in the begining by not pre-registering.

I am loving this thread. ALL TIC pre-qual listers UNITE!!! It is time to fight for your FREEDOM! Time to show up at the iPAC sales offices with pitch forks and torches ;)

[EDIT: For those who take things too seriously--I am NOT advocating violence of any kind, this is a joke]

images

fcb2011 said:
jsk, I have exactly same feeling as you and I have several friends in the same situation as you.

I know quite a few people in the pre-qualified list and we can organize together to show up in front of the sale person.
If they don't offer co-op for us, then we will not buy from them.  I can find at least 3 friends who are in the pre-qual list. If we can find enough people, they should know.

That's really unfair, I know when they lower the price for model 3, they gave credit back to the phase 1 buyers. Why can't they do the same thing?

jsk said:
Then TIC should make their policy clear upfront in BOLD CAPS by disclosing the fact that if you pre-register you cannot use a broker at a later date.  Don't punish someone for doing what they were suppose to do and reward the person who really didnt' show any interest in the begining by not pre-registering.

fcb2011 said:

jsk said:
I went into Maricopa to register with more than one buyer so I'm wondering if I should have them all come in at the same time with me and make a little bit of a scene to get their attention.  Maybe we can have The Register to "happen to be there" when it all goes down.  Now that would be some interesting publicity.  haha

iacrenter said:
I am loving this thread. ALL TIC pre-qual listers UNITE!!! It is time to fight for your FREEDOM! Time to show up at the iPAC sales offices with pitch forks and torches ;)

[EDIT: For those who take things too seriously--I am NOT advocating violence of any kind, this is a joke]

images

fcb2011 said:

jsk said:
I nominate you post for the post of the year.  haha  I wonder if all the TIC lurkers are taking note?  Hmmmmmmmm

fcb2011 said:

jsk said:

A lot of people are bemoaning the high prices of SG/LA and claiming victory upon the insitution of broker co-ops.  Perhaps they were priced in all along, and TIC sees the value in having 100 local offsite salespeople acting in TIC's interest. 

That's a great idea! I am talking with my friends to see if they are willing to show up together.

USCTrojanCPA said:
fcb2011 said:

jsk said:
I went into Maricopa to register with more than one buyer so I'm wondering if I should have them all come in at the same time with me and make a little bit of a scene to get their attention.  Maybe we can have The Register to "happen to be there" when it all goes down.  Now that would be some interesting publicity.  haha

shadax said:
fcb2011 said:

jsk said:

A lot of people are bemoaning the high prices of SG/LA and claiming victory upon the insitution of broker co-ops.  Perhaps they were priced in all along, and TIC sees the value in having 100 local offsite salespeople acting in TIC's interest. 
They sure aren't making any friends with those "offiste salespeople" if they pull the rug out from underneath their feet.  Burned once, shame on me...burned twice shame on TIC. 

Starlight East said:
A great compromise would be no broker-coop but $7500,- for all who did not use a broker. That should include all 2010/2011 buyers.

When TIC does not budge, maybe the government can step in (even when that would mean a tax hike). We are entitled to that money.

This is exactly what I thought at first.  Why play this game? 

"You have to let me use an agent because I want my share of coop money." 

"Instead, here's part (or maybe even all) of that same $ in the form of incentives since we don't have to pay your broker."

I'm sure they do actually generate legit sales leads with the coop program...just maybe not as many as they think.

shadax said:
Starlight East said:
A great compromise would be no broker-coop but $7500,- for all who did not use a broker. That should include all 2010/2011 buyers.

When TIC does not budge, maybe the government can step in (even when that would mean a tax hike). We are entitled to that money.

"Instead, here's part (or maybe even all) of that same $ in the form of incentives since we don't have to pay your broker."

I'm sure they do actually generate legit sales leads with the coop program...just maybe not as many as they think.
Upgrades incentives are only worth about 50-60 cents on the dollar.  The best bang for the buck is credits for closing costs....that's dollar for dollar.

USCTrojanCPA said:
shadax said:
Starlight East said:

Upgrades incentives are only worth about 50-60 cents on the dollar.  The best bang for the buck is credits for closing costs....that's dollar for dollar.

This is true...with that in mind, plus the knowledge that the whole amount is going back to TIC anyway, I'd try to negotiate for more in upgrades than whatever they're offering in cold hard cash or closing costs.

I always found it odd when a builder would offer an equal incentive amount regardless of what you did with it. 

USC-CPA, please let us know how it goes at Maricopa with your buyers.  Let them know that there are a lot of angry pre-qualified buyers.  Thanks.

jsk said:
USC-CPA, please let us know how it goes at Maricopa with your buyers.  Let them know that there are a lot of angry pre-qualified buyers.  Thanks.
I'm going in on Saturday at 10am-11am so I'll keep everyone posted on what happens, I'm hoping that TIC does the right thing.  If they don't, I may decide to take it with the Realtor Association and/or the Department of Real Estate.

Reactions: ak
Wow a $20,000 bone sure is attracting slot of renewed interest.  Before we form this collective bargaining unit why don't we wait awhile and see what else TIC will throw at us?  I'm in no rush to buy so unless you're desperate to show off your new iPac stucco box to your friends, let's just sit on this awhile.  2% split between my broker and I is not enough for me to get off the fence.  I'm thinking more along the lines of $50k price reductions along with some nice closing credit for me to buy down my soon to be non-comforming jumbo loan rates.  The builder had their way with us in 2010, let's turn the table on them in 2011.  Remember builders don't have the luxury of taking homes off the market or renting them out compared to resales.  So unless they stop building, the longer we play hard to get the more leverage we have.  Again, please hold off on forming a pissed off pre-qual mob and picketing in front of the sales office, when the time is right maybe we can form a bulk buying group and throw them a lowball offer and see if they will bite. 

I want to keep reminding you guys $20,000 is not that much of a financial factor when you're buying a $900,000 house.  If that amount will pull you off the fence on the biggest purchase of your life you should really consult a financial advisor.  We're are placing too much weight on $20k instead of focusing on what's at hand:  TIC is weakening a bit let's see if we can push them a little more.

ps99472 said:
Wow a $20,000 bone sure is attracting slot of renewed interest.  Before we form this collective bargaining unit why don't we wait awhile and see what else TIC will throw at us?  I'm in no rush to buy so unless you're desperate to show off your new iPac stucco box to your friends, let's just sit on this awhile.  2% split between my broker and I is not enough for me to get off the fence.  I'm thinking more along the lines of $50k price reductions along with some nice closing credit for me to buy down my soon to be non-comforming jumbo loan rates.  The builder had their way with us in 2010, let's turn the table on them in 2011.  Remember builders don't have the luxury of taking homes off the market or renting them out compared to resales.  So unless they stop building, the longer we play hard to get the more leverage we have.  Again, please hold off on forming a pissed off pre-qual mob and picketing in front of the sales office, when the time is right maybe we can form a bulk buying group and throw them a lowball offer and see if they will bite. 

I want to keep reminding you guys $20,000 is not that much of a financial factor when you're buying a $900,000 house.  If that amount will pull you off the fence on the biggest purchase of your life you should really consult a financial advisor.  We're are placing too much weight on $20k instead of focusing on what's at hand:  TIC is weakening a bit let's see if we can push them a little more.

I sure hope it's not an even split.

We are going to see a lot more TIC plants on the board trying to convince you the time to buy is now. This thread is heresy in their eyes--beware.  :-\

iacrenter said:
We are going to see a lot more TIC plants on the board trying to convince you the time to buy is now. This thread is heresy in their eyes--beware.  :-\
At least we'll be able to spot them from a mile away.  haha

Back