Stonegate...hello broker co-ops

irvinehomeowner said:
iacrenter said:
We are going to see a lot more TIC plants on the board trying to convince you the time to buy is now. This thread is heresy in their eyes--beware.  :-\
"Buy now before they throw in more incentives!"

Wait... that didn't come out right.
Buyers don't understand how much power they do have.  If somehow they worked together, they would realize some tangible benefits especially when it comes to buying new homes from builders.  Watch the TIC marketing crew start to scramble as sales remain slow.

Starlight East said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
[Buyers don't understand how much power they do have.  If somehow they worked together, they would realize some tangible benefits especially when it comes to buying new homes from builders. 

Working together is good idea, but you need a good spokes person. I am nominating IndieDev. As a fundamental value whizz kid, he might be able to convince TIC to lower the price substantially.

Or try to bet TIC they won't lower prices within the next XX months.  :)

You guys already have the best representation you can possibly get.

Adam Smith and Classical Economics. 200+ years of proven, unbiased, fundamentals.

IndieDev said:

Adam Smith and Classical Economics. 200+ years of proven, unbiased, fundamentals.

*Past performance is not a guarantee or a reliable indicator of future results.

I take it you are not an Endogenous Growth Theory person

I have good news to report.  I went into Maricopa with one of my buyers this morning and was able to register with my buyer.  The gentleman that I spoke with was Ron (maybe Don) and it was no problem.  Thumbs up to TIC to staying true to their word when I initially went in with my buyers. 

LAtoOC said:
IndieDev said:

*Past performance is not a guarantee or a reliable indicator of future results.

I take it you are not an Endogenous Growth Theory person

Adam Smith never said he could predict the future, that's a gross misunderstanding of the entire thought of classical market theory. He only put forth that markets behaved according to a set of fundamental factors.

Also, Endogenous Growth Theory doesn't contradict Adam Smith's theory on market behavior, it actually expands upon his theories by discussing firm behavior within the context of government incentive (something Adam Smith began to do himself if you read some of his writings).

So I'm not sure what connection or conclusion you were trying to make, it seems very muddled, and amateur.

USCTrojanCPA said:
I have good news to report.  I went into Maricopa with one of my buyers this morning and was able to register with my buyer.  The gentleman that I spoke with was Ron (maybe Don) and it was no problem.  Thumbs up to TIC to staying true to their word when I initially went in with my buyers. 

How's their phase 2 selling?  Still have alot of 2s and 3s leftover?  Can you confirm the $35k price drop on plan 3s only?  thanks

ps99472 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

How's their phase 2 selling?  Still have alot of 2s and 3s leftover?  Can you confirm the $35k price drop on plan 3s only?  thanks

I looked like all of the 1s from Phase 1 & 2 have been spoken for, but I saw a few 2s and 3s that were still unsold.  The salespeople did not know what the pricing of Phase 3 would be.

We were at Maricopa twice since the grand opening and completed only the first step of priority registration (have NOT been pre-qualified). A few weeks ago, we visited the sales center again and inquired about broker co-op - the sales (forgot her name) said that the incentive is only for those who visit the first time WITH an agent.

Now that I've read this thread in detail, I am a bit confused - should we / our agent try to negotiate for the broker co-op?

Many thanks in advance for any information/advice/insight provided!

USCTrojanCPA said:

For Phase 3, they converted 2 Plan 3s to a Plan 1 and a Plan 2.  Guess the high end market is really softening.  Also, phase releases seem to be slowing down.  Phase 4 might be next week according to sales agent.  Let's see some real price drops!!

yellowplum said:
We were at Maricopa twice since the grand opening and completed only the first step of priority registration (have NOT been pre-qualified). A few weeks ago, we visited the sales center again and inquired about broker co-op - the sales (forgot her name) said that the incentive is only for those who visit the first time WITH an agent.

Now that I've read this thread in detail, I am a bit confused - should we / our agent try to negotiate for the broker co-op?

USCTrojanCPA said:
You have to go first time with the agent for them to get the broker co-op.  The idea is that they referred a customer that otherwise would have not seen their development and its a referral more than a commission.  I remember on the IHB forums folks trying to get the builder to discount the house by that amount as they didnt go with an agent or use the funds as upgrade credit but builders kept refusing.  I believe it has to do with the money coming from their their marketing budget. 

The resident professionals can weigh in better than me.  My usual rule of thumb is never fill any guest cards or even make eye contact when touring the models.  If something catches my eye, I go back with my buddy who is a broker. 

yellowplum said:

USCTrojanCPA said:
Check your PM.

rkp said:
yellowplum said:

USCTrojanCPA said:
You have to go first time with the agent for them to get the broker co-op.  The idea is that they referred a customer that otherwise would have not seen their development and its a referral more than a commission.  I remember on the IHB forums folks trying to get the builder to discount the house by that amount as they didnt go with an agent or use the funds as upgrade credit but builders kept refusing.  I believe it has to do with the money coming from their their marketing budget. 

The resident professionals can weigh in better than me.  My usual rule of thumb is never fill any guest cards or even make eye contact when touring the models.  If something catches my eye, I go back with my buddy who is a broker. 
Here was the big wrinkle that iPac created for me...I went into a few of their new developments to register my buyers before the broker co-op.  They would not allow me to register my buyers and told my buyers that they can go ahead and get pre-qualified and put onto their priority list and if they started offering a broker co-op that they would notify me via email (I gave them my business card) at which time I could come back and register my buyers.  So you see, they kind of dropped the ball on the requirement of coming in with an agent the first time as they wouldn't register the agents when there was no broker co-op offered.  That being said, they up held their word so I had no issues registering my buyers.

irvinehomeowner said:
@USC:

How did they know which buyers were yours, did you put a list of names on your business card?
They didn't know because they wouldn't let me register them and didn't ask me to put their names down anywhere, including my business card.  They just took my business card and told me they'd let me know if and when they began to offer broker co-ops. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:
@USC:

How did they know which buyers were yours, did you put a list of names on your business card?
They didn't know because they wouldn't let me register them and didn't ask me to put their names down anywhere, including my business card.  They just took my business card and told me they'd let me know if and when they began to offer broker co-ops.

I recall seeing you with every person who toured their for the first time before the broker co-op  8)

rkp said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:
@USC:

I recall seeing you with every person who toured their for the first time before the broker co-op  8)
Of course I did.  ;)

Does anyone know what the current base prices of Maricopa are?

I would go to the model homes but I don't want them to catch me broker-less.

irvinehomeowner said:
Does anyone know what the current base prices of Maricopa are?

I would go to the model homes but I don't want them to catch me broker-less.

Phase 3 remaining per email (these were plan 3's that are being re-plotted to a plan 1 and plan 2)

Lot 78 Plan 1 $791,900 lot 3800
Lot 58 Plan 2 $869,900 lot 4800

I was wondering how they're going to move 4 plan 3's during the last phase release.  According to sales, no price adjustments (except for the plan 3's) necessary since they seem pretty confident they can sell at this price.  I guess I won't be moving into Maricopa anytime soon.

Here's my previous post last month during the initial phase 3 release
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php?topic=1539.msg22062#msg22062

Back