Stock picks

at least the founder is married a hot Australian model

morekaos said:
Hahahahaha!!

morekaos said:
morekaos said:
morekaos said:
Amateur hour

http://nypost.com/2017/03/13/snaps-stock-has-left-a-bunch-of-millennial-investors-under-water/

snaps stock has left a bunch of millennial investors under water

What a total disaster, but few will learn any lessons

Snap shares tumble after BTIG's Greenfield cuts target to $5: 'We are tired of Snapchat's excuses'

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/12/analyst-slashes-snap-rating-to-sell-sees-another-50percent-drop-for-shares.html

Oh Snap...5 year round trip...

Snap falls 40% on pace for worst day ever
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/24/snaps-down-32percent-and-its-dragging-other-stocks-down-with-it.html

My small limit orders set at 52-week low price for couple stocks executed.  Bought GOOG at $100.  Next step $80.

Averaging down on GOOG, AXP, JPM, SSO, plus monthly purchase BRK-B.

Eyeing SPH and thinking about adding more shares at under $15.

momopi said:
My small limit orders set at 52-week low price for couple select stocks executed.  Bought GOOG at $100.  Next step $80.

You are short goog? Good chance it closes at $100 with it being options exp day.

Ready2Downsize said:
momopi said:
My small limit orders set at 52-week low price for couple select stocks executed.  Bought GOOG at $100.  Next step $80.
You are short goog?

No, I average down (buy and hold) on stocks with exception to BRK-B fund, which I purchase monthly.

I also purchase small amount of gold/silver annually.  Over the years they all add up.

Sold all the puts I bought yesterday lots of stocks weren't really dropping and vix was going up so my premiums were rising.

Could go lower or we could get some kind of relief rally. Never went broke taking a profit.

momopi said:
My small limit orders set at 52-week low price for couple stocks executed.  Bought GOOG at $100.  Next step $80.

Averaging down on GOOG, AXP, JPM, SSO, plus monthly purchase BRK-B.

Eyeing SPH and thinking about adding more shares at under $15.

I nibbled in to T and will add more SPH at 15 as well.  When did BRK get so expensive?  PE over 50?  I think we have 1 more strong leg down...20% from here?  Would be in line with GOOGL @ 80.

I feel like JC is just going to come out whacking everyone. The race up in bonds today, what was that? QT maybe?

The Dow was here in March 2020 and five days later it bottomed out after a huge move down. It could happen again. Still remembering that Friday in Oct 87 when the SP moved below support and what happened on Monday. Course we have circuit breakers now but it could still end up crashing lower in days instead of one day.

If that should happen, JC is in a huge dilemma. Risk something breaking bigly or pivot. Pivot would ramp up commodities, lower rates, ramp the market in a hurry.

Tsla better not have bad news this weekend, imo.

Tsla came in low on deliveries. If the 52 week low should break, I think 180-200 should be a tradeable bottom. Eventually I think that will break.

Compressed-Village said:
Plunge Protection Team is assembled for Monday.

Black Monday mayday, mayday call.

With the plunge in the bond yields it would seem so. But I bet the fed is none too happy to see the rally in oil and metals ripping higher.

Not too many chess pieces left for the fed to move around.

Tsla will be oversold technically after this move down but imo, this is not the end of the plunge for tsla. Nice cars but to be valued at more than every other car maker combined is a bit much it seems to me. Besides bear markets come after every stock.

Ready2Downsize said:
Compressed-Village said:
Plunge Protection Team is assembled for Monday.

Black Monday mayday, mayday call.

With the plunge in the bond yields it would seem so. But I bet the fed is none too happy to see the rally in oil and metals ripping higher.

Not too many chess pieces left for the fed to move around.

Tsla will be oversold technically after this move down but imo, this is not the end of the plunge for tsla. Nice cars but to be valued at more than every other car maker combined is a bit much it seems to me. Besides bear markets come after every stock.

Oooohhhh, a sea of red. Isn?t red suppose to be good luck color?😝

Are you fighting the FED here. It is very clear, that our FED is on a crush-you path.

Interesting strategy of pulling the trigger on the way down. And down, and down.

Why not wait for 300 and buy with all that culmulative.

Are you fighting the FED here. It is very clear, that our FED is on a crush-you path.

Interesting strategy of pulling the trigger on the way down. And down, and down.

Why not wait for 300 and buy with all that cumulative.

I don't have a crystal ball, so I use averaging down like dollar-cost averaging. It used to be costly when brokerages charged per transaction, but they waived the fees in 2019.

To your point, like Warren Buffet says "when it rains gold, put out the bucket and not the thimble". If and when the market nosedives, I'll likely make bigger purchases.

Last edited:
Back