Stock picks

I just read that Ukraine supplies a number of inert gases for semiconductor lithography processes.  70% of neon, 40% of krypton, 30% of xenon, and ?% of argon. Russia supplies hexafluorobutadiene (C4F6) and palladium.

Chip makers are issuing statements that they have sufficient supply for now.  But if conflict is prolonged that may change.  Not that we don't already have a chip shortage.  ;p
https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Te...-chipmakers-on-alert-over-supply-of-key-gaseshttps://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/23/imp...on-supply-chains-food-metals-commodities.html

There is an actual US LNG company with the ticket LNG (Cheniere Energy).  Not buying at this time.

Woke up early this morning and grabbed a few shares of TSLA in low $800's.

Added some INTC yesterday...essentially at a bottom with a +3% dividend yield...that's a longer term gimme.

But intel is behind the other chip makers in terms of current products and pipeline. *according to analysts

(not investment advice, just an opinion and not facts)

morekaos said:
Added some INTC yesterday...essentially at a bottom with a +3% dividend yield...that's a longer term gimme.
They'll have to cut the dividend to sustain the capex required, which still lags TSMC and banks on the Fed subsidy which hasn't passed Congress yet. Long term they'll win as they finally have competent leadership for the first time in 2 decades but the ride will be rough and there is lots more downside as they bleed data center market share to AMD and Arm variants.

eyephone said:
But intel is behind the other chip makers in terms of current products and pipeline. *according to analysts

Who cares...they still dominate the space and at this point are a value play...like my call on TGT at $55.00...a no brainer.

paydawg said:
GH said:
morekaos said:
I like Target at $55.  11PE. 4.3% dividend. Whats not to like?

Wow -- didn't realize how much they have fallen -- Used to have them as my retail stock but swapped with Costco last year -- you think its a good bet to swap again ?

Target needs to get their online presence act together.  Their website is awful and that's where the growth opportunities are right now.  That's why Walmart is starting to look better.

OCtoSV said:
morekaos said:
They'll have to cut the dividend to sustain the capex required, which still lags TSMC and banks on the Fed subsidy which hasn't passed Congress yet. Long term they'll win as they finally have competent leadership for the first time in 2 decades but the ride will be rough and there is lots more downside as they bleed data center market share to AMD and Arm variants.

;)

eyephone said:
OCtoSV said:
morekaos said:

;)

When people don't like something...(As usual you miss the point, Eye)...that makes me even more interested...See how no one liked TGT at $55?...Lions and Gazelles...lions and gazelles...

morekaos said:
eyephone said:

Who cares...they still dominate the space and at this point are a value play...like my call on TGT at $55.00...a no brainer.

paydawg said:
GH said:
morekaos said:
I like Target at $55.  11PE. 4.3% dividend. Whats not to like?

Wow -- didn't realize how much they have fallen -- Used to have them as my retail stock but swapped with Costco last year -- you think its a good bet to swap again ?

Target needs to get their online presence act together.  Their website is awful and that's where the growth opportunities are right now.  That's why Walmart is starting to look better.

This stock I actually know a little something about. They've been a value play since late 2000. Their problems are intrinsically related to the business model and missing multiple market and technology transitions. I think they go private once it gets into the 30s. Gelsinger reported to Michael Dell as VMware CEO and MD pulled off the mother of all LBO to private transactions.

ASML is the only semi name you should think about for the long term; they have a lock on the critical EUV technology and its a race between Intel, TSMC and Samsung for that equipment.

I respect that...I have actually always made money in this stock but that is the trader in me.  I like the current price...how long we may date? we shall see.  I maintain a certain casual social attitude. ;D ;D >:D

Back