Stock picks

It?s about time. Amazon finally splits its stocks. I am getting few thousand shares for free.😀

On a serious note, this is the first time Amazon ever buys back stocks if I remember correctly

Danimal said:
It?s about time. Amazon finally splits its stocks. I am getting few thousand shares for free.😀

On a serious note, this is the first time Amazon ever buys back stocks if I remember correctly

Those $2,950 weekly calls will be worth 20x in the morning.  I bet there was some insider trading here, lots of people must have known about this.

momopi said:
paydawg said:
momopi said:
I'm eyeing WDC (owns Sandisk) STX and HPE.  People working from home still need hard drives and SSD's, and companies still need enterprise services.

HPQ and XRX are cheap but people working from home rarely needs to print office documents.  I think with what happened in recent months more people will migrate from print documents to electronic docs.

This is why stocks like DOCU have performed so well lately.  That stock is on fire.  I'm kicking myself for not getting in when it was about 130/share. 

I think DOCU is a great stock to buy (earlier) for the quarantine.  But I have some doubts regarding the long term outlook.  I've used DOCU for real estate docs a number of times and ran into bugs and issues, but those are easily fixed.  What concerns me is how the company makes money and the low barrier of entry in this segment.

Consider, it may be a large task to service e-sign documents for many segments, but a competitor only needs to service one (or more).  For example, someone else -- such as redfin, zillow, trulia, realtor.com, opendoor, or corelogic could come up a competing e-doc service specific to real estate and eat DOCU's market share.  Same applies for other market segments.  What if Ernst & Young and Experian wanted a piece of the action?  I don't believe DOCU has high level of customer loyalty.  Also unlike netflix, it's not like you can have exclusive license on common RE purchase or legal forms.

Already at a 52 week low, down another 16% after hours. Should have gone with your gut and shorted it.

WDC, STX and MU are all cheaper now, and these companies make a profit.

However, if the Ukraine war drags on it may have detrimental impact to chip production, which is used in SSD's and HDD controllers.  So these stocks (along with ASML, TSM, etc.)  might go lower.

Sold KSS to buy Google and Amazon ahead of split.

If you hold KSS I think there is still potential to make more money from the buyout.  But I like Google and Amazon's 20:1 split better.

momopi said:
Sold KSS to buy Google and Amazon ahead of split.

If you hold KSS I think there is still potential to make more money from the buyout.  But I like Google and Amazon's 20:1 split better.

I think that is wise...

momopi said:
OCLuvr said:
Is anyone buying anything?

I have a few limit orders on SSO.

Earlier this week I told my coworker in Ukraine that if he wanted to leave he should go right away.  He is probably stuck on the road in heavy traffic now.

Did your coworker make it out safely?

paydawg said:
momopi said:
OCLuvr said:
Is anyone buying anything?
I have a few limit orders on SSO.
Earlier this week I told my coworker in Ukraine that if he wanted to leave he should go right away.  He is probably stuck on the road in heavy traffic now.
Did your coworker make it out safely?

He is out of Kiev but still in Ukraine.  We have several hundred contractors there, less than 20% made it out of Ukraine and a small % is still in Kiev.

Picked up a little ASML and Lam Research today.  Waiting for Applied Materials to drop some more before buying.

We can still have 30-50 % market correction from here and still expensive.

I know I paint a grim picture. But it will need to come to that and much more rate hikes than the .50 Fed funds rate to even just merely slow down inflation. To kill inflation, it might be an impossible tasks, given where we are.

sleepy5136 said:
momopi said:
Averaging down on AXP  (yes I'm that nut who is still buying)
Do you think the consumer will continue to spend? Otherwise what is your reasoning for buying AXP?

IMO consumer sentiments are bad, but they will continue to spend and pay more at retail for goods and services due to inflation.  I plan to use limit orders to average down on AXP with small purchases ($500-1000) per step.

This is not to say that AXP is a guaranteed "safe bet".  They face risks beyond their control including military conflict, pandemic resurgence, and all kinds of disruptions that may impact consumer spending habits & delinquency rates.  For example, as consumers are forced to pay more for food, fuel, cars, etc., they're more inclined to trade in used items to save money.  I recently sold an used Nuna infant car seat for cash, a transaction that doesn't benefit card companies or retail stores.

morekaos said:
morekaos said:
Amateur hour

http://nypost.com/2017/03/13/snaps-stock-has-left-a-bunch-of-millennial-investors-under-water/

snaps stock has left a bunch of millennial investors under water

What a total disaster, but few will learn any lessons

Snap shares tumble after BTIG's Greenfield cuts target to $5: 'We are tired of Snapchat's excuses'

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/12/analyst-slashes-snap-rating-to-sell-sees-another-50percent-drop-for-shares.html

Oh Snap...5 year round trip...

Snap falls 40% on pace for worst day ever
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/24/snaps-down-32percent-and-its-dragging-other-stocks-down-with-it.html

I think this will hold for the split?

morekaos said:
morekaos said:
morekaos said:
Ready2Downsize said:
Something seems to be amiss with google. Last earnings they announced that 20 for one stock split and it made an all time high only to trade down to the 2500 area. It's tried to rally a couple times only to end up around the 2500ish area again and today it decisively broke that area and not on low volume either.

It doesn't seem to be expensive, so not really sure what is up. Bought some puts. If it attempts to rally back to 2500 I'm buying more.

You got some near term support at 2450 but it broke that. if it closes below that then 2250 in the cards.  I would enter around there if it holds. 

$2250.00

$2250.00?Start nibbling?

Hahahahaha!!

morekaos said:
morekaos said:
morekaos said:
Amateur hour

http://nypost.com/2017/03/13/snaps-stock-has-left-a-bunch-of-millennial-investors-under-water/

snaps stock has left a bunch of millennial investors under water

What a total disaster, but few will learn any lessons

Snap shares tumble after BTIG's Greenfield cuts target to $5: 'We are tired of Snapchat's excuses'

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/12/analyst-slashes-snap-rating-to-sell-sees-another-50percent-drop-for-shares.html

Oh Snap...5 year round trip...

Snap falls 40% on pace for worst day ever
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/24/snaps-down-32percent-and-its-dragging-other-stocks-down-with-it.html

Back