Stock picks

isn't it too late to jump on the EV train? Also, I'm a bit hesitant the social spending bill which contains those tax credits will pass with the latest inflation data coming in. We literally injected another T not too long ago. Another 1.75T? Interesting to see how biden thinks this will not cause inflation to worsen.

Anti-Woke ETFs Are Pitching to Conservatives Mad at Corporate America
Dan Grant is fed up with ?wokeness.? He?s sick of such companies as Nike Inc. and Coca-Cola Co. taking liberal positions on social justice issues. ?People are tired of woke companies, tired of wokeness overall, and tired of companies putting their social justice activism ahead of generating profits for their shareholders,? Grant says, sitting in a small Nashville office festooned with dinosaur fossils and a pet Australian snake-necked turtle named Melvin.

The former JPMorgan Chase & Co. banker is betting that the 74 million people who, like him, voted for Donald Trump are mad about it, too?mad enough to buy shares of his company?s exchange traded funds, which invest in companies Grant and his colleagues deem unwoke. That means they lean right politically or are at least neutral in their activism and donations. Grant is chief executive officer of 2ndVote Advisers, a small group of politically conservative money managers pushing against what they see as a stampede toward left-leaning, socially conscious investing on Wall Street.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ing-targets-trump-loving-conservative-traders

I'm loading up on domestic retail stocks like LEVI, M, KSS, VRTV (packaging materials).

For BABA I think it's still going down, so if you want to buy I would suggest small buys.  If you want to avoid China stocks but looking to average down on a stock, maybe look at Disney -- if you believe the mouse will laugh last.

CalBears96 said:
I thought about picking up ZM after the big drop post earnings. Wonder if Nu variant will have any effect on WFH.
ZM is a one trick pony atm. How many clients can you get until the market is saturated? Growth prospects is lower and lots of competition (Teams, Webex). I don't think ZM is a WFH stock. WFH simply expedited the adoption of it.

sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
I thought about picking up ZM after the big drop post earnings. Wonder if Nu variant will have any effect on WFH.
ZM is a one trick pony atm. How many clients can you get until the market is saturated? Growth prospects is lower and lots of competition (Teams, Webex). I don't think ZM is a WFH stock. WFH simply expedited the adoption of it.

I think in the end Teams will win due to the integration of MS Office with Teams.  We used to use Zoom but Teams makes things better and so much easier to share spreadsheets / docs / links to integrated MS Teams projects, etc. 

Schools are already stating they will move from Zoom as it?s services will no longer offer extended time for free. Microsoft is already using Teams to move back into the school environment with the inferior Google Meet available for the GSuite.

I got bought 500 ZM this morning at $213, but wasn't too sure about holding it so I got out at $218.1. Made $2500 profit after holding for 4 hours.  ;D

Good thing you dumped it.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3775876-zoom-drops-3-as-microsoft-unveils-cheap-standalone-version-of-teams?utm_campaign=rta-stock-news&utm_content=link-1&utm_medium=email&utm_source=seeking_alpha&utm_term=RTA+News+Smart

My chips are on PLTR

Parameter [/color]SNOW [/color]PLTR
Market Cap 94.84B 39.00B
Income -760.80M -512.50M
Sales 851.20M 1.43B
Employees 2017 2439
P/S [/color]111.42 [/color]27.25
EPS (ttm) -2.59 -0.28
EPS next 5Y [/color]-0.14% [/color]49.39%
Gross Margin [/color]58.50% [/color]77.50%
Oper. Margin [/color]-91.10% [/color]-35.60%
Profit Margin [/color]-89.40% [/color]-35.80%

Buying American Express, Macy's, Best Buy, Big 5, and ANF today.

Might pick up more DKS if price continues to fall.

Back