Stock picks

I don't think you can get any stock to short...the offering hasn't settled yet so I don't know where you borrow it from.  Also, I don't think there are any options yet.

no option chain from what i can tell, it'd be horrible if you short it but can't buy it to close the position as there are no buyers and the stock keeps on going up

AW said:
no option chain from what i can tell, it'd be horrible if you short it but can't buy it to close the position as there are no buyers and the stock keeps on going up

That's what you called getting snapped

On an IPO i think the only ones who can short in the first week are the syndicate members as no stock has settled till day 3. Without settled stock there is no stock to borrow in order to short.    Also options don't usually trade on a stock till it has been out there awhile (month or 2) so the makers can get the premiums figured out.

morekaos said:
On an IPO i think the only ones who can short in the first week are the syndicate members as no stock has settled till day 3. Without settled stock there is no stock to borrow in order to short.    Also options don't usually trade on a stock till it has been out there awhile (month or 2) so the makers can get the premiums figured out.

No way Snapchat is worth that much.

Just wait to short right before the lock up periods for insiders are done because they'll be selling their shares.

morekaos said:
I predict a Twitter-like chart

Like I said....

Two market watchers who rang the alarm about Twitter see trouble for Snap

Wieser downgraded Twitter to a sell rating in November 2013 immediately after shares were open for trading. Ahead of Twitter's IPO, he had marked the stock a buy. In his sell note, Wieser said Twitter did appear to be fairly valued, but key risks included "a relatively unproven" advertiser proposition, the prospects of "wild swings" in investor sentiment and government regulations related to privacy.

"There are some lessons to be learned from the Twitter IPO," Wieser told CNBC in a phone interview Thursday. He said some investors may indeed be optimistic about the company's intrinsic value, but others may be following the "greater fool theory" in which the stock's price is determined by irrational expectations.

"A difference with Snap is that I don't know that investors necessarily believe that," he said. "Maybe some do."

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/03/two-market-watchers-who-rang-the-alarm-about-twitter-see-trouble-for-snap.html

Check out this interview with JCPenney CEO.

"Starting later this month, shoppers will see signs in the J.C. Penney home departments and on its digital storefront for services in bathroom remodeling, home heating and cooling systems, quick-ship and installed blinds, whole home water solutions, awnings and smart home technology."
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/09/jc-penney-wants-to-remodel-your-bathroom.html

In general the margins for bathroom remodels, custom blinds/drapes/shutters etc. are high.

I'll just keep this in my watch list. See if this stock gains traction. 

morekaos said:
I like Target at $55.  11PE. 4.3% dividend. Whats not to like?

Wow -- didn't realize how much they have fallen -- Used to have them as my retail stock but swapped with Costco last year -- you think its a good bet to swap again ? 

GH said:
morekaos said:
I like Target at $55.  11PE. 4.3% dividend. Whats not to like?

Wow -- didn't realize how much they have fallen -- Used to have them as my retail stock but swapped with Costco last year -- you think its a good bet to swap again ?

Target needs to get their online presence act together.  Their website is awful and that's where the growth opportunities are right now.  That's why Walmart is starting to look better.

Back