Stock picks

In general, stocks are at an all time high today.  Do you TI'ers see this continuing for a while or a slow down?  If it's a slowdown, are any equity sectors safe?  I personally think bank stocks are relatively safe and utilities (with their higher dividends) might be a decent hedge. 

long term, snapchat will die. short term is a toss up.

I prefer FB as the social media play. I have a feeling they will be getting into the china market "soon".

paydawg said:
In general, stocks are at an all time high today.  Do you TI'ers see this continuing for a while or a slow down?  If it's a slowdown, are any equity sectors safe?  I personally think bank stocks are relatively safe and utilities (with their higher dividends) might be a decent hedge. 

I say this every week, then the next week I say the same thing.  Guess I'll keep.riding the wave, shorts are getting crushed.

aquabliss said:
paydawg said:

I say this every week, then the next week I say the same thing.  Guess I'll keep.riding the wave, shorts are getting crushed.

I have WAY too much $$ in bank stocks...I'm just being hesitant to pull some out.  Maybe the market keeps going up until Trump gets impeached!

I'm concerned but not because how high the market goes up but rather how fast it went up base on euphoria of Trump policy. 

I'm very cautious right now, will hold on the index funds but seriously considering unload some tech stocks. 

Compressed-Village said:
Cash is KING right now and in the near future. This run up is full of hot air.

That's the problem I'm having with this, everybody is saying that

Oh I believe it too.. BUT..  you gotta strike while it's hot.  There will be a run up and then just cash out!

morekaos said:
Compressed-Village said:
Cash is KING right now and in the near future. This run up is full of hot air.

That's the problem I'm having with this, everybody is saying that

Yup, I keep hearing the same thing from everyone I know and selling VIX puts has been futile at best.  This is definitely a wall of worry stealth trump train rally.  haha

paydawg said:
aquabliss said:
paydawg said:

I have WAY too much $$ in bank stocks...I'm just being hesitant to pull some out.  Maybe the market keeps going up until Trump gets impeached!

Sell covered calls maybe?

USCTrojanCPA said:
paydawg said:
aquabliss said:
paydawg said:

Sell covered calls maybe?

I'm going to let it ride!  Morgan Stanley just put a $30 price target on BAC. 

They also put a $154 target on AAPL. 

jmoney74 said:
Starting a new thread for stock picks.

Name off some hot ones to help TI members achieve their dreams. Currently I like financial stocks like BAC but that's slow moving. Please contribute.

It's been a month since this thread started and these bank stocks are still on fire.  BAC is up almost 11% since Feb 1. 

SNAP iPo is today and priced in last night at $17.

I like Apple because of buffet. Also like Facebook here.

Back