Snowflakes

Gucci has discontinued this sweater:

452CF5D0-4012-43BC-BAEF-3C4E96697010.jpeg

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...rry-discontinues-balaclava-jumper/2799227002/

Even 1/2 blackface is nogo.

Irvinecommuter said:
Happiness said:
Blackface was invented, promoted, and perpetuated by the entertainment industry so clearly Liberals and Dems cannot be blamed for it because there are no Liberals or Dems in the entertainment industry. Oh wait.

Waiting for someone to tell me that Lincoln was a Republican and Democrats were anti-civil rights.

Democrats are the party of black face, white hoods, and David Duke endorsements.

David Duke Defends Ilhan Omar From Anti-Semitism Accusations

Ilhan Omar had an unlikely defender on Monday amid the debate over whether her remarks about AIPAC were anti-Semitic: David Duke.

Duke, a Holocaust denier and the former Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, tried to back up Omar?s false claim that AIPAC pays politicians to be pro-Israel. ?The most powerful political moneybags in American politics are Zionists,? he tweeted.

Duke previously tried to insert himself into the political conversation last week, when he endorsed the Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard for president. Gabbard quickly denounced him and rejected the endorsement.

https://forward.com/fast-forward/419150/ilhan-omar-david-duke-aipac-zionist-antisemitic-kkk/

Liar Loan said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Happiness said:
Blackface was invented, promoted, and perpetuated by the entertainment industry so clearly Liberals and Dems cannot be blamed for it because there are no Liberals or Dems in the entertainment industry. Oh wait.

Waiting for someone to tell me that Lincoln was a Republican and Democrats were anti-civil rights.
Democrats are the party of black face, white hoods, and David Duke endorsements.

David Duke Defends Ilhan Omar From Anti-Semitism Accusations

Ilhan Omar had an unlikely defender on Monday amid the debate over whether her remarks about AIPAC were anti-Semitic: David Duke.

Duke, a Holocaust denier and the former Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, tried to back up Omar?s false claim that AIPAC pays politicians to be pro-Israel. ?The most powerful political moneybags in American politics are Zionists,? he tweeted.

Duke previously tried to insert himself into the political conversation last week, when he endorsed the Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard for president. Gabbard quickly denounced him and rejected the endorsement.

https://forward.com/fast-forward/419150/ilhan-omar-david-duke-aipac-zionist-antisemitic-kkk/

Really?  Cause Stephen Miller is still a top adviser to Donald Trump and Steve King was all about white nationalism not to far back...oh and who did Duke support in 2016?  I'm sure there are good people on both sides too!

I love how Trumpsters and conservative take relatively small things and blow them up while ignoring the the blatant issues within in their party. 

A top Virginia Republican has joined a growing list of Democrats under fire for past racially insensitive photos and costumes.

Virginia Senate Majority Leader Tommy Norment was the managing editor of Virginia Military Institute's 1968 yearbook, which includes photos of students wearing blackface and people holding Confederate flags. Racial slurs like the N-word were published in addition to Asian slurs used to identify a student from Thailand.
https://www.npr.org/2019/02/07/6924...68-yearbook-with-blackface-photos-racial-slur

And this guy:

5c573d18eb3ce812a22d25d5-750.jpg

Hmmm...

FT_19.02.11_BlackfaceHalloween_Whiteadultstwice_2.png

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/02/11/about-a-third-of-americans-say-blackface-in-a-halloween-costume-is-acceptable-at-least-sometimes/

Lastly...you want to argue economic philosophies and size of government...fine.  But don't even bother with the false equivalence on race and equality between Dems and GOP.  If you do not want to be associated with it...fine.  If you want to condemn racism and bigotry...great.  But don't tell me that GOP is looking out for minorities, women, or the poor...they are not. 

There are dozens of Democrats accused of wearing blackface and Irvinecommuter can only deflect:  "Muh white people".

Liar Loan said:
There are dozens of Democrats accused of wearing blackface and Irvinecommuter can only deflect:  "Muh white people".

Are you even white?
I know Morekas isn?t..but he act like he is in my opinion by his numerous comments. (I can say more than 1, let?s just say a lot)

He says he works in the financial industry. But a customer rep that answers phones technically works in the financial industry. (Yes, I can help you with your log in. I?m taking a guess.) lol

See, there is the poison of identity politics. "Acting" like a skin color.  I have never identified as non-white, white, green or purple (except in font)  You see how this little trope has driven the discussion to the real problem?  These stupid and petty examples are not the problem or the solution.  They are nit picky and trivial. It is what makes them so easy to make fun of.

morekaos said:
See, there is the poison of identity politics. "Acting" like a skin color.  I have never identified as non-white, white, green or purple (except in font)  You see how this little trope has driven the discussion to the real problem?  These stupid and petty examples are not the problem or the solution.  They are nit picky and trivial. It is what makes them so easy to make fun of.

Your from the Philippines bro. (remember that)

(Actually he?s not my brother. I was raised better to respect people. In my opinion)

For the record I met really kind and nice people that are from the Philippines. I just find it odd that you are against some people.

Wrong...my parents are from the Philippines, I am born and raise American.  But to me that would still make no difference,  I'm here and an american citizen.  That is how I identify.

morekaos said:
Wrong...my parents are from the Philippines, I am born and raise American.  But to me that would still make no difference,  I'm here and an american citizen.  That is how I identify.

Identity crisis?

See?  You assume (without knowing anything about a person)  I should have one but I don't. I am American,  Family descent is PI but that changes nothing about me. I am more than comfortable in my "skin".  All these snowflakes are the ones who itch so much wallowing in self-loathing guilt.  I got none of that.

Notice how eyephone launches into a racist attack against MoreKaos in response to a legitimate criticism of Democrats.  This is so telling.

morekaos said:
See?  You assume (without knowing anything about a person)  I should have one but I don't. I am American,  Family descent is PI but that changes nothing about me. I am more than comfortable in my "skin".  All these snowflakes are the ones who itch so much wallowing in self-loathing guilt.  I got none of that.

Don?t be ashame of your race. You should learn about the Philippines struggles in America. I took an Asian American course and learned about the struggles of Asians living in America. Things changed after the civil rights movement. So I find it odd that you are against certain people. But in essence if it wasn?t for MLK protest and march across the US. We would probably be segregated or have no rights. What are your thoughts?

eyephone said:
morekaos said:

Don?t be ashame of your race. You should learn about the Philippines struggles in America. I took an Asian American course and learned about the struggles of Asians living in America. Things changed after the civil rights movement. So I find it odd that you are against certain people. But in essence if it wasn?t for MLK protest and march across the US. We would probably be segregated. What are your thoughts?

Eye, I never said I was ashamed of it.  My family pretty much runs that joint. My Uncle was Vice President a few years back and my great Grandfather was President After the war.  I just don't "identify" with it when asked where I am from.  I am an American and proud of that and its heritage. You think social castes and racism are bad here?  It's crippling in the Philippines.  We are eons ahead of almost every country in our treatment of minorities and immigrants. One of the biggest lies about us that snowflakes believe and perpetuate.

morekaos said:
eyephone said:
morekaos said:

Don?t be ashame of your race. You should learn about the Philippines struggles in America. I took an Asian American course and learned about the struggles of Asians living in America. Things changed after the civil rights movement. So I find it odd that you are against certain people. But in essence if it wasn?t for MLK protest and march across the US. We would probably be segregated. What are your thoughts?

Eye, I never said I was ashamed of it.  My family pretty much runs that joint. My Uncle was Vice President a few years back and my great Grandfather was President After the war.  I just don't "identify" with it when asked where I am from.  I am an American and proud of that and its heritage. You think social castes and racism are bad here?  It's crippling in the Philippines.  We are eons ahead of almost every country in our treatment of minorities and immigrants. One of the biggest lies about us that snowflakes believe and perpetuate.

Again, you should learn about the struggles of Phil-Americans and other Asian Americans ain?t in US. Then you will understand the history or you can simply be a sell out.  ;)

On a different note. I remember YF aka Belly?s one of his first post on TI was about the Chinese American cop in New York.

morekaos said:
eyephone said:
morekaos said:

I love this mentality...WE DON'T NEED TO DO ANYTHING BECAUSE OTHER PLACES ARE WORSE!

I agree that racism is much worse elsewhere in this world but it does not make it right.  Poverty and starving people are worse elsewhere...does not mean that it is okay in the US. 

Eye, I am more than acquainted with Phil/Am struggles, politics and shortcomings. Like I said, my family was instrumental in securing Philippine Independence from the US.  Bit don't kid yourself, like any third world nation the corruption and dirty dealing is overwhelming.  In many ways Independence cut off their nose despite their face.  US rule there had its good points.  Look at the sate of affairs are there now.  Not ideal.

Back