Snowflakes

Love Scott Pruitt. I don't care he made a soundproof room. Can't blame these guys for being paranoid, and I am a huge "Denier" .

Blackface was invented, promoted, and perpetuated by the entertainment industry so clearly Liberals and Dems cannot be blamed for it because there are no Liberals or Dems in the entertainment industry. Oh wait.

Happiness said:
Blackface was invented, promoted, and perpetuated by the entertainment industry so clearly Liberals and Dems cannot be blamed for it because there are no Liberals or Dems in the entertainment industry. Oh wait.

This is why McCarthy the guy who took over for Paul Ryan took action against Steve King to serve on committees.

Representative Kevin McCarthy, the House Republican leader, on Sunday promised ?action? following the latest race-related remarks by Representative Steve King.

?Action will be taken,? McCarthy said Sunday of the Republican on CBS?s ?Face the Nation.? ?I?m having a serious conversation with Congressman Steve King on his future and role in this Republican Party."

McCarthy said the language used by King ?has no place in America? and added that he wouldn?t allow such words to continue ?to stand and have any role with us.?

GOP Senator Ted Cruz of Texas said King, who was co-chairman of his 2016 presidential campaign, ?needs to stop it.?

?What Steve King said was stupid,? Cruz said on NBC?s ?Meet the Press? on Sunday. ?It was stupid, it was hurtful, it was wrong."
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ction-on-steve-king-after-latest-race-remarks

Happiness said:

Waiting for someone to tell me that Lincoln was a Republican and Democrats were anti-civil rights.

Are the San Francisco 49'ers next.  I need to find out who the "some" are that are always "say"ing.  First, they came for the mascots....

Cal State Long Beach retires Prospector Pete mascot amid cries of racism and genocide during California gold rush

Cal State Long Beach is sending Prospector Pete packing.

The towering bronze statue that sits in the plaza outside the liberal arts building soon will be relocated to a less prominent place on campus as the university officially moves to retire the mascot that some say represents the state?s history of racism and genocide against Native Americans.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-prospector-pete-20180921-story.html

Irvinecommuter said:
Happiness said:

Waiting for someone to tell me that Lincoln was a Republican and Democrats were anti-civil rights.

The GOP leadership in the House of Representatives do not promote racist views from my previous article that I posted. Maybe we shouldn?t blame Republicans. Simply point the finger at Morekas for supporting those views.

(I knew about McCarthy?s statement long time ago. I?m not sure Morekas knew about it or maybe he doesn?t care. I was just holding it and see how far Morekas will take this. I?m playing chess while Morekas is playing checkers.) ;)

That's the point though. No one should care about these trivial nonsensical stories.  They diminish what is real racism by muddying the water with a non-issue.  You really think someone made the tenuous connection of Prospector Pete with racism?  Who is this snowflake?  NO one in the 30 years I have gone to CSLB events has EVER mentioned that connection...because it doesn't exist.  You cry wolf too often and soon no one will listen.

morekaos said:
That's the point though. No one should care about these trivial nonsensical stories.  They diminish what is real racism by muddying the water with a non-issue.  You really think someone made the tenuous connection of Prospector Pete with racism?  Who is this snowflake?  NO one in the 30 years I have gone to CSLB events has EVER mentioned that connection...because it doesn't exist.  You cry wolf too often and soon no one will listen.

We can do both!  We can deal with "real" racism and vestiges/symbols of racism at the same time!

Yes, real symbols are obvious, swastikas, hangman?s nooses, white hoods, these are clearly and somewhat unquestionably racist. Prospector Pete? Not so much. Who is the arbator of this new and nuanced racism? You? They got rid of the Aztec warrior mascot at SDSU, who was triggered by a race that has been extinct for centuries?  Who is next? Tommy Trojan because the ancient romans were a cruel people to...everyone?  Casper the friendly ghost cause he triggers my memories of my stillborn brother? This is ridiculous to the point of comedy...hence this thread.

morekaos said:
I don't care.

As I discovered at Berkeley as a young person, telling activists you don't care about their cause du jour drives them bonkers, far worse than disagreeing with them. But it was soooo fun to say "I don't care" to them.

#idon'tcare

Back