Shutters

Another thing about standard shutters if you have them split so the top half and bottom half can be angled independently, you typically have a huge horizontal piece of wood in the middle of the frame, which is much worse than just the little handle bars.

plantation-shutters-atlanta.jpg

broda said:
lucky did you get your shutters installed?  how do they look and how was the install?

I actually just gave them my deposit and it's estimated to be about 4 weeks before they are to be installed. I'll definitely update once all's said and done.

I got side tracked by something blitzjs said and Blinds and More sell...is the Norman shutters with the hidden tilt rod.  Not sure if that's something Shutters King does.

Did the research. Went with orange county shutters. Family owned is a plus and they have their contractor's license. Shutters look even better than expected and the pricing was up front and very competitive. Also was able to get draperies made by them as well. It was nice to have everything done at once. No regrets! I referred them to my neighbor as well and a friend from work as well.

M5BMW said:
Did the research. Went with orange county shutters. Family owned is a plus and they have their contractor's license. Shutters look even better than expected and the pricing was up front and very competitive. Also was able to get draperies made by them as well. It was nice to have everything done at once. No regrets! I referred them to my neighbor as well and a friend from work as well.

Do you know how much they do clearview for?  On the website the only pricing I found was at 15.95 / sq ft but I think that's the standard shutter. 

According to their license number #952124, they don't have a worker's compensation policy.

Yes, we got them on every window except ones where it's impossible (because there are three windows set into a single very wide frame).

We would have only done select windows if it cost any more than it did.

I have an appointment with Shutter Kings and Window Decorators tomorrow....  Will provide my impressions shortly after.

Orange County Shutters has the hidden tilt option. I am guessing that is what your asking about the clearview. I got it on my shutters on sale for 1.75 more per sq ft,  but I am not sure if that sale is still going on. It was suggested by the decorator who came out because of the square grids we have on our windows. It was a good suggestion and money well spent. As for the insurance I went to their facility to make sure they were legit and they had all the documents posted so that was good for me. I like that they have a place that I could go to just in case it was a good piece of mind. Everything went very smooth and flawless though. I would highly recommend giving them a shot.  Southern California Shutters

Pacific wholesale shutters and blinds, Express blinds, king shutters, they are all connected. Do your research, there is no way you can make a shutter from 100% basswood that cheap. They are made from Poplar wood and one coat of paint you get what you pay for. That's why Avalon shutters , goldenwest shutters, orange county shutters, and Elizabeth Shutters. They are 100% basswood. And cost more.

I got a quote from the following vendors for shutters this past weekend.

Shutter Kings -- Andy (Vietnamese guy) came out to do the measurements and showed me samples.  The price he quoted is $12/sq ft.  My total with him $3360 for 280 sq ft of windows plus your normal tax with a grand total of $3,654

Window Decorators -- Max & Tracy (Caucasian couple) came out to do the measurements and and quoted us $10.00/sq ft.  My total with them is $2820 for 282 sq ft of windows including tax for a grand total of $2,820

I'm leaning towards using Window Decorators.....  anyone here use them in the past?  What's your experience in working with them?

Shutter kings is connected to express which is Pacific Wholesale Shutters and Blinds. They have a very bad reputation.

I am pretty easy to please.. so I'm not sure if you want to use them or not.  They were the cheapest out of everyone.  My shutters took about 3.5 months from order to final install, so that was crappy.  After they installed it I found no problems with them.  They were just cheap ass Chinese shutters that work.  shrug.  I have no problems with them.

Give orange county shutters a try, they have great reviews. licensed and bonded contractors license. 100% basswood Lifetime warrantee, great price. They have done two of my homes. The installers where carpenter's not just installers. Waited 5 weeks, Shutters are beautiful .  :)
Southern California Shutters

Back