Short Rivian?

Take a good look at those March 70 puts...closed yesterday in the $5 range and as the stock dropped $20 plus points today, it went....down.  Closed $3.70x3.80 down $2.19.  Premium lost while the stock went in its direction...watch out.

morekaos said:
Take a good look at those March 70 puts...closed yesterday in the $5 range and as the stock dropped $20 plus points today, it went....down.  Closed $3.70x3.80 down $2.19.  Premium lost while the stock went in its direction...watch out.

I think it's due to the stock just went IPO and there was no good gauge on what the actual premium should be. And given that the stock was trading at $100 on IPO day, the assumption is that it would not drop below $100. If you look at all the sub $100 puts, they all dropped today.

From looking at the articles. It looks like a mini RV with the cooking and camping features.
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/rivian-r1t-coolest-electric-pickup-truck/

Its the hype! Some people say it is the coolest electric pickup truck. lol
The sliding kitchenette and rooftop tent. (optional)

Dont ask me how they are going to charge the vehicle at the campsite to drive back. Haha
It says 300 miles range for the low end and 400 miles for the high end battery. (Should be enough idk)

The Rivian product is decent but overpriced compared to the Ford Lightning and Cybertruck. Their advantage is they are out now as compared to a 1-2 year wait for the others... that alone can drive stock value.

Everything is going electric (despite morekaos' reluctance)... and infrastructure and battery technology will make range anxiety no big deal.

And Rivian has offices in Irvine... another plus. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
The Rivian product is decent but overpriced compared to the Ford Lightning and Cybertruck. Their advantage is they are out now as compared to a 1-2 year wait for the others... that alone can drive stock value.

Everything is going electric (despite morekaos' reluctance)... and infrastructure and battery technology will make range anxiety no big deal.

And Rivian has offices in Irvine... another plus. :)

Support local business! hehe

It?ll probably be just be another government subsidized, rich guys toy?nothing new here.. ;D ;D >:D

Electric Car Maker Fisker Files for Bankruptcy

The bankruptcy could become a political hot potato because the U.S. government had focused on Fisker to encourage the development of green energy,providing it with loans.

The Journal cited the Department of Energy as saying it had recovered $53 million of the $192 million Fisker owed to the government, leaving $139 million unpaid.
[url]https://www.industryweek.com/finance/article/21961699/electric-car-maker-fisker-files-for-bankruptcy
[/url]

Just need to haul some diesel generator and diesel fuel to charge the battery in the camp site.

eyephone said:
From looking at the articles. It looks like a mini RV with the cooking and camping features.

Dont ask me how they are going to charge the vehicle at the campsite to drive back. Haha
It says 300 miles range for the low end and 400 miles for the high end battery. (Should be enough idk)

The California Court Company said:
Just need to haul some diesel generator and diesel fuel to charge the battery in the camp site.

eyephone said:

Thanks for the post. That is an option.
I noticed that some camp sites have electric hookup. (trickle charge?)

...so the stock drops another 20 points and the March 70 put goes up $2, back to $5.  The stock has dropped $50 in two days and your option is essentially flat...careful, the guys who figure out that delta are very smart. >:D

Rivn isn't something I would trade myself but 70 is way out of the money. if it went from 3 to 5, that is a 67% gain. I'd be happy if I got that in a day or two.

So for calls and puts, are most money made when they are exercised or is it to sell the contract?

eyephone said:
The California Court Company said:

eyephone said:

Thanks for the post. That is an option.
I noticed that some camp sites have electric hookup. (trickle charge?)

Most RV campgrounds will have electric hookups (50 amp or 30 amp), but the appeal of a 4x4 is to go where normal RV's can't go. 

Another option that is popular with dry campers is portable solar panels.

Ready2Downsize said:
Rivn isn't something I would trade myself but 70 is way out of the money. if it went from 3 to 5, that is a 67% gain. I'd be happy if I got that in a day or two.

That would be true if you were lucky enough to buy it on yesterdays close but people here look like they grabbed it the day before when it was over $5...like comedy...timing is everything.

Ready2Downsize said:

Yeah, I think 70 is way out of the money. I bought another put yesterday to average down. I sold both puts this morning with a little gain.

I did one buy June $100 put yesterday since I figured that (1) it's after the lockup period and (2) $100 is much more achievable since it was trading at $100 on the IPO day.

Cares said:
So for calls and puts, are most money made when they are exercised or is it to sell the contract?

It takes a lot of money to exercise the call/put, so it's more profitable to sell the contract. And percentage wise, it's a whole lot more profitable to just trade calls/puts.

morekaos said:

These Option guys are amazing..revisit this trade after a month and a half of time premium lost, the stock is down another 30 points and the put?....Still arond $5.00...If you put that trade on in November , you took a lot of risk and are flat.

Ready2Downsize said:
BlackKnight said:
Just loaded 100 shares. Long on Rivian for at least 5 years. If it doesnt make it, it?s only a few grands.  :D

If you like Rivian u might want to take a flyer on Nikola
Lol Nikola. R u kidding me? Where is its founder who defrauded investors with rolling the truck down the hill for demonstration? Dude was trying so hard to prove his case on Twitter. 

Back