Short Rivian?

BlackKnight said:
Ready2Downsize said:
BlackKnight said:
Just loaded 100 shares. Long on Rivian for at least 5 years. If it doesnt make it, it?s only a few grands.  :D

If you like Rivian u might want to take a flyer on Nikola
Lol Nikola. R u kidding me? Where is its founder who defrauded investors with rolling the truck down the hill for demonstration? Dude was trying so hard to prove his case on Twitter.

Yeah, I would stay away from Nikola. I'm not invested in Rivian (bought a couple of puts when it was at $170, but sold for profit), but I hope it succeeds because I really dislike the way Cybertruck looks.

CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
Ready2Downsize said:
BlackKnight said:
Just loaded 100 shares. Long on Rivian for at least 5 years. If it doesnt make it, it?s only a few grands.  :D

Lol Nikola. R u kidding me? Where is its founder who defrauded investors with rolling the truck down the hill for demonstration? Dude was trying so hard to prove his case on Twitter.

Yeah, I would stay away from Nikola. I'm not invested in Rivian (bought a couple of puts when it was at $170, but sold for profit), but I hope it succeeds because I really dislike the way Cybertruck looks.

I dont do day trading. That?s not investment. I saw R1T on the road in Irvine last week. It looks beautiful. I trust my gut feelings.  It is the same I felt when i saw few model 3 driving around Irvine  four years ago. I loaded quite a few shares of Tesla right after that and still holding on to those shares till this day.

It?s only $10k in Rivian. High risk high reward. 😀 I think Rivian?s potential is totally worth the risk.

BlackKnight said:
CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
Ready2Downsize said:
BlackKnight said:

I dont do day trading. That?s not investment. I saw R1T on the road in Irvine last week. It looks beautiful. I trust my gut feelings.  It is the same I felt when i saw few model 3 driving around Irvine  four years ago. I loaded quite a few shares of Tesla right after that and still holding on to those shares till this day.

It?s only $10k in Rivian. High risk high reward. 😀 I think Rivian?s potential is totally worth the risk.
The only concern I have is the constant narrative that higher interest rates will cause unprofitable companies to collapse in a rising interest rate environment. Rivian and lucid fall into this category. I do think the narrative is quite BS since a lot of these companies are reinvesting in their business instead of pleasing wall st.

sleepy5136 said:
BlackKnight said:
CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
Ready2Downsize said:
BlackKnight said:

The only concern I have is the constant narrative that higher interest rates will cause unprofitable companies to collapse in a rising interest rate environment. Rivian and lucid fall into this category. I do think the narrative is quite BS since a lot of these companies are reinvesting in their business instead of pleasing wall st.

This may be the case with Lucid but not Rivian.  Considered rivalry between Bezos and Musk, no way Bezos would let Rivian failed. Worst case scenario, Amazon will take over Rivian.  Bezos needs his delivery fleet going green by 2030.

BlackKnight said:
sleepy5136 said:

This may be the case with Lucid but not Rivian.  Considered rivalry between Bezos and Musk, no way Bezos would let Rivian failed. Worst case scenario, Amazon will take over Rivian.  Bezos needs his delivery fleet going green by 2030.

Agreed. If worse comes to worst, Bezos will just pump money into Rivian. Rivian has the orders. Just need to ramp up production, which will be a bit troublesome initially, until the chip shortage eases off, most likely in 2023.

CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
sleepy5136 said:

Agreed. If worse comes to worst, Bezos will just pump money into Rivian. Rivian has the orders. Just need to ramp up production, which will be a bit troublesome initially, until the chip shortage eases off, most likely in 2023.
Ah I wasn?t aware about the Amazon factor. That could potentially hurt amazons earnings. That stock has gone sideways for the past year or two. Although I do think Amazon could post crazy numbers if it wanted to but instead they are constantly investing in the future.

sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
sleepy5136 said:

Ah I wasn?t aware about the Amazon factor. That could potentially hurt amazons earnings. That stock has gone sideways for the past year or two. Although I do think Amazon could post crazy numbers if it wanted to but instead they are constantly investing in the future.

Basically, Amazon has 20% stake in Rivian. Amazon also placed an order for 100,000 electric last-mile delivery vans from Rivian to be delivered by 2030. Amazon hopes to have 10,000 of them on the road as early as next year.

The question is, can Rivian ramp up production? Chip shortage is expected to last throughout 2022 and will only ease off in 2023.

CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
sleepy5136 said:

Basically, Amazon has 20% stake in Rivian. Amazon also placed an order for 100,000 electric last-mile delivery vans from Rivian to be delivered by 2030. Amazon hopes to have 10,000 of them on the road as early as next year.

The question is, can Rivian ramp up production? Chip shortage is expected to last throughout 2022 and will only ease off in 2023.
20% is an understatement. Bezos wants to fully automate last mile delivery and cut fuel costs.  RJ Scaringe needs AWS power and Amazon capital in order to compete with other big boys.

If you guys want to make a few bucks....keep selling weekly out-of-money puts on PTON.  I've been doing it for the month and it's like a little printing press.

USCTrojanCPA said:
If you guys want to make a few bucks....keep selling weekly out-of-money puts on PTON.  I've been doing it for the month and it's like a little printing press.

An interesting trading stock since you've been selling your puts. It's obviously in a downtrend but looking closer it has smaller moves of 12-25% losses (intraday high to intraday low) 2-7 days (lower number of days when it's "more sideways than down and higher number of days when it's slipping more) interspersed with 10-18% rallies from intraday lows to intraday highs 1-3 days long.

Are you planning on selling puts after new years? (I'm thinking they might warn and get a bigger move down than they've had since the last gap down).

Ready2Downsize said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

An interesting trading stock since you've been selling your puts. It's obviously in a downtrend but looking closer it has smaller moves of 12-25% losses (intraday high to intraday low) 2-7 days (lower number of days when it's "more sideways than down and higher number of days when it's slipping more) interspersed with 10-18% rallies from intraday lows to intraday highs 1-3 days long.

Are you planning on selling puts after new years? (I'm thinking they might warn and get a bigger move down than they've had since the last gap down).

I've also been selling out of the money calls on any pops (like today).  There is huge implied volatility so the option premiums are high.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Ready2Downsize said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

I've also been selling out of the money calls on any pops (like today).  There is huge implied volatility so the option premiums are high.

Wish I had seen this stock before you mentioned it. I didn't even notice how frequent the huge moves are because they look like little blips. Once I actually looked at intraday highs and lows I new this has been heaven for swing traders.

So I'm thinking this coronavirus could give us a substantial pull back. I'm guessing the headlines will be a million US cases in a day by Monday (assuming there is enough testing done). It seems that it's a much less deadly virus but enough cases could mean lots of workers not at work and a lot more in the hospital putting a real strain on things for a couple weeks at least.

Ready2Downsize said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Ready2Downsize said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Wish I had seen this stock before you mentioned it. I didn't even notice how frequent the huge moves are because they look like little blips. Once I actually looked at intraday highs and lows I new this has been heaven for swing traders.

So I'm thinking this coronavirus could give us a substantial pull back. I'm guessing the headlines will be a million US cases in a day by Monday (assuming there is enough testing done). It seems that it's a much less deadly virus but enough cases could mean lots of workers not at work and a lot more in the hospital putting a real strain on things for a couple weeks at least.
I might be wrong but I believe the bottom was in before Xmas. Unless some other variant is introduced that is more deadly, having more cases doesn?t really mean much unless it leads to higher hospitalization and death rates which is not the case currently. Of course things could change. I feel like inflation data points could be more of a factor in market volatility more so than covid at this point.

Seeing more Rivians around Irvine... all employees but it's a nice truck with tons of features... and the reviews are positive.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Ready2Downsize said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Hope no one has sold puts on pton this week.

Back