Shady Canyon

The rumor is that 59 Boulder View is in escrow for around ONE MILLION DOLLARS less than the asking price. Anyone know if this is true?

Just found this interesting:

<a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/2-Vernal-Spg-92603/home/5899774">2 Vernal Spring</a> listed on 3/30/2009 for $4,150,000.

Later, <a href="http://www.mcmoniglegroup.com/certainsale/pll/listing_detail/?ID=1356">2 Vernal Spring also</a> became one of John McMonigle's "90 Day Certain Sale" properties with "Buy It Now" price of $3,966,037. The current high bidder on McMonigle's auction is $3,100,500. The listing price has been lowered to $3,695,000. Does that mean the "Buy it Now" price has also been lowered?

[quote author="working poor" date=1240923090]$402 SQ FT for a custom. Is this a foreclosure or a Trust Sale?

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/41-Golden-Eagle-92603/home/5856053</blockquote>

It says it's an auction, so thats the starting price? couldn't find the auction website though

It appears that <a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/98-Canyon-Crk-92603/home/5929801">98 Canyon Creek</a> was getting too many offers and the owner felt it necessary to increase the price. We previewed this home this past weekend. It is ... well, interesting.

I have come to a personal conclusion regarding Shady Canyon. Many of the homes there are amazing, but aesthetically the neighborhood is no big shakes. As a previous poster posted, "You can get the same views in Corona."

[quote author="awgee" date=1241036943]It appears that <a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/98-Canyon-Crk-92603/home/5929801">98 Canyon Creek</a> was getting too many offers and the owner felt it necessary to increase the price. We previewed this home this past weekend. It is ... well, interesting.

I have come to a personal conclusion regarding Shady Canyon. Many of the homes there are amazing, but aesthetically the neighborhood is no big shakes. As a previous poster posted, "You can get the same views in Corona."</blockquote>
I'm sure they must be beating off the buyers and they had no other choice than to raise the asking price.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1241038837][quote author="awgee" date=1241036943]It appears that <a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/98-Canyon-Crk-92603/home/5929801">98 Canyon Creek</a> was getting too many offers and the owner felt it necessary to increase the price. We previewed this home this past weekend. It is ... well, interesting.

I have come to a personal conclusion regarding Shady Canyon. Many of the homes there are amazing, but aesthetically the neighborhood is no big shakes. As a previous poster posted, "You can get the same views in Corona."</blockquote>
I'm sure they must be beating off the buyers and they had no other choice than to raise the asking price.</blockquote>

That must be it because they raised the price today by another $200,000.

Or maybe they have given up on selling it and are ..., I dunno.

This never lived in Glass house first went on the market almost three years ago. Hmm-m-m-m, maybe they ought to <strong>LOWER</strong> the price. <strong>A LOT!</strong> Like maybe a couple or three or four million. Oh heck, they must know what they are doing? Right?

[quote author="awgee" date=1241335968][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1241038837][quote author="awgee" date=1241036943]It appears that <a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/98-Canyon-Crk-92603/home/5929801">98 Canyon Creek</a> was getting too many offers and the owner felt it necessary to increase the price. We previewed this home this past weekend. It is ... well, interesting.

I'm sure they must be beating off the buyers and they had no other choice than to raise the asking price.</blockquote>

That must be it because they raised the price today by another $200,000.

Or maybe they have given up on selling it and are ..., I dunno.

This never lived in Glass house first went on the market almost three years ago. Hmm-m-m-m, maybe they ought to <strong>LOWER</strong> the price. <strong>A LOT!</strong> Like maybe a couple or three or four million. Oh heck, they must know what they are doing? Right?</blockquote>
Wow, there must be a bidding war if they keep raising the price. I find it funny how you get such a tiny lot for such a HUGE home...about $7MM and you don't even get an acre??? Also, from the pictures the home looks very cold and sterile or maybe that's just because it's empty with no furnishings.

[quote author="awgee" date=1240445947]Just received a note from Redfin that the status on 72 Golden Eagle has changed from "active" to "contingent."</blockquote>

Just received another note from Redfin that the status on 72 Golden Eagle has changed from "contingent" to "active." Maybe the buyer was trying for a no doc loan and it just didn't happen for him.

[quote author="ipoplaya" date=1242944054]12 Prairie Grass closed on 5/19 for $2.5M.</blockquote>

Wow - and the real estate agent gave me a funny look when I told her it wouldn't sell for over $2.6MM because that's what 6 prairie grass sold for and was the largest model and this one is the smallest...then she tried with the old - but you cant use that as a comp because it was a foreclosure!

[quote author="EquityMind" date=1242971220][quote author="ipoplaya" date=1242944054]12 Prairie Grass closed on 5/19 for $2.5M.</blockquote>

Wow - and the real estate agent gave me a funny look when I told her it wouldn't sell for over $2.6MM because that's what 6 prairie grass sold for and was the largest model and this one is the smallest...then she tried with the old - but you cant use that as a comp because it was a foreclosure!</blockquote>
You should call her back and tell her...."told ya so bizatch"

Can anyone tell me if there are ever open houses on the weekends in Shady Canyon that would allow entry for a pawn like myself? My wife and I would love to drive around Shady Canyon just to take a look at the area and the homes inside the pearly gates (from the outside).

We don't know anyone that lives there so never had an opportunity to get in, thought about blowing past the guarded gate but then decided I didnt want to be the subject of a new post here...

[quote author="Aqua Bliss" date=1243048668]Can anyone tell me if there are ever open houses on the weekends in Shady Canyon that would allow entry for a pawn like myself? My wife and I would love to drive around Shady Canyon just to take a look at the area and the homes inside the pearly gates (from the outside).

We don't know anyone that lives there so never had an opportunity to get in, thought about blowing past the guarded gate but then decided I didnt want to be the subject of a new post here...</blockquote>
If you buy me lunch and I get to sit in the backseat while you drive, I'll play realtor and have the guard open the gates of heaven for us. haha

[quote author="Aqua Bliss" date=1243048668]Can anyone tell me if there are ever open houses on the weekends in Shady Canyon that would allow entry for a pawn like myself? My wife and I would love to drive around Shady Canyon just to take a look at the area and the homes inside the pearly gates (from the outside).

We don't know anyone that lives there so never had an opportunity to get in, thought about blowing past the guarded gate but then decided I didnt want to be the subject of a new post here...</blockquote>

Know the address of the home you know will be having an open house and the name of the listing agent. Tell same to the guard and he will let you in. USCtrojanman can find out a list of open houses in Shady for you.

Or you can PM bk... he's got the hook-ups.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1243049350][quote author="Aqua Bliss" date=1243048668]Can anyone tell me if there are ever open houses on the weekends in Shady Canyon that would allow entry for a pawn like myself? My wife and I would love to drive around Shady Canyon just to take a look at the area and the homes inside the pearly gates (from the outside).

If you buy me lunch and I get to sit in the backseat while you drive, I'll play realtor and have the guard open the gates of heaven for us. haha</blockquote>

Haha! I guess there are benefits to having a RE license. USCtrojanman...here's an even better idea. How about loading up a van full of realtors and have aqua bliss buy everyone a free lunch. Haha! You can call it a grand tour.

Back