SCOTUS

zubs said:
Obviously the democrats are doing all they can to stop this man from becoming a supreme court justice. 

That's what I'm worried about. This Ford thing obviously has no legs to stand on. I'm worried about what comes next when the Ford thing fails. Desperate people do desperate things. Never underestimate a Lib backed into a corner, they are capable of anything.

Happiness said:
zubs said:
Obviously the democrats are doing all they can to stop this man from becoming a supreme court justice. 

That's what I'm worried about. This Ford thing obviously has no legs to stand on. I'm worried about what comes next when the Ford thing fails. Desperate people do desperate things. Never underestimate a Lib backed into a corner, they are capable of anything.

Ladies and gentlemen , this is how the mind of a Fox News addled conservative thinks ? exhibit A

all the dems care about is pushing headlines.  it doesn't matter if it's true or not.  throw enough accusations, with no facts or witnesses to back them up, and all the public sees is that there are 3 accusations against this guy.  unfortunately, most of the american public doesn't read past the headlines or the 30 second spot on the evening news, so it will be enough to convict kavanaugh in the court of public opinion.

Kings said:
all the dems care about is pushing headlines.  it doesn't matter if it's true or not.  throw enough accusations, with no facts or witnesses to back them up, and all the public sees is that there are 3 accusations against this guy.  unfortunately, most of the american public doesn't read past the headlines or the 30 second spot on the evening news, so it will be enough to convict kavanaugh in the court of public opinion.

Why not address it? Trump or the judiciary committee can order an FBI investigation.

Maybe that vacant seat will never be filled. We can just wait for judges to retire or die off and then we'll have no problems with ties.

Ginsberg and Clarence Thomas are probably the first to go.

I can say this................ for the first time in my life I'm embarrased to be an American.

Ready2Downsize said:
Maybe that vacant seat will never be filled. We can just wait for judges to retire or die off and then we'll have no problems with ties.

I can say this................ for the first time in my life I'm embarrased to be an American.

You can?t tell me. He was the best candidate that Trump had to choose from. (If it doesn?t go well for Judge K. I?m waiting for Trump to blame someone and say it?s not his fault.) lol

All of this could have been avoided if McConnell would have held hearings for Garland. Personally, I'm more concerned how this nomination was just handed to Kavanaugh from Kennedy. It's like he was already groomed from birth to be Supreme Court Justice and would have become one no matter what.

Loco_local said:
All of this could have been avoided if McConnell would have held hearings for Garland. Personally, I'm more concerned how this nomination was just handed to Kavanaugh from Kennedy. It's like he was already groomed from birth to be Supreme Court Justice and would have become one no matter what.

The Trump family knows the Kennedy family very well. (Like very close)

Dresden215 said:
Anyone read Ford's letter to Feinstein? Don't know if this letter is authentic. If it is, it sure has a lot of grammatical errors for someone with a PhD. Looks like a millennial wrote it and not a Gen X woman.

https://www.axios.com/brett-kavanaugh-christine-blasey-ford-feinstein-letter-9337f417-1078-4334-8a81-c2b4fc051f99.html

She must have a lot of miles on her car! She was vacationing in the mid atlantic in Aug (where her relatives are) so since she is afraid to fly (which is why she couldn't possibly get to DC by Monday) I guess she just drove to and from CA to the east coast and now has to unfortunately drive back for the hearing she wants to delay (again). She is the only person who has not made a statement under oath despite the fact that she was given the opportunity to speak by phone or have the committee come to her.

It looks like she never thought it would go this far and is doing everything she can to NOT testify.

The judiciary committee will not reveal the name of the outside council to question Ford.
(Top secret?)

Circus status

There should be a dedicated camera to focus on Ted Cruz at the judiciary hearing since he is a good friend of Kavanaugh.

(Recusal from the committee?)

Dresden215 said:
Anyone read Ford's letter to Feinstein? Don't know if this letter is authentic. If it is, it sure has a lot of grammatical errors for someone with a PhD. Looks like a millennial wrote it and not a Gen X woman.

https://www.axios.com/brett-kavanaugh-christine-blasey-ford-feinstein-letter-9337f417-1078-4334-8a81-c2b4fc051f99.html

feinstein should be impeached (the left's favorite word) from the judiciary committee for withholding this information since july.  want to talk about obstruction of justice (the left's favorite phrase)? this is literally obstructing justice (kavanaugh).

Ready2Downsize said:

Ha ha this is good

I guess trump makes you proud every day ? How do you explain him to your kids ?

fortune11 said:
Ready2Downsize said:

Ha ha this is good

I guess trump makes you proud every day ? How do you explain him to your kids ?

My kids? LOL!!!! My baby is getting married in less than two weeks. She is almost the age I was when she was born...?????. I'm twice her age and she is my last kid. The others are even older!

My kids aren't stupid. They don't need their mommy to explain anything to them.

eyephone said:
There should be a dedicated camera to focus on Ted Cruz at the judiciary hearing since he is a good friend of Kavanaugh.

(Recusal from the committee?)

Dr. Ford doesn't want one. She specifically said ONLY ONE camera.

Back