SCOTUS

irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:
I just don't think she is bright enough to get through the confirmation process.

What are you saying here? How do you know this?

I met her once, long ago...have several friends in California government...one at the assembly level and one at the congressional level.  The word that all of them use to describe Kamala?...."Vapid".  Turn off the lights and the teleprompter and she has nothing to say..It's scary she is in the position she's in but to go through a public Senate confirmation hearing would be truly embarrassing. Not our best and brightest.

Kamala loses her TENTH staffer since June: VP's National Security Adviser Nancy McEldowney joins staff exodus after widely-criticized trip to Poland and Romania
McEldowney will be succeeded by her deputy Philip Gordon, according to an internal email
She said that she is stepping down to 'focus on some pressing personal matters'
McEldowney is a 31-year veteran of Foreign Service, having served as ambassador to Bulgaria, and deputy chief of mission in both Azerbaijan and Turkey
Last week Harris' deputy press secretary Sabrina Singh revealed she is moving to the Defense Department
It marks the latest departure as Harris looks to recover from poor poll ratings
Last year Harris was rocked by reports of unhappiness in her office
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...cy-McEldowney-stepping-10th-staffer-June.html

I heard negative things from a friend about kamala as well.
But it could be just boys hating on ambitious women syndrome...

If dems wanna win more they need to run more white males.

KBJ does seem pretty qualified. Just the optic is bad that she is chosen based on skin color.

Kamala on the other hand...https://youtu.be/I7NHMPwtEpI

When the reporter asked her about US inflation, she wanted the Poland president to answer first? Lol. Then she completely gave an answer on the wrong subject, talking about the regional stability, and even that she just wants us to look at the map without giving anything of substance???

So we can look at the map because duh, Poland is bordering to Ukraine?

akula1488 said:
KBJ does seem pretty qualified. Just the optic is bad that she is chosen based on skin color.

Hold on folks, I'm going to agree with Akula.

Biden half tanked the nomination and gave cannon fodder to the GOP by throwing bones to the base.

He should have just said he would nominate the person he thinks can best fulfill the duties of Supreme Court Justice for the country.  And then nominate her at the appropriate time.

I am a moderate...I am also pro Ukraine and I can agree with some of the points from Bernie and Young...

nosuchreality said:
akula1488 said:

Hold on folks, I'm going to agree with Akula.

Biden half tanked the nomination and gave cannon fodder to the GOP by throwing bones to the base.

He should have just said he would nominate the person he thinks can best fulfill the duties of Supreme Court Justice for the country.  And then nominate her at the appropriate time.

irvinehomeowner said:
You're talking about Kamala... I thought you were talking about Kentaji Brown Jackson.

@morekaos: So is Kentaji bright enough or not? You keep mixing your people up... you are Bidening.

Already answered that?

irvinehomeowner said:
irvinehomeowner said:
You're talking about Kamala... I thought you were talking about Kentaji Brown Jackson.

@morekaos: So is Kentaji bright enough or not? You keep mixing your people up... you are Bidening.

I didn't mix anyone up, you did (better reading comprehension). ;D ;D >:D  I actually liked her acceptance speech but if you can't define what a woman is, that's pretty basic.  I am not a veterinarian but I know what a dog is.

morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:
irvinehomeowner said:

[size=12pt]I didn't mix anyone up, you did (better reading comprehension). ;D ;D >:D 

This is classic.  IHO is showing his age for sure.

Liar Loan said:
morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:
irvinehomeowner said:

[size=12pt]I didn't mix anyone up, you did (better reading comprehension). ;D ;D >:D 

This is classic.  IHO is showing his age for sure.

Liar Loan stalking me because he still can't get over being wrong about Irvine pain... showing his pettiness... classic.

morekaos said:
Here we go...He can nominate a black woman and keep his campaign promise, and dump his crappy VP and kill three birds with one stone.  I just don't think she is bright enough to get through the confirmation process.  In leu of that threefer...here are a few of his other choices.  Any way you cut it, it's going to be a push for the court.

@morekaos: Here is your quote. When you say "you don't think she is bright enough to get through the confirmation process"... who are you talking about?

And then when I asked you, this was your answer:

morekaos said:
I met her once, long ago...have several friends in California government...one at the assembly level and one at the congressional level.  The word that all of them use to describe Kamala?...."Vapid".  Turn off the lights and the teleprompter and she has nothing to say..It's scary she is in the position she's in but to go through a public Senate confirmation hearing would be truly embarrassing. Not our best and brightest.

I'm asking about Kantaji and you are answering with some situation with Kamala.

It's not my reading comprehension, it's your sentence structure which is why I'm asking for clarification.

irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:
I just don't think she is bright enough to get through the confirmation process.

What are you saying here? How do you know this?

I was talking about Kamala the whole time?re read the original post. You then ask how I know this?(you think I?m talking about Kantaji, she hadn?t even been nominated yet.) I answer about Kamala. ?you read it wrong. I was consistent.

On Jan 26, we already knew 4 possible candidates and Kantaji was one of them. When you talk about the confirmation process, it seems like you are referring to the candidates (why would Kamala be going through a confirmation process?).

Not even sure why you are talking about Kamala in a SCOTUS thread but I think you can understand my confusion here.

So let's level set... are you okay with Kantaji?

irvinehomeowner said:
On Jan 26, we already knew 4 possible candidates and Kantaji was one of them. When you talk about the confirmation process, it seems like you are referring to the candidates (why would Kamala be going through a confirmation process?).

Not even sure why you are talking about Kamala in a SCOTUS thread but I think you can understand my confusion here.

It was more of an observation that the opening gave Brandon the opportunity to dump his vapid VP and nominate a successor in one easy shot but she probably was too stupid to make it through the confirmation process...could kill a bunch of birds with one stone.  As for this confirmation it is a push for the court so it is not surprising to me that Brandon nominated a partisan who can't even answer simple questions about what a woman is or whether a fetus is racist...instead she evaded the obvious answers to hide a future agenda.  Is she qualified?...probably...do I support her nomination..NO. 

Cruz was on fire yesterday. This nominee's testimony will be juicy fodder for the GOP in the midterms. I'm getting a copy of Anti Racist Baby.

morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:

It was more of an observation that the opening gave Brandon the opportunity to dump his vapid VP and nominate a successor in one easy shot but she probably was too stupid to make it through the confirmation process...could kill a bunch of birds with one stone.  As for this confirmation it is a push for the court so it is not surprising to me that Brandon nominated a partisan who can't even answer simple questions about what a woman is or whether a fetus is racist...instead she evaded the obvious answers to hide a future agenda.  Is she qualified?...probably...do I support her nomination..NO. 

@morekaos: Thanks for clearing that up... sort of. Who is "too stupid" here? Sounds like you're talking about someone else now. :)

Just trying to understand your position. I don't usually take someone's assessment of intelligence without context and sounds like you're just making a statement of opinion rather than fact.

I will agree that Kamala's reputation seems... mean? Much like Hillary... but I have no proof or knowledge of that like you would.

Omg he was so funny?.

CRUZ: "I?m a Hispanic man, could I decide if I was an Asian man. Would I have the ability to be an Asian man and challenge Harvard?s discrimination because I made that decision??

Cruz went about this the wrong way. I'd ask it in this manner to get an answer of legal substance.

"I am a man. I've committed a crime. I'm in your present courtroom - not the Supreme Court, as you are assigned to judge my case. This morning, I now identify as female... a 10 year old female. My view of reality is my truth, and truth is what the law is there to protect. Are you now required to re-assign my case to Juvenile Court, and also remand me to a female only youth facility?

If not, why not?

The candidate for SCOTUS cannot comment on a future issue before the court. A candidate can comment on a case that would be brought to their own court.

This will be another 51/50 vote and all the bread and circus machinations we've seen over the past few days is not going to move the needle. 51/50... appropriate for the crazy times we're in, no?

Back