Save the Memorial Park! Vote No on Measure B ballot June 5th

Burn That Belly said:
I See Dead People: Do Homes Near Cemeteries Sell Well?

Homes Near Cemeteries Sell for More: We?re Dead Serious.

Redfin analyzed the price of homes less than 50 feet from a cemetery, and compared those to the price of homes less than 100, 200, 500 and 1,000 yards away. The numbers indicate that on average, homes near cemeteries are slightly smaller, but sell for more per square foot. On average, homes closest to cemeteries sold for $162 dollars per square foot, whereas the homes located more than 500 yards away sold for $145 per square foot.
https://www.redfin.com/blog/2013/10/i-see-dead-people-do-homes-near-cemeteries-sell-well.html

There you have it boys. A 'No on B' will ensure MAX appreciation just like MAX rebates.  ;D  I trust Redfin with their big data mining.

Don?t you get it? It ain?t about homes values. It?s about Agran phony slogan Save The Vet bullshit that stooges like you standing tall and pound your chest don?t know shit about it. Dummies.

If not for Larry Agran, there would be no Great Park, no Great Park Neighborhoods, and no 5P.

Just like most people assumed Hillary would become president, most people here in OC and the OC Board of Supervisors assumed MCAS El Toro would become Orange County Internatioal Airport. The FAA already allocated the code OCX to El Toro.

Larry Agran spearheaded the ultimate underdog campaign and defeated the airport paving the way for the Great Park and for Lennar's purchase of it. Lennar created 5P in order to hold its El Toro acquisition.

Lennar/5P has enjoyed massive profits from Larry Agran's work. As Starman would say, 5P is the ultimate ingrate to criticize Agran now over such a trival issue as the location of the Veterans cemetery.

Compressed-Village said:
No BurnThatBelly=YellowFever=Jizzman=bangsbro you going to nuke all of this posits after June 5 and comes up with another screen name?

It?s called rebranding. (Brand reboot)

Happiness said:
If not for Larry Agran, there would be no Great Park, no Great Park Neighborhoods, and no 5P.

Just like most people assumed Hillary would become president, most people here in OC and the OC Board of Supervisors assumed MCAS El Toro would become Orange County Internatioal Airport. The FAA already allocated the code OCX to El Toro.

Larry Agran spearheaded the ultimate underdog campaign and defeated the airport paving the way for the Great Park and for Lennar's purchase of it. Lennar created 5P in order to hold its El Toro acquisition.

Lennar/5P has enjoyed massive profits from Larry Agran's work. As Starman would say, 5P is the ultimate ingrate to criticize Agran now over such a trival issue as the location of the Veterans cemetery.
That may be true about the airport, but wasn?t it under him about the wasteful >$200m spending on GP?  Seems like he?s going to do anything against 5P

Burn That Belly said:
Lastly, I like feeding strawberries to my cats. I don't want to lose another strawberry field to greedy developers.  ;D

This is my opinion. But clearly, some folks out there will take it too personal and claim I'm the Agran crowd. Never met the guy. Don't even give AF who he is. I probably cut the man off once with my pushrod.
Like how EW and SG used to be nursery and strawberry fields. Greedy TIC! Lol

Happiness said:

Larry Agran spearheaded everything with lies and fearmongering, and the gullible bought into his lies by the thousands, just as the  gullible bought into Hillary's endless lies.

Lie #1:  The sky will be full of airplanes.

(Well, no, that was contradicted by Agran Lie #2.)

Lie #2:  We don't NEED El Toro International.  John Wayne is just fine.

(This contradiction of Lie #1 was overlooked by Agran's gullible followers.  It was also contradicted by the facts of far higher air fares from John Wayne due to only one runway, 5,200 feet long, with limited hours.)

Lie #3:  It will be really really noisy. 

(This was contradicted by results of the test flights, which we never heard at our home near I-5.  We heard military aircraft all the time, as well as helicopters.  They never affected home values.)

Lie #4:  Home prices will go down.

(Manhattan Beach.)

It's pretty sad when you have to have election after election until you get the result you demanded so impetuously, so selfishly, but NIMBYs don't give a damn about anything or anybody but themselves.

So how's that "world class university" and "world class museum" .coming along, all "to be built with private funding"?    Massive failure, built on lies and fearmongering.  Sounds just like Hillary. 

Lie #5:  "Noise kills."

[When the *expert* stood up before an auditorium  of hundreds, proclaiming one lie after another, I repeatedly challenged his lies.  "Can anyone in this auditorium claim that they have read one obituary that said this person was killed by noise?  Anyone?"
Nobody said a word.]

Lie #6:  Diagram of aircraft, filling the sky, their wingspans three miles wide.

[I stood up again, asking if that diagram was in proportion - if commercial aircraft were really three miles  wide.  Again, silence.  Many haters no doubt were present, and yet not ONE of them screamed out "Go f*** yourself."    Such is their cowardice.]

Not that this dead horse needs beating again, but the "noise tests" for the proposed El Toro International Airport were fixed. The pro-airport folk flew virtually empty planes under non-real world conditions which created less noise than if they were fully loaded and taking off every 5-10 minutes. When these planes flew over RSM, it became loud and clear why the ETIA needed to be strangled in it's crib. I'm proud to have been a part of burying this bad idea.

As for the cemetery Memorial Park - who cares if it's on the Base or off, just build the dang thing. As someone who does not live in the City, the new site near the freeway is preferred - similar to the one along the 405 in Santa Monica. I'd rather see it during my commute as a daily reminder of the ultimate sacrifice made by the armed services than to miss it completely if on the Base.

My .02c

IMO the airport proposal was made less attractive by events of 9/11 and >30% drop in passengers at the time.

momopi said:
IMO the airport proposal was made less attractive by events of 9/11 and >30% drop in passengers at the time.

Maybe a big scale (big time) military themed musuem would have been a better idea.

Back