Santa Barbara in Woodbury

To be honest, I really feel that I've missed the boat on Santa Barbara. After touring the new homes in Woodbury, Woodbury East, Portola Spring, I think the location of Woodbury is worth the premium. Santa Barbara is probably the last good one in Woodbury for this price.

I was so late in the game for Santa Barbara. I like the plan, location and the price range, not to mention that the timing for interest rate is perfect for Phase 1 & 2. The houses in current phase won't be ready until Summer 2011 which is way too long for the wait...

Esplanade has obviously failed on the floor plan design...

I'm actually quite jealous of the new SB homeowners, especially for the early phases...  8)
Congrats to you all!

Other than that it's in Woodbury, I wouldn't fret too much about missing out. With TIC being the developer and builder of SB, I would not be surprised to see them come back later in a future development, particularly due to brisk sales in WB.

They accelerated phase releases late last month. While demand is a factor, I suspect they're trying to minimize competition with Esplanade and the new townhomes in Stonegate East. Also they may be pushing sales forward to get buyers to commit now with the $10k deposit-and make it hard for them to walk away from even if the RE market turns sour in the next 6-8 months.

jumpcut said:
iphb said:
Other than that it's in Woodbury, I wouldn't fret too much about missing out. With TIC being the developer and builder of SB, I would not be surprised to see them come back later in a future development, particularly due to brisk sales in WB.

They accelerated phase releases late last month. While demand is a factor, I suspect they're trying to minimize competition with Esplanade and the new townhomes in Stonegate East. Also they may be pushing sales forward to get buyers to commit now with the $10k deposit-and make it hard for them to walk away from even if the RE market turns sour in the next 6-8 months.

I'm sure every developer wishes they could accelerate phase releases at will.  The fact that people are swarming to these as fast as they release phases is amazing.

It's the result of very focused buyer interest: Irvine, new development, prices competitive with resales. This interest will migrate to future new developments in Irvine and compete with resale areas, which WB will soon become.

iphb said:

I hope you are right. The other reason is that originally I wanted to move out of Woodbury East (apartment) by the year end. I guess I may have to rent for another year or so.
I'll keep looking...

Is anyone on the board moving into Santa Barbara phase 1?  The homes are going up super fast. Any comments on quality of construction?  Will you be having a home inspector check out your new home?

Has anyone gotten a price sheet recently?  On the Irvine website it has plan 3x listed as low 600s which is at least a 60k increase of the price in June  ???

Visited the office last Sunday...there are still some lots available, but I would go in there soon if you're interested.

The 4Q homes already built out for sale look pretty nice and are nicely upgraded for the prices they're at. But I didn't like the fact that there's no patio or patio balcony like in Santa Barbara.

jumpcut said:
blitzjs, if you like SB you might want to check out 4Q.  When I was in the Stonetree model last weekend, the guy said they already had all-cash buyers for 4Q.  New Home Company is a higher end builder (Carmel, Lambert Ranch) than Cal Pac and he said these were designed by the same architect that used to do all the custom homes for Laing Luxury in Crystal Cove.  I didn't take the price sheet, but I recall it wasn't out of line with SB.

I did take the blueberry muffins though.

Thanks for the suggestion.  We originally liked SB because we thought it had a decent layout (except it had no side yard/patio) and the price was well under budget (this is when 3X was under 550k).  We are also considering Casero, Sevilla and Santa Cruz but we're having a really hard time deciding.  I remember we looked at 4Q when they launched many years back, but I'll give the floor plans another look over.

blitzjs said:
Has anyone gotten a price sheet recently?  On the Irvine website it has plan 3x listed as low 600s which is at least a 60k increase of the price in June  ???

Phase 10 pricing and site map attached.  Released Oct 1st.

Attachments

• Phase 10 Pricing.pdf
    79 KB · Views: 301
  • Phase 10 Site Map.pdf
    385.6 KB · Views: 249
I finally got through to one of the sales agents, there's 9 3/3x left ranging from 549-575.  Either the website is wrong or that's the price of the models.

Hi,

I am looking to buy new home in Irvine.  Just curious if anyone can share what kind of builder incentives are offered for Santa Barbara tract.

Thanks,

newhomebuyer said:
Hi,

I am looking to buy new home in Irvine.  Just curious if anyone can share what kind of builder incentives are offered for Santa Barbara tract.

Thanks,
Zero incentives in terms of builder or lender credits and no broker-coop along with a $4k Mello Roos when I went by on Sunday. 

Back