Santa Barbara in Woodbury

Patrick Star said:
My bet is:

Plan 1 -  $389,880
Plan 2 -  $499,880
Plan 3 -  $549,880
Plan 3x- $559,880

Haha, any combination of 8s will do.  Except for $800,000 of course.  :)

jumpcut said:
Another floorplan was added to the Santa Barbara website: 2X.  For the life of me, I can't figure out what the difference is between 2 and 2X...the square footage is identical.  I feel like it's one of those puzzles where you have to find the differences between the two pictures.  Maybe someone else can compare and figure it out.

I will volunteer ajw522!!!  This dude can find any little different in anything.

fe9000 said:
jumpcut said:
Another floorplan was added to the Santa Barbara website: 2X.  For the life of me, I can't figure out what the difference is between 2 and 2X...the square footage is identical.  I feel like it's one of those puzzles where you have to find the differences between the two pictures.  Maybe someone else can compare and figure it out.

I will volunteer ajw522!!!  This dude can find any little different in anything.

Courtyard and Downstairs bathroom.  Plan 2X has french doors out to courtyard, while Plan 2 has Sliding Doors.  Plan 2X has downstairs bathroom with Large Shower; Plan 2 has downstairs bathoom with smaller shower and linen area. :)

Storage closet is a little larger, with the window in Storage Closet is a bit smaller in Plan 2X, and the door to the closet is a bit more to the left in Plan 2X

Santa Barabara has "Townhome and FLATS"...so I think the Plan 3 is a "townhome" and Plan 1, 2, and 2X are "Flats"...

fishfinder333 said:
test said:
fishfinder333 said:
700k seems way too high for a townhouse.

It's a condo not a townhouse as there is another unit above or below you.

Dude lets get your facts straight buddy. Its a townhouse.
Is there a difference between a condo and townhouse?  Last time I checked on MLS, there's no search for townhouses.  To me, a townhouse is a type of condo as is a flat or loft.

test said:
Legally it is a condo since you only own the airspace above the land and not the land itself

If this were true even the so called single family homes would be condo's too bc they don't own the land.

fishfinder333 said:
test said:
Legally it is a condo since you only own the airspace above the land and not the land itself

If this were true even the so called single family homes would be condo's too bc they don't own the land.

No, if you buy a SFH (Montecito) you own the land and the dwelling.

jumpcut said:
Homeowners own the land for every home in Woodbury.  Even for a townhouse or condo, you own a divided interest (with your neighbors) in the land.
Really? I thought the definition for condo was you only own the structure... not the land beneath it. Whereas townhomes you also own the land beneath too, even if your home is attached.

irvinehomeowner said:
jumpcut said:
Homeowners own the land for every home in Woodbury.  Even for a townhouse or condo, you own a divided interest (with your neighbors) in the land.
Really? I thought the definition for condo was you only own the structure... not the land beneath it. Whereas townhomes you also own the land beneath too, even if your home is attached.

Yes. Condos and Townhomes both own the land.

Well... SFR, townhome, condo classifications are always suspect on resale but on new homes, it would specifically state what is owned as part of title.

Can anyone confirm if all products, including condos, own the land also in Woodbury/WBE?

Condo by definition only owns what's within the walls... while townhomes share land ownership too.

It's an important distinction.

From Wikipedia

Technically, a condominium is a collection of individual home units along with the land upon which they sit. Individual home ownership within a condominium is construed as ownership of only the air space confining the boundaries of the home (Anglo-Saxon law systems; different elsewhere). The boundaries of that space are specified by a legal document known as a Declaration, filed of record with the local governing authority. Typically these boundaries will include the drywall surrounding a room, allowing the homeowner to make some interior modifications without impacting the common area. Anything outside this boundary is held in an undivided ownership interest by a corporation established at the time of the condominium?s creation. The corporation holds this property in trust on behalf of the homeowners as a group?-it may not have ownership itself.

Just got an email stating that Santa Barbara will be opening on June 19th.

sb.png

jumpcut said:
From the OCR:

More than 400 people have signed up for the priority registration for new homes at Santa Barbara by California Pacific Homes ? townhomes and flats in Woodbury outside of the Irvine Co.?s original ?2010 Collection.? Homes in this community range from 1,165 square feet of living space to more than 1,800; with up to three bedrooms; a loft and three and a half bathrooms in some models.
http://irvinehomes.freedomblogging.com/2010/05/20/400-on-interest-list-for-new-irvine-homes/13899/

Lol, I am one of the 400.

hmmm...I wonder what the prices are for these townhomes.  I really like the layout of plan 3/3x.  They did a very nice job with the design.

Stopped by the sales office yesterday. Here's what was on their price sheet:

Residence 1: From $374,000
Residence 2/2x: From $501,000
Residence 3: From $566,000
Residence 3x: From $573,000

I stopped by also and the models will not open until June (I think they said June 16 th or 19th...).  One interesting information I gathered is that priority is based on who pre-qualifies first.  So even if you are higher up on the priority reg. list, if someone else lower on the list pre-qualifies before you, they get to pick a house before you.  I think this seems fair.  It probably also weeds out those who are on the priority reg. list who are not serious about buying (i.e. those who reg. just in case).

kayochan said:
I stopped by also and the models will not open until June (I think they said June 16 th or 19th...).  One interesting information I gathered is that priority is based on who pre-qualifies first.  So even if you are higher up on the priority reg. list, if someone else lower on the list pre-qualifies before you, they get to pick a house before you.  I think this seems fair.  It probably also weeds out those who are on the priority reg. list who are not serious about buying (i.e. those who reg. just in case).

Models open June 19th @ 10am.  Priority is based on Pre-Qualifiers with their approved lender.  See attached scanned documentation.

I am not affiliated with Cal Pac.  Just an interested buyer like the rest of you guys.  Thought I'd pass along the info.

Effective Date: May 22. 2010

HOA:
Santa Barbara residents are part of the Woodbury Community Association and dues are approximately $105
per month. Additionally, Santa Barbara residents are part of the Santa Barbara Neighborhood Association and
dues are approximately $183 per month.

Total homeowners association dues are approximately $288 per month.

Estimated Property Taxes and Special Assessments:

Base Property Tax: 1.05% of sales price
AD Tax: $1,793 per year
CFD Tax: $1,988 per year
Other Taxes: $149 per year
Overall Effective Tax Rate: Approximately 1.9%

SantaBarbaraPhase1Map.jpg

SantaBarbaraResidence1.jpg

RESIDENCE 1
Approximately 1,165 Square Feet
2 Bedrooms
2 Bathrooms
Great Room
2-Car Garage

?Unit #112 74 Costa Brava Plan 1A Sold with Standard Features Sales Price: $374,000
Unit #101 96 Costa Brava Plan 10 Additional Electrical Options Keyless Entry Pad at Garage Door Sales Price: $378,695
Unit #104 90 Costa Brava Plan 1A Additional Electrical Options Keyless Entry Pad at Garage Door Sales Price: $374,695
Unit #107 84 Costa Brava Plan 1AR Additional Electrical Options Keyless Entry Pad at Garage Door Sales Price: $374,695

SantaBarbaraResidence2.jpg

SantaBarbaraResidence2x.jpg

RESIDENCE 2/2X*
Approximately 1,559 Square Feet
3 Bedrooms
3 Bathrooms
Great Room
2-Car Garage
Optional Office at Bedroom 3

Unit #103 92 Costa Brava Plan 2A Sold with Standard Features Sales Price: $501,000
Unit #100 98 Costa Brava Plan 2G Stain Grade Raised Maple Cabinets in Kitchen with Brandy Stain Additional Electrical Options Keyless Entry Pad at Garage Door Sales Price: $509,455
Unit #111 76 Costa Brava Plan 2A Additional Electrical Options Keyless Entry Pad at Garage Door Sales Price: $501,980
Unit #108 82 Costa Brava Plan 2CXR Additional Electrical Options Keyless Entry Pad at Garage Door Sales Price: $501,980

SantaBarbaraResidence3.jpg

RESIDENCE 3
Approximately 1,773 Square Feet
3 Bedrooms
3.5 Bathrooms
Great Room
Loft
2-Car Garage

Unit #102 94 Costa Brava Plan 3A Sold with Standard Features Sales Price: $566,000
Unit #110 78 Costa Brava Plan 3A Additional Electrical Options Keyless Entry Pad at Garage Door Sales Price: $566,980
Unit #109 80 Costa. Brava Plan 3CR Additional Electrical Options Keyless Entry Pad at Garage Door Sales Price: $566,980

SantaBarbaraResidence3x.jpg

RESIDENCE 3X
Approximately 1,810-1,820 Square Feet
3 Bedrooms
3.5 Bathrooms
Great Room
Loft
2-Car Garage

Unit #105 88 Costa Brava Plan 3XA Stain Grade Raised Maple Cabinets in Kitchen with Brandy Stain Additional Electrical Options Keyless Entry Pad at Garage Door Sales Price: $577,625
Unit #106 86 Costa Brava Plan 3XAR Additional Electrical Options Keyless Entry Pad at Garage Door Sales Price: $573,980
Unit #113 72 Costa Brava Plan 3XA Stain Grade Raised Maple Cabinets in Kitchen with Brandy Stain Additional Electrical Options Keyless Entry Pad at Garage Door Sales Price: $577,625

[attachment deleted by admin]

Back